What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking Ahead

woodgers

Bench
To Melbourne next Saturday.

You don't wish injuries on anyone however it looks as if Billy Slater is injured and won't play against us. Imagine what he would have done to our defence at the moment.

Also, people love to watch him so I suppose a few people who would have come to the game may not bother now.

I will take any advantage we can get at the moment though.

woodgers said:
To Melbourne next Saturday.

You don't wish injuries on anyone however it looks as if Billy Slater is injured and won't play against us. Imagine what he would have done to our defence at the moment.

Also, people love to watch him so I suppose a few people who would have come to the game may not bother now.

I will take any advantage we can get at the moment though.

The more I watch Billy Slater, the more I see he is no fullback. He's got nothing but exceptional speed. Whilst with the Raiders defence outwide looking like a 32 year old with a comb-over, he may cause problems, just pepper him with high balls and you will come up trumps.

thickos

First Grade
Melbourne looked pretty bloody diabolical last night against a team they historically do well against. Call me a nut-job optimist but a win today and a win next week and we leapfrog them. :clap:

Surely, SURELY if they bring that form to Bruce they will get done. But we are talking about the Raiders here....

aussies1st

Staff member
a postive for next week is it is at home. Our home ground is slowly becoming the fortress it was a few years ago.

SOULS 04

Juniors
yeh 7 and 2 really isnt too bad at all
hopefully we win the rest of our home games :)
leave us in pretty good stead
esp if we beat the rorters

aussies1st

Staff member
Anything is possible even though we are playing so crap that we should be playing for the wooden spoon.

RaidersMalt

Juniors
Earl said:
Still havn't read or heard this rumour about Slater

I was watching Fox sports news yesterday afternoon and they showed an interview with Bellamy after the game on Friday. He basically said that Slater has a groin injury, which he has had for some time. He said Slater hasn't trained for a month and after the game on Friday he was in a lot of pain.

Earl

Coach
Billy Slater has Oestio Pubis (sp?) but its a very strange type of injury healling wise.

He will more than likely require surgery at the end of the year (ruling him out of the tri-series) but should be right to play out the season if he manages it correctly.

Anonymous

Juniors
Billy Slater has Oestio Pubis (sp?) but its a very strange type of injury healling wise.

He will more than likely require surgery at the end of the year (ruling him out of the tri-series) but should be right to play out the season if he manages it correctly

D'oh.

Latest posts