What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Long View Shot

Erhan

Juniors
We've been told of multiple camera angles, but up until now we had only seen close ups, the default view & side view. The pic below has a high shot of the game, perhaps the view most people will use, especially when an extended view is required for cross field kicks etc. I always use the tower cam for Fifa soccer and loved the way Et's Rugby had a birds eye view.

theshortkickoff.JPG

countryattack.JPG

What's everyone elses views on these pics ?

i think the sideline view looks best. Although i would have thought the camera stays on the 50 and looks up & down field (like tv games)- but that origin at WIN pic suggests otherwise.

Goleel

Juniors
I'm not sure if that shot is of the high view, it looks as though its following the kickoff, not to say there isnt a high view like that, or indeed that I'm right about it being a kickoff view, just raising the possibility.

Paullyboy

Coach
I like that high up shot, but it does mean player detail is wasted so i might try being a little closer

TripleM

Juniors
In the gameplay vid we got from armageddon, I think the camera is usually lower but just went high for kicks and stuff so you can see chasers. Not sure if there is an option for always high/always low.

Mario

Juniors
TripleM said:
In the gameplay vid we got from armageddon, I think the camera is usually lower but just went high for kicks and stuff so you can see chasers. Not sure if there is an option for always high/always low.

Yes, there is.

Erhan

Juniors
A good point about player detail being wasted on the high view. Personally though, they could all look like ARL 96 Characters for all I care but as long as the gameplay is spot on, then thats the most important thing. With this type of view you can really play the game the way you want to. You have all your options open, you can spread it out wide, kick it, do whatever you want without having that "gee, I wonder whats left to the screen" feeling. You got that with the demo and didnt have total control of your players. Obviously the slow response of the pass key did have a factor aswell as other things but I though the Camera angle lacked depth overall. Anyway..

Mario, if I can ask a question.. With the behind the player view, the outlines will be angled inwards to depict a 3d-likeness, so if I pass the ball to the winger and press the up key, will it run in line with the sideline or will it edge towards the sideline since it is not straight ? I ask this because ET's Rugby's sidelines were straight so there were no probs as it was 2D. With ARL 96 there was the side view but if you pressed left or right you would run on a slight angle which was kinda confusing. How have you guys addressed this ?

Cheers

Munky

Coach
ARL had an isometric view. Common in all sports games at the time. I reckon the best camera view will be a more dynamic version of the Rugby 2001 camera. ie. it is placed behind play and zooms in and out at just the right times.

Goleel

Juniors
The demo camera was tough to use because it seemed to stuff around the action on field, too, like, throwing passes from dummy half was tougher when the camera was screwed around when play was near the sidelines. I'd rather have the static view that just shifts on a line across field when you move to the sides, or perhaps zooming out a bit. It'll come down to personal preference I guess, which camera you want, I'll most likely use the default unless I really want to be able to see the entire backline.