What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lodge

Scott

Bench
I don’t mind it. He is behind AFB in the pecking order, but better than everyone else we have as a prop.
Yes, his history is terrible, but he has been exemplary since being allowed back in the NRL. Actually offers leadership.

JJ

Immortal
And it seems the Broncos are footing the bill, which is both good and a worry

but yeah with AFB and him we should have a strong platform

Penrose_11

Juniors
Im all good with it but a bit like SJ, hoping we got him at the right $$. He’s reportedly on $800k so hopefully Broncos still gonna pay some of that baggage

sup42

Juniors
I am really happy about it. I used to work with hardened Crims in lock up for a very long time, decades, so in the scheme of things, people get a bit mixed up on the realities of the real world.

People screw up. People who are wasted screw up large.

The whole point of punishment and recovery is get behind people when they are achieving in the program.

It is how society works. Fundamental to living in a democracy.

Rant over, he is a mega signing, people underrate his hard running long minutes, high output line bending.

People just don't like him, I get that part, dunno if I do either, but as a player he is a really hard running beast.

Our starting rotation will smash most teams in the NRL.

sup42

Juniors
Im all good with it but a bit like SJ, hoping we got him at the right $$. He’s reportedly on $800k so hopefully Broncos still gonna pay some of that baggage
Broncos are paying half according to the media which is why it is such a short contract with us.

Amazing wheeling and dealing by POS this year.

Haven't watched him enough to comment and he/was in a team in a dark place, but what I did see the defence close to the line in the middle was poor in last game I watch.

JJ

Immortal
I am really happy about it. I used to work with hardened Crims in lock up for a very long time, decades, so in the scheme of things, people get a bit mixed up on the realities of the real world.

People screw up. People who are wasted screw up large.

The whole point of punishment and recovery is get behind people when they are achieving in the program.

It is how society works. Fundamental to living in a democracy.

Rant over, he is a mega signing, people underrate his hard running long minutes, high output line bending.

People just don't like him, I get that part, dunno if I do either, but as a player he is a really hard running beast.

Our starting rotation will smash most teams in the NRL.
Most of us can avoid the shit he got up to, and has he actually been punished?

I can’t be positive, just ambivalent I guess…

SmashEmBro

Juniors
Great signing. Big minutes and big meters every game, has an offload and tackle break in him too.
Broncos footing up to a mill for 2.5 years? That’s $400k a season, meaning we signed him for around $450k per year.

F**king beauty

sup42

Juniors
Most of us can avoid the shit he got up to, and has he actually been punished?

I can’t be positive, just ambivalent I guess…
I get it.

I don't think there is anything wrong with being ambivalent. I was really just pointing out that is is harder to see the good in someones game when you do not like the person period.

I am pretty wary of people and tend to avoid people with issues in my private life where I can, occupational hazard.

Based on my training, someone who behaves like that is likely to be hallucinated, even the worst bangers won't mess with civilians like that, Mum and Pop and kid when drunk.

That incident was a above and beyond. Which strongly suggests delirium.

Either Alcohol induced (not as likely) or alcohol and drug induced (far more likely).

We know this is likely to be true because there is years of this characters substance free conduct to back up that he is not a violent psychopath when sober.

It would be a different story if he had a history, usually in childhood or adolescence of antisocial behavior and substance abuse issues.

Clearly he is a dangerous guy when he is using.

And a good citizen when he is straight.

Technically speaking substance abuse is a mental health diagnosis, I know that is unpopular...framing it that way, but his case meets with the medical text book definition if we are being impartial.

On the other hand, if he uses he is high risk, and he now knows this without reservation, in which case if he relapses, he deserves the book thrown at him.

Big Marn

Juniors
Any other relatives of O'Sullivan we are likely to sign this year?

He is a big body, which we needed. Apart from the crazy incident 6 years ago, has there been anything else since then,or has he been on the straight and narrow?

sup42

Juniors
Why did Broncos want to move him on?
Free up some cap room? to buy who?
Cap space.

That club is a mess with too much money invested in too few players, akin to what we did with Roger, Shaun, Tohu, Ken, and Fus tying up nearly three million dollars of the Warriors cap.

800lK tied up in a prop....a hang over from the old model of spending the bulk on Props.

Hasslers Dogs started that move, and the Rabbitohs followed on with big money on the Bergi.

The Warriors of course thought they had found a cheat by investing in Prop wings....two extra forwards who in essence means forward backs in one...for the one price.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Absolute dog of a human, he was suspended from the Tigers for numerous incidents prior to his disgrace in New York, and have a read of the way he treated his partner at the time

He may be a better person these days, which wouldn’t be hard to achieve, but he shouldn’t be near an NRL team. I’ve always struggled with the fact Todd Carney pretended to piss in his mouth and got struck off, Israel Folau quotes fairytales so he can’t play, but we can let the likes of this guy play NRL

Obviously I don’t support the signing at all, shows the character of the bloke when he threw quotes to the papers bagging Kevin Walters last week, when his form for 18 months has been ordinary

Absolute dog of a human, he was suspended from the Tigers for numerous incidents prior to his disgrace in New York, and have a read of the way he treated his partner at the time

He may be a better person these days, which wouldn’t be hard to achieve, but he shouldn’t be near an NRL team. I’ve always struggled with the fact Todd Carney pretended to piss in his mouth and got struck off, Israel Folau quotes fairytales so he can’t play, but we can let the likes of this guy play NRL

Obviously I don’t support the signing at all, shows the character of the bloke when he threw quotes to the papers bagging Kevin Walters last week, when his form for 18 months has been ordinary
The introduction to the team would be interesting.
There would have to be an open forum to ask any question to him, so it gets it out of the way vs bubbling under the surface/talking behind back, as I am sure there are plenty with similar if not stronger feelings about what he has done.

Todd did multiple stupid things, whilst not the magnitude of Lodges sin, probably had enough warnings.

I suspect if Folau apologised (like Lodge) he might be allowed back? again a victim of the times we live in, which are technically safer/more accepting than ever for anyone LGBTQ.

Latest posts