What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lockyer to decide return against Parramatta

Mr Saab

Referee
lockyer should take the week off. We will struggle to win even with him vs the eels at parra stadium.
If he tears it then its hello to 2006

renouf

Juniors
I disagree.. we haven't seen the Broncos with no.6 and no.9 for a long time.. if he is fit he should play, we need to start playing finals footy this week.. bringing him back the first week of the finals will be more difficult. Sure if he isn't 100% then he shouldn't play..

The Colonel

Immortal
The Broncos can't do any worse than finish fourth. They still get a home final. Lockyer won't be risked much like they won't risk Webcke.

renouf

Juniors
I don't see it as a risk if he is fit, because if they are that worried about him getting injured.. hows he ever going to make it as far as the GF?

The Colonel

Immortal
renouf said:
I don't see it as a risk if he is fit, because if they are that worried about him getting injured.. hows he ever going to make it as far as the GF?

When the injury occured they said he'd be out two to three weeks. Err on the side of caution and take the three weeks and make sure he is 100%. Then you have a pretty good chance he will last....

There is no use playing him if he isn't 100%. An unfit Lockyer is a burden. He plays horribly and it is no good for his confidence, and the team is really down at the moment, we can't afford him going down.

Webcke won't play

Inferno

Coach
I'd risk him, a win and they'd be guaranteed 1 or 2. What does that mean?

You would get either Manly/Rooters/Panthers or Cronulla first week of finals. Surely that would be a prospect most finals coaches would be frothing at the mouth for?

renouf

Juniors
I know Brisbane need to think of the bigger picture.. you field a qld cup side on Friday nite, get hammered.. remain 3rd possibly drop to 4th and definately play either the Cowboys or Melbourne - which are games we could well lose... and even we managed to beat them.. we'd have to play 2 more games to make the GF. But a win on Friday night would give us a top 2 finish and give us a chance to actually have a week off for some of these blokes with injuries. It's going to be a very big ask though to knock Parramatta off on Friday... even if Lockyer is there.

Striker

Juniors
im with you renouf, we didnt rest these players earlier in the season now when we need to secure one of the top two spots (if results go our way we could finish top) we decide to rest players. If they are fit ENOUGH to play, play them, beat parramatta finish 1st or 2nd, win in the first week of the finals, then let them rest, come back win the qualifing final, win grand final.... easy :p

eel_man70

Juniors
i like your confidence in beating Parra on friday night at parra stadium in the form they are in.... GOOD LUCK !! :D