What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loan deals in the NRL

super_coach

First Grade
Loan agreements are a great step forward. How many clubs have had their seasons stuffed when a key player goes down for the season in a trial game. Can’t believe it has taken this long

juro

Bench
What happens if a loaned player gets returned to his normal club with injuries? A bit like returning a hire car with damage...

Dogs Of War

Coach
I could see some try before you buy scenarios for clubs. Get a player on loan, they go well at your club, work a solution to see that player transfer to your club and get into your top 30 before the deadline.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I could see some try before you buy scenarios for clubs. Get a player on loan, they go well at your club, work a solution to see that player transfer to your club and get into your top 30 before the deadline.

That's what happens in SL and is quite successful. It also gives young players who cant get in the first team in their chosen position an opportunity to get first grade experience and put themselves in the shop window. Useful for lower clubs when they lose a player pre-season for a long period and need some quality to fill the position.

Knight76

Juniors
I'd swap Darius for a something useful, like a ballboy or a can of that stick on spray.

I'm thinking a corner post. But corner post must be in the defensive line. Every tackle, pick a spot and plug the post in to the ground, opposition players are allowed to push it over on their way through.

The NRL won't allow this "swap for something useful stuff", needs to be like for like.

I can see the player loan idea being of great benefit to clubs with youngsters coming through to grade, but held out by an established NRL player. Loan them out to a club that is sparse in that position and get them some game time and experience. Bring them back if required for injury or at the end of the loan period.

The NRL should encourage this occurring, especially for development type players.

>zuzu<

Juniors
This has been a "thing" in global soccer for decades. I do not understand how hard it is for the NRL to comprehend, and give the tick of approval.

This will be an interesting one, given both teams are benefiting from a player so it is a more even playing field. Generally with loan deals, it is a big club who is stacked with players allowing for a junior member of their squad to get more game time. In this instance, it is a deal that benefits both parties to fill gaping holes in their roster.

Given that - the only thing I want to know - is will the players be allowed to play against their respective parent clubs?

The Rosco

Bench
Another attack on my club so I must say it Doesn’t surprise me to see your mob trying to rort the system

how many boats involved in the swap with the storm:scream:
Lol boats. Such a GI thing. Wouldn't you pick a rort reward that wasn't linked to an indigenous souffs legend ?
It is indeed a noble and honourable thing, the way you have nominated yourself to be the guardian and defender of souffs. You keep fending off them attacks.
You just don't see it, do you ?

Last edited:

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
Lol boats. Such a GI thing. Wouldn't you pick a rort reward that wasn't linked to an indigenous souffs legend ?
It is indeed a noble and honourable thing, the way you have nominated yourself to be the guardian and defender of souffs. You keep fending off them attacks.
You just don't see it, do you ?

Just keep following me around like a little puppy, foggy. You’ll learn plenty if ya put your ego aside.

Actually it seems more like jealousy :bulb:

siv

First Grade
Doesn't the 30 man Jun 30 deadline override any loan?

You can already seek NRL compensation if a player gets injured

T-Boon

Coach
The NRL would be worried that Bellamy and a mentor of his have hatched this. Rightly so.

They have to try to anticipate how it will be cheated by the various cheats.

I could definitely see the Roosters very cleverly taking advantage of this (they seem to be a club that is good at sacrificing a season and reloading during that season with obscene amounts of talent).

So maybe they loan Tedesco to Brisbane in return for junk during a down season with some "handshake" that they get something back for a planned up season.

siv

First Grade
The NRL would be worried that Bellamy and a mentor of his have hatched this. Rightly so.

They have to try to anticipate how it will be cheated by the various cheats.

I could definitely see the Roosters very cleverly taking advantage of this (they seem to be a club that is good at sacrificing a season and reloading during that season with obscene amounts of talent).

So maybe they loan Tedesco to Brisbane in return for junk during a down season with some "handshake" that they get something back for a planned up season.

What about a critical missed tackle that puts Newcastle into the finals in a match against Easts