What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Long John and Paximadia

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I hope the both go well over there but I have strong doubts. I haven't been following racing for that long, but in the time I have all the Aussie Darley horses that have gone over to Dubai or Europe for Godolphin have pretty much all been failures.

Very strange considering some like Sepoy and Helmet who were dominant over here, then got lapped over there. I don't think its the ability of the animal, I put it down to the new environment, the training and that stupid tapeta surface.

There are a couple of exceptions though...I know Mental won first up in Dubai then pulled up sore in his next start and hasn't been seen since. Also little Soul who races over in Europe has been pretty consistent and he was no star over here.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Yeah true,these Aussie horses generally don't seem to fire for Goldolphin apart from the few you mentioned,even Exceed and Excel ran the worst race of his career for Godolphin

hineyrulz

Post Whore
To be fair most of the time most other horses have run for Plodolthin at the end of long preps, they may get acclimatised and run well. Even though I don't think this seasons 3 yr olds are a top bunch.

Last edited:

Horrie Is God

First Grade
Old Elvis won there, but Vasil the blind man basher had him..

Sunline should've won too..Childs went waaaay too early on her..

The Sheik has better results when he doesn't use those Arab trainers..

New Approach & Dawn Approach are probably the better 2 they've had & Sureed didn't train them..

Bernadini was another good one they didn't get a chance to ruin..

WaznTheGreat

Referee
I would love to know what happened to Mental,haven't heard anything about him at all since he flopped in the Golden Shaheen

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Complicate and Bello are running on the same night as Long John and Paximadia in a Group 3 sprint race

Horrie Is God

First Grade
Mental was scratched from Pommy sprints a couple of times due to injury..

Hope we haven't seen the last of him..

Lemon Squash

First Grade
If mental had of stayed in Aus I thinked he would of snagged a few grp1s by now. Was just starting to hit his straps when they shipped him off

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Travelled like the winner a long way out and just put them away around the bend. Will follow his progress pretty closely.

Horrie Is God

First Grade
It's just a matter of whether he is just a miler, or if he can get a strong 10 furlongs..

The Queen Anne looks a good race for him i reckon..

But if he gets the 10, then they'll go for the So You Think route..

Just glad that Pom has got him, not Rubbish Bin Suroor..

WaznTheGreat

Referee
It's just a matter of whether he is just a miler, or if he can get a strong 10 furlongs..

The Queen Anne looks a good race for him i reckon..

But if he gets the 10, then they'll go for the So You Think route..

Just glad that Pom has got him, not Rubbish Bin Suroor..

I wouldn't mind seeing them take him to America to try the dirt/synthetic/whatever the F its called over there,winning a group one over there would be kool

WaznTheGreat

Referee
The horse that came 2nd to Long John in the Caulfield Guineas(Divine Calling) will race the rest of his career in Hong Kong,they will probably rename him Super happy cat fat choy helene mega star

Lemon Squash

First Grade
The horse that came 2nd to Long John in the Caulfield Guineas(Divine Calling) will race the rest of his career in Hong Kong,they will probably rename him Super happy cat fat choy helene mega star

let me amend that.... Super happy cat fat choy helene mega star supreme genuine sichuan fairy king prawn champion