What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lockyer Out

Minh

First Grade
It's official Lockyer has pulled out of clash against Manly, Broncos gonesky IMO.

Fingerbang

Bench
Sanity prevails.....no way would he or should he have been allowed to play 6 days after a fractured cheekbone and facial surgery.

Minh

First Grade
Sanity prevails.....no way would he or should he have been allowed to play 6 days after a fractured cheekbone and facial surgery.

Yep very unfortunate ending to the greatest NRL career of all time, good luck Locky.

ghostface

Juniors
It's a real shame that his career may end like this... i think the broncos may employ a "DO IT FOR LOCKY" catchcry for their upcoming match.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
What a shame. I hope if (when!) they beat Manly h
e is able to play in the GF.
Hope your wrong.....hes been a good player for a long time ...BUT I dont think living in Qld I could stand another photo of him on the front and back page of the Courier Mail or all the hype thats been going on month after month day after day.....Lockyers 3rd last Origin 2nd last Origin last Origin.... 3rd last game at Suncorp 2nd last game etc ...how they plated his face...the route the car will take to Sydney.....Helicopter flys under the radar....now his old mans grabbing the headlines the team must do it for Locky......please Manly put it bed...its just become embarrassing.......as I said before he has to be related to John Farnham......just ONE more time......

Last edited:

Minh

First Grade
Hope your wrong.....hes been a good player for a long time ...BUT I dont think living in Qld I could stand another photo of him on the front and back page of the Courier Mail or all the hype thats been going on month after month day after day.....Lockyers 3rd last Origin 2nd last Origin last Origin.... 3rd last game at Suncorp 2nd last game etc ...how they plated his face...the route the car will take to Sydney.....Helicopter flys under the radar....now his old mans grabbing the headlines the team must do it for Locky......please Manly put it bed...its just become embarrassing.......as I said before he has to be related to John Farnham......just ONE more time......

I think they should play Boys To Men "End of the road" by the end of this week.:sarcasm:

Rocket

Juniors
BUT I dont think living in Qld I could stand another photo of him on the front and back page of the Courier Mail or all the hype thats been going on month after month day after day.....

I hear you. But the Courier Mail is a shit newspaper and all journalists should be first up against the wall come the revolution. Lockyer is a decent bloke and regardless of the media hanging on his every movement the Qlder and Australian in me wishes him the best.

And maybe 15 years away from Brisbane has mellowed my loathing of the Broncos (not by much though).

Minh

First Grade
This Manly vs Broncos game will be a close contest even without Lockyer. Broncos can win.

redvwhite

Juniors
Broncos 22 Manly 18...u heard it here first. Manly are pretty good but I think Broncos are pretty solid and if they play like they did last week, Manly won't hold them out a la that defiant Dragons wall of defence.

LONG LIVE ST GEORGE

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I hear you. But the Courier Mail is a shit newspaper and all journalists should be first up against the wall come the revolution. Lockyer is a decent bloke and regardless of the media hanging on his every movement the Qlder and Australian in me wishes him the best.

And maybe 15 years away from Brisbane has mellowed my loathing of the Broncos (not by much though).

Yes I do agree he seems a decent bloke and been a good player...but enough was enough....anyway thanks Manly for putting it to bed at long last...still Im sure there will be a street parade soon .....and he will get his voice fixed and take his place on the Footy Show panel...(Oh joy I can hardly wait)...... and as for tonites game The Broncos were competative but its was a different story for them having to play on someone elses turf instead of the golden run they have been having at Suncorp...anyway lets hurry up and get the Lockyer st parade done and dusted so we can read or see something else in the press......hes had more coverage than a large tin of Dulux

Last edited:

Latest posts