What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lock Manly in for the spoon

TheFrog

Coach
Saints fans have followed a top flight side that hasn't won a wooden spoon since 1938.

I don't think from a strict position that StGI and StG are the same club, and nor is Illawarra so that wouldn't count. From that POV the original Saints Run stops at 60. Anything beyond that is just a dick measuring contest.
If that's the case Manly avoided the spoon for 53 years, then when reformed for a further 16 years.

t-ba

Post Whore
If that's the case Manly avoided the spoon for 53 years, then when reformed for a further 16 years.

which case? We were readmitted not reformed. Manly has gone 69 seasons in the top flight since formation without a spoon if we don't include the JV ;)

Exsilium

First Grade
I’d only wish a spoon on a team I truely hate.

It’s not Manly.

It’s the Storm.

A man can dream....

Vic Mackey

Referee
If they sort their shit out I genuinely believe that with a bit of luck with injuries Manly are a side that can push the top 4. Turbox2, DCE and Taupau are all in the top couple of their positions in the game. Guys like Walker, Kelly, Thompson, AFB, Korisau would walk into any side. They belted Storm, Broncos and Penrith and Beat the Sharks at home.

There’s a real good team that will probably never see it’s full potential IMO

AJB1102

First Grade
If they sort their shit out I genuinely believe that with a bit of luck with injuries Manly are a side that can push the top 4. Turbox2, DCE and Taupau are all in the top couple of their positions in the game. Guys like Walker, Kelly, Thompson, AFB, Korisau would walk into any side. They belted Storm, Broncos and Penrith and Beat the Sharks at home.

Dunno about top 4 but I agree their top 1-17 is not a spoon roster at all. They're lacking team harmony and a strong enough coach to sort it out.

TheFrog

Coach

They had some good wins but finished where they deserved. If they are losing Taupau as it appears I'd have them bottom 4 again. You wonder how long the Turbo Bros will put up with the place.

Teddyboy

First Grade
Manly always had a near/full stadium before SL and it always came over well and again it did when they came back 2003 and now they are the wicked sister as are all Toxic Sydney clubs

I Bleed Maroon

Referee

t-ba

Post Whore
Feeling more and more justified in dropping that membership and only attending away fixtures next year. It's quite annoying as 2019 will be my first year in Sydney in over a decade. I know I'm just one rube but I'll be damned if those retreads get anything from me until they actually start pulling in something vaguely resembling the right direction.

Jason Taylor roflmao.

Vozzy

Juniors
This weekend Cherry Evens scores the match winning try.

Jason Taylor "that's my guy. Blacktown it's for you"

Latest posts