What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Logo Change

Nuke

Staff member
Hey Nuke (Adam is it?), you're good at sigs, would you kindly make me a Titans one plz similar to your Joondalup one?
Cheers
Close, it's Andrew, but no-one in footy circles calls me that..!
Yeah mate, for sure. I can make up one of those in a pretty short space of time, so will do that for you soon.

Nuke

Staff member
How's something like this, GoldfieldsTitans?
Goldfields_2011.jpg

Nuke

Staff member
Wide Latin

It's a pretty common font I think. You probably have it on your computer already.

Nuke

Staff member
Nuke any chance to look at our Red Army logo?
I haven't as yet mate, no.
Strangely enough though, I got an idea or two today out of nowhere, so I'll have a crack at them in the coming days and get back to you.

Nuke

Staff member
Here's one of the ideas I had on Friday.
I got the idea when I was looking for a photo certain breed of dog's head (it was for work) and came across a profile head pic.
WARedsalternatelogo-02.jpg

Actually, now that I've done it and see it, it looks a bit too much like Brisbane's logo, so I don't think we should go this direction.

Last edited:
Here's one of the ideas I had on Friday.
I got the idea when I was looking for a photo certain breed of dog's head (it was for work) and came across a profile head pic.
WARedsalternatelogo-02.jpg

Actually, now that I've done it and see it, it looks a bit too much like Brisbane's logo, so I don't think we should go this direction.

I hope youre sending these to the WARL mate. Interestingly enough whats that font called?

Nuke

Staff member
Nope, just posting 'em up here for the fun of it.
I wouldn't send this one anyway. Like I said in my last post, it's too similar to Brisbane's logo, so no-one would take it.

That font is called Serpentine. Again, it's a pretty common font, so you may have that one on your computer too.

Nuke

Staff member
Five months on from the last post, and inspiration hit me the other day for a new take on the WA Reds logo ideas. I was driving my car up Wanneroo Road, and outta nowhere, I saw the logo almost fully formed in my head. That never happens. Usually, I'll get a 'feel' for an idea or I see something that I believe I could make work for whatever logo I'm playing around with. Not this time. I couldn't get it out of my head, so sketched it onto a piece of scrap paper when I got to work, eventually got home, and started putting it together. Here is what I've come up with.
WARedsalternatelogo-01.jpg

and, to adjust it slightly
WARedsalternatelogo-02-1.jpg

Again, as you'll hopefully see, it's a different take on the Western Reds and WA Reds logos. I've used a more golder version of the 'old gold' colour - one that I think is more suitable than the 'old gold' colour I used in previous logos. The kangaroo is in a similar pose to the previous and current versions of the Reds logos, yet as we decided, the jersey he was wearing has disappeared.

What do you all think of these ones? The 2nd of the two I just did for the fun of adding some shadows to the kangaroo and because I had a feeling the 'REDS' text could do with adding another colour / tone to it. It's kinda reminiscent of the original Western Reds logo the way I've done this one. I am uploading it now simply because once I saw the two logos side-by-side, I couldn't actually make a decision which one I preferred!

I like the simplicity of the 1st one, however feel that the 2nd one just has that little bit more ... grunt ... I suppose. I dunno!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Def the 2nd one!

Any chance you can have a play and do me a "classic" sheild badge so I can put it up as a third option in the poll for the traditionalists?

here's my effort but I am sure you can do much better!
5960572760_a74cf1a902.jpg

docbrown

Coach
I've had another look at that 2nd shaded option - and - WOW - it's great. I mean, wow. It is better than most of the current NRL team logos.

You've definitely nailed it and I hope it gets selected and you get the honour of having your design emblazoned upon jerseys for years to come.

beave

Coach
f**k me that is an amazing logo, well done mate.

PR is onto something with it placed on a jersey though, this could be a problem. What if the yellow V on the jersey was dropped down a little, and then the text angled slightly a bit more so that the text basically fits almost in the red between the V's???? Sure some of it will spill into the old gold but at least some of it will have the red around it to make it stand out??

I am just throwing ideas out, I really hope the club goes with this jersey or something very close, same with the logo. They don't have to pay any ca$h to some latte' drinking,pony tailed marketing 'guru', give the honour to a fan and give him season tickets for life.

endeth the rant.

Latest posts