What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Los Useless Warriors vs The cWo

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Incoming....:crazy:
WRIST INJURY RULES FAUMUINA OUT OF VODAFONE WARRIORS FOR REST OF SEASON (bullsh*t)

A broken wrist has denied Vodafone Warriors loose forward Sione Faumuina the chance of making his 100th NRL appearance this season.
The 25-year-old lasted only 26 minutes of last Saturday night’s match against Penrith – his 99th career game – before leaving the field with a wrist complaint.
Today it was confirmed he had fractured the scaphoid in his left wrist, an injury that may require surgery and is expected to keep him sidelined for eight weeks.

It created another selection challenge for head coach Ivan Cleary when he named his side for Saturday night’s clash against Cronulla at Mt Smart Stadium, a game that also doubles as veteran Awen Guttenbeil’s testimonial match.

Apart from Faumuina, the Vodafone Warriors will also be without their most experienced player vice-captain Ruben Wiki. He earned a one-match suspension after taking an early guilty plea today on a grade three careless high tackle charge for his 73rd minute shot on Penrith prop Joel Clinton last Saturday night.
“It’s a shame for Sione and Ruben that they can’t be part of a special occasion. They’ve both played a lot of football with Awen,” said Cleary.
“And it’s really tough for Sione because the match would also have been his 100th but now he’ll have to wait until next season to have a chance to reach the mark.”
The twin absences plus fullback Brent Webb’s expected return from a hip injury forced Cleary to make a number of changes for the Cronulla match.

Wairangi Koopu has been named as a starting second rower with Louis Anderson moving to loose forward while Evarn Tuimavave has been listed as Wiki’s front row replacement. Tuimavave (22) was omitted from the team for the Penrith match, breaking his sequence of appearing in every match this year; he turned out for the Mt Albert Lions in their 28-20 Bartercard Cup win over the Counties Manukau Jetz last night.

Also earning a recall is back rower Epalahame Lauaki. After travelling to Penrith as 18th man, he’s on a five-man bench as he continues his comeback from his four-month lay-off after tearing pectoral muscles against Wests Tigers in March.

Big prop George Tuakura is also part of the bench. Just two months short of his 31st birthday, he’s in line to become one of the NRL’s oldest debutants should he play on Saturday night.
Webb, who has missed the last two matches against Parramatta and Penrith, has again been named in the side and is once more poised to play his 99th game for the club. It means Patrick Ah Van reverts to the right wing while Cooper Vuna drops out of the side.

“We still have to sort some things out but it’s great that Hame is in a position to come back into the side after all the work he has done and George also deserves the chance to have a shot for a spot,” said Cleary.
While losing Faumuina and Wiki was disruptive, Cleary’s demanding a much improved effort from the side.
“The performance against Penrith wasn’t acceptable,” he said.
“We all expect better than that. What we ask for is that the players learn from the experience.
“We’re in a position where we want to do as well as we can every week. That’s what we’ve tried to do all season and nothing changes this week.”

The Vodafone Warriors will face a Cronulla side desperate to stay alive in the fight for a play-offs spot. The Sharks have followed a run of eight wins from nine matches with five straight defeats and are in danger of slipping out for the top eight for the first time in three months.

Saturday night’s match will be Cronulla’s first in Auckland since June 2003, when they were beaten 23-6.
For this occasion, the Vodafone Warriors will wear a special one-off Puma jersey. The design has a strong cultural flavour featuring the work of renowned moko artist Inia Taylor III of Moko Ink in Grey Lynn, Auckland. Taylor designed tattoos for former All Blacks Carlos Spencer and Kees Meeuws while his work was also seen on the make-up side in the movie Once Were Warriors.
Jason Robinson has been named to referee the match.]

VODAFONE WARRIORS V CRONULLA SHARKS

Mt Smart Stadium, Auckland

7.30pm, Saturday, August 5, 2006

Referee: Jason Robinson

VODAFONE WARRIORS TEAM

BRENT WEBB

PATRICK AH VAN

TONY MARTIN

SIMON MANNERING

MANU VATUVEI

JEROME ROPATI

GRANT ROVELLI

EVARN TUIMAVAVE

NATHAN FIEN

STEVE PRICE (C)

AWEN GUTTENBEIL

WAIRANGI KOOPU

LOUIS ANDERSON

GEORGE GATIS

SAM RAPIRA

EPALAHAME LAUAKI

MICHEAL LUCK

GEORGE TUAKURA

ozbash

Referee
Jason Robinson has been named to referee the match.] good grief :roll:

not a bad squad, interesting to see the 'out of form' prop starting at 8.

dunno about you lot but i would have hung vuna or that showboat, mannering, off the back of the scrum.

gutts should have been captain for this game.

us by 18

Iafeta

Referee
lol - the only changes are one injury, one suspension, and one player returning.

36-6, and no Sonny Fai? If he's just not up to it, don't give him a top 25 spot and give top 25 spots to blokes who are up to it. Simple really. Either the Warriors selectors have no nads to make changes or they're very poor talent spotters.

And then, Michael Luck plays probably his effective game of the season with ball in hand, and he's rewarded how? Oh that's right, being demoted to the bench probably to play the shock horror mystery card last minute switcheroo with Awen Guttenbeil that leaves only two people fooled - Luck and Guttenbeil. And Koopu, who played one of his worst games in first game after a succession of very ordinary games gets punished by being promoted to the starting team? Hahaha funny. Then you have Rapira who couldn't have caught a cold, and his reward redemption on the bench. Classic. And then the ripper, Vuna plays another really solid game where he looked our best chance of cracking the line - his reward, thanks for coming, enjoy Bartercard. And the ripper, Jerome Ropati is retained. And then you have Georgie Tuakara who apparently is with the Tigers from next year, he's on an extended bench to make his debut... at age 31. No future apparently, but on the bench ahead of Sonny Fai. Beautiful.

FFS. Is Tony Kemp back in charge of the selection team? Told ya R&S, it's all a comb over cover up the selections these days. No one gets the chop unless you get a fracture or a trip to the judiciary.

I'm actually glad to see Lauaki back!!

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Well what a load of bullsh*t by the selectors.

That is pathetic.

And all you Aucklanders out there....don't turn up on Saturday.Shows them how you feel when they get a crowd of 2000.

ozbash

Referee
NZ Warrior said:
Covell is gonna OWN the Warriors, especially Ropati!!!

oh, now you,re being silly. covell will be too busy looking at himself on the big screen and touching up the hair gel to worry about jro.

i,m happy hes selected, having jerome in an understrength team shores up the defence.:cool:

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Is a "broken wrist" management's way of saying that Sione's too much of a wanker for his own good?

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Captain Charisma said:
Well what a load of bullsh*t by the selectors.

That is pathetic.

And all you Aucklanders out there....don't turn up on Saturday.Shows them how you feel when they get a crowd of 2000.

Pull your head in. It's Guttenbiel's testimonial match, how do you think he'd feel if only 2000 showed? Or is snubbing management more important to you than showing some respect to one of our most loyal clubmen?

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Put Blinky & Vatuvei on the same wing against Luke "God" Covell, and he will still OWN them.

I'm sick of the Warriors' damn selections. I would love to know, what does Jerome Ropati have to do to be dropped??? What sort of nightmarish game does he have to play, for Cleary to say "Right, f**k off". How many balls does he have to drop? How many kicks does he have to f**k up? How many tries does he have to butcher???

Poor Todd "the Ripper" Byrne butchered a few, and we haven't seen him again. Ropati must butcher one every match, he must be responsible for conceding a few every match too.

Adam Dykes is gonna look like Brad Fittler against Ropati, and Dykes isn't even that good.

Suck it, Warriors. See you next season, and you better fire Ropati in the off season!!!

MKEB...

Staff member
SpaceMonkey said:
Is a "broken wrist" management's way of saying that Sione's too much of a wanker for his own good?

Somebody had to say it, and it werent me...

How many kicks in a row was it for Covell?

NZ Warrior

First Grade
mad kiwi elloco bandido said:
Somebody had to say it, and it werent me...

How many kicks in a row was it for Covell?

27 in a row for the Cov, I think. But don't worry, Covell is gonna have plenty of chances to kick goals against this sh*t-house Warriors' line up.

He knows to target Jerome "I got his jersey, I got his jersey, d'uh I let it go" Ropati. Because it's try-time whenever you run into Ropati!!!

sinbad

Juniors
SpaceMonkey said:

What a witty and the most truthful statement ever made !

Seems such a fortunate injury, and so well timed . Oh dear me such crying , wailing and gnashing of teeth, he misses his 100th game, Boo Hoo !!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Just a warning to any man who let's the missus watch the Warriors, this saturday night. Prepare for them to leave you for Luke Covell!!!

And if you're a man, and you catch a glimpse of The Cov, prepare to turn GAY!!!

NZ Warrior

First Grade
COVELL_BIG.jpg

Haha, you're all gay!!!

Oh noes, I'm gay too!!!:crazy: