What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lisa Fernandez Renews Her Membership

Radio Personality Lisa Fernandez Renews Her Membership

10 Feb 2009

LisaFDetail-db656845-242d-457c-bc90-f3e83c0c3246.jpg

The Rabbitohs are heading to Perth in June to take on the Melbourne Storm, and one of Perth’s number one radio stars, Lisa Fernandez has renewed her Rabbitohs Membership for 2009.

Lisa will be spreading the word about the red and green in WA and has just joined the top rating afternoon drive program on Mix 94.5 in Perth called 'The Big Couch.'

The SSFC Membership Team caught up with Lisa to ask about love of the Rabbitohs.

How long have you been a Rabbitohs supporter and Member?

For eight years now.

How did you become a Rabbitohs Supporter?
I interviewed George Piggins many years ago and joined straight after we got off the phone.
Why is Membership important to you and why do you think Membership is important to the Rabbitohs?
I think it's important to support your club financially if you are able to afford it and membership is definitely the best way of doing that. It also provides ticketing benefits and gives you access to different offers the club provides.
Membership allows the Club to know exactly who their true supporters are and the money helps to put a better football team on the park each week.
What has been your favourite moment as a Rabbitohs Member?
Beating the Tigers at Leichhardt Oval in 2007 to make finals for the first time since 1989.
Who is your favourite Rabbitohs player?
My favourite current player is Nathan Merritt, and my favourite past player is Phil Blake.
Where do you think the Rabbitohs will finish next year?
I think that we have recruited fairly well so we will definitely finish higher than last season. With a bit of luck and good management with our injuries, I think we can have a great year.
Are you looking forward to the match in Perth next year?
Absolutely! We have a huge Rabbitohs fan base here in WA and to see the team play in Perth will be a fantastic experience and a great opportunity to further expand Rugby League as a code.
It's also wonderful that the younger Souths supporters will be able to see their favourite players live at the ground rather than on the TV.