What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lolohea and Manu Gotta go

ozenzud

Juniors
Lolohea added absolutely nothing tonight. If he plays 1st grade again this year, something is very wrong. If Kearney picks him, there will be no respect from me.

Manu, just too injury prone now. We need a good winger with some pace.

Luke is probably a liability. Time for Clark to get the gig. At least he will be keen.

Ata Hingano was great last week but shite tonite.

If Foran doesn't play next week, I think our season is over before it starts.

Gubb haters, get stuffed. His work rate is right up there and I'll take his effort over some of the bullshit thats coming in from these alleged impact players.

Season on line next week.

Meth

Staff member
Gubb haters, get stuffed. His work rate is right up there and I'll take his effort over some of the bullshit thats coming in from these alleged impact players.

Gubb played relatively well (for him) tonight but his workrate was hardly worth mentioning.

Lolohea added absolutely nothing tonight. If he plays 1st grade again this year, something is very wrong. If Kearney picks him, there will be no respect from me.

Manu, just too injury prone now. We need a good winger with some pace.

Luke is probably a liability. Time for Clark to get the gig. At least he will be keen.

Ata Hingano was great last week but shite tonite.

If Foran doesn't play next week, I think our season is over before it starts.

Season on line next week.

:D:D:D dying

Blair

Coach
R&S, I can't get rid of your smilee action with this reply...I tried deleting but they aint going nowhere! :D:D:D

Anyway, from the other poster, "Season on line next week". Round Four? With our season over if we lose? I don't think any other clubs are checking out that early.

I'll admit, after round three, it's deeply concerning though.

Iafeta

Referee
Agree on the three aforementioned. But I will also say the likes of Vete and Lisone are cutting my patience. Where the hell is any go forward. The only bloke bending the line now believe it or not is Maumalo.

Cold Roses

Juniors
Agree on the three aforementioned. But I will also say the likes of Vete and Lisone are cutting my patience. Where the hell is any go forward. The only bloke bending the line now believe it or not is Maumalo.

Matulino, and his attitude when he returns, and either of the Sipley bros. at this point, could make a massive difference to our go forward. All depends on when/whether Kearney decides to roll the dice with the latter two. They haven't screened either of the last 2 NSW Warriors games here in Australia, but based on the Newcastle match, I think they have potential.

Cold Roses

Juniors

Gubb would work well in this team if we had a couple of big metre hungry forwards for him to work in tandem with. We don't though. That's why Paul Green is keen on him. If he was at the Cowboys, he would have Scott and Taumalolo doing the power work, and Charlie would be filling in the gaps.

Gubbs work ethic isn't the problem for me. It's his lack of effectiveness. For his size, I just don't think he's a particularly strong guy. He gets eaten up at the defensive line and doesn't seem to make anything in the way of the all important 'post contact' metres. No leg drive, and not particularly strong in the upper body either.

Iafeta

Referee
One thing we don't have in our pack. Someone who hits with a bit of whack. There's no intimidation. Opposition forwards run through us with elation.

Blair

Coach
One thing we don't have in our pack. Someone who hits with a bit of whack. There's no intimidation. Opposition forwards run through us with elation.

"The Warriors forwards are keeping a wary eye on Ruben Wiki."

I get what you're saying, that line above was from a play-off in 2003.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
So I take it Manu looks like he's gone for a while? I suspect we're stuck with Tui and Ken on the wings then unless we bring Ayshford in (I would)

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
I suspect Tui is here because the Warriors dont want to let him go. Its the coaches job to build confidence, but in trying to brainwash Tui into thinking 'he can make it' as a outside backing is THEIR subjective hope and poor career advice. Hes a HALF! He showed that in his chip that Reynolds failed to clean up and Bodene pounced on to score.

Last year when he was playing great as an outside back, I DARED to say he wasnt an outside back. Which would later come to fruition. Someone said he should go partner up with Hodgkinson at the Knights and that sounds good. The guys a half.

"People who are born round don’t die square.” Cus DAmato.

Rich102

Staff member
I suspect Tui is here because the Warriors dont want to let him go. Its the coaches job to build confidence, but in trying to brainwash Tui into thinking 'he can make it' as a outside backing is THEIR subjective hope and poor career advice. Hes a HALF! He showed that in his chip that Reynolds failed to clean up and Bodene pounced on to score.

Last year when he was playing great as an outside back, I DARED to say he wasnt an outside back. Which would later come to fruition. Someone said he should go partner up with Hodgkinson at the Knights and that sounds good. The guys a half.

"People who are born round don’t die square.” Cus DAmato.

Yeah, he's a half. NOT.
The guy plays as an individual. Even he doesn't know where he's going.
One goosestep and a wiggle does not a half make. (That's why Ata has overtaken Tui for a half spot.)

ozbash

Referee
He was a half, zero... I doubt he's anything now he's been shifted around so much..

ESL for a couple of years at 6 would see him right.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Yeah, he's a half. NOT.
The guy plays as an individual. Even he doesn't know where he's going.
One goosestep and a wiggle does not a half make. (That's why Ata has overtaken Tui for a half spot.)
Ive got no problems with Ata taking over at half. Lets get that clear. Just because I say Tui is half it does NOT mean Im saying he should take Atas spot. I never even wrote that. Despite Atas poor defence last night Id pick him over Tui at 6. Tuis a half just like ANDREW JOHNS said, just not for us. Atas for us, so I dont see a problem.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
He was a half, zero... I doubt he's anything now he's been shifted around so much..

ESL for a couple of years at 6 would see him right.
Yep. Absolutely.

The Warriors need to let him go, theyre hanging on to him. Theyre the reason hes playing. Theyre the ones that told him hes now an outside back. When Tui teased about going to the Broncos last year, did the Warriors make him pay? No, Kearney announced his plans early in the year to make him a wing. Its the Warriors thats keeping him.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Im seeing Luke and Manus name as guys to boot. Because of their experience, Id persist with these guys. Its not like we got a lot of depth in those positions either.

Yeah Tuis got to go but will the Warriors boot him?