What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Live League on Nine?

Misty Bee

First Grade
Duddums.

I have no problem with an 8.30 start for FNF. So what if it's delayed? 1 hour - geez, that must really kill!

Name me one other sports telecast that goes PRIME TIME on a regular basis - AFL being shown live mens zip on a saturday arvo. The serious viewers are watching Super Saturday - the passive viewers at at the beach or in the garden!

A 7.30 telecast would play havock with people wanting a beer after work, and a decent meal after commuting home. 7.30 is when most parents are getting young kids in bed.

Pick something decent to whinge about!

nqboy

First Grade
I disagree. I think we offer better value to FTA channels if we're delayed and thus can charge a higher premium for our product. I despise Nein's treatment of league as much as anyone but you do have the option of Fox and 2 games a week (or 3 in a 16 team comp) seems about the right balance.

Origin, Tests and Finals should be live across the nation.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Origin, Tests and Finals should be live across the nation

Maybe they should be PRIME TIME across the nation. More viewers, more exposure.

Fox is there for the live stuff, thus freeing Nine to promote the game in the better TV markets. That they don't IS the major problem with the FTA deal. Not the absence of live FTA.

Latest posts