What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lockyer NOT a Rooster

I'm getting f**king pissed off with all this shit and the dickheads who want to persist with this shit.

Lockyer not a Rooster

Author: Sydney Roosters
Friday, 14 May 2004

There has been a rumour fuelled by the media that the Roosters have approached Darren Lockyer to join our club. This is completely untrue, Darren Lockyer has not been approached and will not be joining our club.

We are frustrated with the speculation that the Roosters are linked to every high profile player coming onto the market.

The Roosters are proud of our development program in which players like Michael Crocker, Chris Flannery, Anthony Minichiello, Shannon Hegarty, Peter Cusack, Todd Byrne, and Anthony Tupou have developed and be assured that development from within is our program for the future.

Currently our Under 20 Jersey Flegg team are on top of the competition ladder, our Under 18 SG Ball team finished their season as minor premiers and we are confident many future representative players will come from that squad.

Brian Canavan
CEO
Sydney Roosters

ozzie

Bench
It's an easy way to make money - "see what the Roosters have offerred you'll have to do better".. trouble is if we signed every player who we have been associated with - there would only be one club...

tiger_nick

Bench
Penelope Pittstop said:
I'm getting f***ing pissed off with all this sh*t and the dickheads who want to persist with this sh*t.

Lockyer not a Rooster

Friday, 14 May 2004

There has been a rumour fuelled by the media that the Roosters have approached Darren Lockyer to join our club. This is completely untrue, Darren Lockyer has not been approached and will not be joining our club.

We are frustrated with the speculation that the Roosters are linked to every high profile player coming onto the market.

The Roosters are proud of our development program in which players like Michael Crocker, Chris Flannery, Anthony Minichiello, Shannon Hegarty, Peter Cusack, Todd Byrne, and Anthony Tupou have developed and be assured that development from within is our program for the future.

Currently our Under 20 Jersey Flegg team are on top of the competition ladder, our Under 18 SG Ball team finished their season as minor premiers and we are confident many future representative players will come from that squad.

Brian Canavan
CEO
Sydney Roosters

When they are developing players of this calibre I find it hard to believe they would need to buy players from other clubs

TM that's it exactly. I for one will be the first to complain if we buy outside the club. Personally, I can't see the Club making such a swift and solid statement if we did in fact approch Lockyer.

I must admit I'm reading the thread in the NRL section and having a good laugh at the conspiracy theorists. I haven't posted the Clubs response as I'm enjoying them making fools out of themselves. :lol:

The Backpacker

Juniors
tiger_nick said:
Penelope Pittstop said:
I'm getting f***ing pissed off with all this sh*t and the dickheads who want to persist with this sh*t.

Lockyer not a Rooster

Friday, 14 May 2004

Brian Canavan
CEO
Sydney Roosters

When they are developing players of this calibre I find it hard to believe they would need to buy players from other clubs

:lol: 8-[

Jimmy

Juniors
What has this low life got to do to be banned from this forum ? Is the above contribution considered OK by the administrators ? That will do me.

Jimmy said:
What has this low life got to do to be banned from this forum ? Is the above contribution considered OK by the administrators ? That will do me.

Jimmy I have deleted the post of oneyes' that your referring to and his response to you as well. :D

Jimmy

Juniors
Thanks Penelope. I did not see the response but I think this forum would be better off without his involvement. He brings no credit to the decent Bulldog supporters.

Agreed Jimmy, the problem with oneye and those like him is that spamming and trolling forums without offering any intelligent discussion is all they are capable of.

You Rang?????
Look...which one of you 4 rooster supports spoke to him outside the cafe Latte shop.

Back up....Lockyers only improving his price
Youll have a lot to spent.
Every man and his dog will be after Fittlers money but you have a ready made replacement in Wing or Flannery-Its why you bought them isnt it?

Jimmy

Juniors
Ricky Stuart was interviewed on 2GB this afternoon. He stated that the Roosters have NEVER spoken to Lockyer or his manager and Lockyer will not be playing with them. He indicated that Craig Wing would probably wear the number 6 with Webb as hooker. Chris Flannery was also mentioned.

This whole story was a beat up but it sucked in the Rooster haters and got a lot of space on all the forums.

melon....

Coach
Holla if ya hear me said:
You Rang?????
Look...which one of you 4 rooster supports spoke to him outside the cafe Latte shop.

Every man and his dog will be after Fittlers money but you have a ready made replacement in Wing or Flannery-Its why you bought them isnt it?
Jeezus you are stupid...

melon.... said:
Holla if ya hear me said:
You Rang?????

Jeezus you are stupid...
Jesus you can kiss my ass and the horse I rode in on.
Wake up flip

m0j0

Bench
Latest News:

Author: NRL
Monday, 17 May 2004

The National Rugby League has concluded its inquiries in relation to speculation regarding the Roosters, Darren Lockyer and the anti-tampering rules.

After discussions with the relevant clubs and player agent, the NRL has found there is not enough evidence to sustain a case in relation to anti-tampering.

In light of the assurances received by the parties involved, it is unlikely that the NRL would register any contract between the Roosters and Darren Lockyer were it to be proposed for next season.

"The NRL reminds clubs of the importance of adhering to anti- tampering rules regardless of any attempt by player agents to promote a player's availability," NRL Chief Executive, Mr David Gallop, said today.

"We all accept that the current anti-tampering date is not ideal but on the one hand we have the players demanding some security regarding their future and on the other we have the fans and clubs wanting to concentrate on the current year.

"The clubs certainly have been pushing for Agent Accreditation to be a key part of the Collective Bargaining Agreement and that would help manage these sorts of processes more easily."

eddie

Juniors
Jimmy said:
This whole story was a beat up but it sucked in the Rooster haters and got a lot of space on all the forums.

Sounds like a heap of other crap I've read on forums, and in newspapers over the last couple of years.

Rooster haters on the whole are idiots.
You gotta assume that!
I've yet to read one logical reason for a league fan to hate Easts, besides jealousy.
There's a lot of obvious reasons for fans of the game resenting the actions of clubs like Brisbane, Canterbury, Souths, Penrith and St George......but envy of hard-earned success should'nt apply.

Geez...............I can't believe I referred to the Bronco's as a "club"!...

Business venture.
Franchise.
Shareholders plaything.
Company flagship.

Is that better????

DJ1

Juniors
Insufficient Evidence

...but why would the NRL state that it would refuse to register a contract?

Yes, it seems strange seeing as there will be no contract, nor was there ever going to be a contract. Look further into the article and read what it says about Player managers DJ1.

jed

First Grade
Penelope Pittstop said:
TM that's it exactly. I for one will be the first to complain if we buy outside the club. Personally, I can't see the Club making such a swift and solid statement if we did in fact approch Lockyer.

Yeah, but look at the Raiders as an example of what happens by not spending on the open market - while it's admirable to place faith on your juniors, you need new blood to keep things fresh. We didn't buy a single player this season, and have dropped from top 4 contenders in 1st Grade last season to a team that has lost more games than we've won. And our lower grades were in awesome form last year. As far as player losses, we only lost Lolesi (to the Bulldogs), Monaghan (Manly) and Rutgerson (England).

I'm not suggesting that a club needs turnstiles on the team, but new blood can be quite envigorating to even the best of teams.

Latest posts