What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Line Breaks???

Inferno

Coach
no doubt, Kearney got 1 or 2 from memory, and I suppose Anderson's try is classed as a line break.

Bird made a few half busts but I doubt they are classed as line breaks.

The Nulla

Juniors
We made breaks, but as JC said no-one backing up AND when we made them Peachey came up and nailed us... He didn't run with the player to the tryline like Simmo.. useless cat.

gavin_miller

Juniors
I work for a stats company and worked on our game in all honesty last night (very frustrating!) and it sounds about right from memory. I think Bird had one or two as well as those mentioned ...

The Popper

Bench
Seemed to me that Souths made many more line breaks than we did. Maybe they counted the times we ran across the 20 metre `lines' and 1/2 way `line'.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
chili pepper said:
NRL stats has us 8-5.

Surely a mistake?

For the millionth time NRL Live Stats, as published during and immediately after a game, are ALWAYS wrong.

Each games stats get revised by blokes who sit and go through the videos again a few times.

You get the accurate ones Monday or Tuesday on the NRL site or during the week in RLW or BL

For the record the line breaks in this match were 6 all after the final passes.

chili pepper

Bench
Frenzy. said:
For the millionth time NRL Live Stats, as published during and immediately after a game, are ALWAYS wrong.

Each games stats get revised by blokes who sit and go through the videos again a few times.

You get the accurate ones Monday or Tuesday on the NRL site or during the week in RLW or BL

For the record the line breaks in this match were 6 all after the final passes.

I can understand that they might need a few runs to finalise tackle counts but FMD - linebreaks? There were 12 over 80mins - how hard can that be to get right 1st time?

gavin_miller

Juniors
chili pepper said:
I can understand that they might need a few runs to finalise tackle counts but FMD - linebreaks? There were 12 over 80mins - how hard can that be to get right 1st time?

Doing the stats to a live game (without slo-mo and replays) is pretty intense at times. Its a case of the obvious ones get thrown in live and then on the second call through (takes up to four hours a half) you can define every specific. I guess I'm trying to say in a live situation there are only so many things you can do before you have to move onto the next play, tackle,kick etc etc ... sometimes there is just not enough time.

Quigs

Immortal
f**k the stats

As Bod Dylan once sang, "you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows"

How many times did I drop my head banging my forhead on the table as I watched the game on TV --- lost count after about 8 --- lost consciousness in the 74th minute.

The good lord is testing my faith

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88 and Fat Controller
Quigs

Latest posts