What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Locke

Brando

Juniors
We are a different side when Locke is there. Luck is there too and the two halves kicking game is on song. I'm excited! Stupid play Mats though walking back through the ruck. Just need Henry to belt Pomery now! Go boys!

Izz

Bench
I like that when Henry gets belted or gets worked over he gets up with a huge smile, as if to say, "Is that the best you can do?"

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I like that when Henry gets belted or gets worked over he gets up with a huge smile, as if to say, "Is that the best you can do?"

I like when Henry has a run and nothing positive happens for us. Like, approximately every time.

hitman82

Bench
When Cordner smashed him during the Roosters game he did the same.

Yeah I remember that one - classic stuff. I think the Sharks player will see a couple of weeks on the sideline for his actions too. It wasn't just an elbow drop, but and actual strike to the temple area. Really nasty shot.

Also I think Henry is a damn solid rookie. He clearly won't be a long term centre, but he's our best option there right now. Next season he will slot into the second row very comfortably. Henry is mostly there to shut down opposition attackers, a role he has performed very well against some of the best in the league; including Hodges and Inglis.

Izz

Bench
Yeah I remember that one - classic stuff. I think the Sharks player will see a couple of weeks on the sideline for his actions too. It wasn't just an elbow drop, but and actual strike to the temple area. Really nasty shot.

Also I think Henry is a damn solid rookie. He clearly won't be a long term centre, but he's our best option there right now. Next season he will slot into the second row very comfortably. Henry is mostly there to shut down opposition attackers, a role he has performed very well against some of the best in the league; including Hodges and Inglis.
tbh, i'm not all that comfortable with the idea of him in the back row. He needs to bulk up, imo. He'd get physically dominated in the pack, even more than he does now at centre. As others have mentioned, a backrow of Mannering, Taylor and Henry has a very similar look to it, and i'm not confident in our coach to use his interchanges well enough to make sure they're not all three on the field at the same time.

hitman82

Bench
tbh, i'm not all that comfortable with the idea of him in the back row. He needs to bulk up, imo. He'd get physically dominated in the pack, even more than he does now at centre. As others have mentioned, a backrow of Mannering, Taylor and Henry has a very similar look to it, and i'm not confident in our coach to use his interchanges well enough to make sure they're not all three on the field at the same time.

Oh I agree entirely - there is no way that trio should be in the second row together! It'd be Luck/Mannering/Lillyman 2.0.

The way I see it, Henry will be competing with Taylor for a spot in the team. I'm sure he will bulk up in the off season too.

Would you prefer Henry be retained as a back-up for Hurrell and Nielsen?

Izz

Bench
Would you prefer Henry be retained as a back-up for Hurrell and Nielsen?
Yeah i would, actually. I just have visions of Henry getting completely dominated every hit up. He'll get up smiling, and toil hard, but that's about it. Maybe if he puts on 5-8 kgs in the off-season...