What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lockyer an immortal?

Sean18

Juniors
He will become a immortal sometime, but it would be a disgrace if he became one before Andrew Johns.

some11

Referee
lolaax.jpg
trollfacek.jpg

redvscotty

First Grade
Have no problem with him being made an immortal.... I'm even going to goto the Rd 26 game just for my own little peice of history.

eagles4eva

First Grade
As a Manly supporter I cringe when “have another pie” Peter's comments on anything associated with RL. He should just shut up and not comment at all…

Eels Dude

Coach
I agree to an extent. Players should have to have been retired for a while to be considered for an inclusion for 'immortal' status. Just like Hall of Fames. Lockyer will get his recognition down the track, but not yet. Joey deserves the honour and no doubtedly before Lockyer, but he's still years away from being considered also.

Ozzy

First Grade
The guy hasn't even retired yet. Way too early for him or any other recently retired player to be considered.

bottle

Coach
The real disgrace is either of them before Provan.
This. Will never happen because there is a view that it is overloaded with Saints, an expected legacy of the times. If Provan had played for another club it would be a done deal by now.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
I've become ever more frustrated with the 'Immortals' tag and the politics involved. The level of discussion associated with it is degrading to the wonderful players of our game.

It was and always will be a way of selling a magazine. The Hall of Fame is a far more honourable concept at the present time.

betcats

Referee
I've become ever more frustrated with the 'Immortals' tag and the politics involved. The level of discussion associated with it is degrading to the wonderful players of our game.

It was and always will be a way of selling a magazine. The Hall of Fame is a far more honourable concept at the present time.

Agree 100%. Scrap the immortals system and start a hall of fame, the immortals are obviously automatic entries but there must be more players and coaches that deserve to be in there from the last 100 odd years.

user_nat

Coach
He certainly doesn't deserve to be one the day he retires. How about we wait a few years?
Probably a couple of other people who need to be there first anyhow.

gronkathon

First Grade
I always assumed the no McDonalds policy at Brookvale was so Peters could go bin diving for more goodies.

On the subject I really like the HOF concept.

And yes Lockyer should be one but not for a few years at least

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Agree with the theory, but as usual with Peter Peters, he should just shut the f*ck up.
I am a massive Manly supporter but surely someone at the club has to pull the plug on this imbecile?? A moron of the highest order.
Lockyer perhaps one day will be an immortal but not yet. Plently of other candidates just as worthy ahead of him.

RABK

Referee
Meninga first, Johns next, Lockyer in a few years.

I personally think Kenny, Langer, Daley, Stuart and Fittler are all neglected in immortal discussions. Are Meninga , Johns or Lockyer a class above them? I think not. Further back Irvine, Coote, McCarthy, Provan and a couple of others aren't a class below the current candidates.