What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Los Useless Warriors vs The cWo

MKEB...

Staff member
Captain Charisma said:
Also I get the feeling that Rovelli will be the next one putting himself up for Kiwi selection.

you also heard that last comment from Rovelli last night that went along the lines of " I am pretty much half kiwi now".

NZ Warrior

First Grade
I know there are calls for Mannering to move into the back row. And there are even more absurd calls to put Ropati into the vacated centres spot.

But I like Mannering in the centres, he is always damaging, always threatening to bust the line. And he gives Vatuvei good service as well. I say keep him there.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
mad kiwi elloco bandido said:
you also heard that last comment from Rovelli last night that went along the lines of " I am pretty much half kiwi now".

Yeah McIvor asks him that it must be strange pulling on a jersey with Maori and Tongan designs all over it and he said something along the lines of...

"Nah I felt very proud pulling on this jersey....all the kiwis here have welcomed me into their culture and I feel pretty much like a half Kiwi now.."

I know there are calls for Mannering to move into the back row. And there are even more absurd calls to put Ropati into the vacated centres spot.

But I like Mannering in the centres, he is always damaging, always threatening to bust the line. And he gives Vatuvei good service as well. I say keep him there.

That would be good....just for the fact that it might keep Ropati out of the team.

Mannering will play well at either position. He is a very good defensive player and offers strength and size on attack with the abillity to offload being the good Motueka boy that he is....

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Just reading the Aussie rags. Awen Guttenbiel may not play this week coming. He was already in doubt coming into this match. So I doubt that 75 min effort has helped his injury, which is either a calf strain or ankle injury.

And on a somewhat funny note, Adam Dykes was treated for hypothermia after the match. I hope he is better now.

Iafeta

Referee
NZ Warrior said:
Did Ropati even play tonight???

He should dye his hair red, so I know where he is on the field and I can scream "NNNNNNOOOOO!!!!" when the ball goes in his direction.

Last night proved against he isn't a first grade five eighth. No play making. And his kicks, they take 10 minutes to wind up and go 30 metres. One good kick at the end though, granted.

The knock on on tackle one was ordinary. I remember watching Fittler, Daley, Lyons etc., great five eighths, go to the line scheming with the ball in two hands, ala Kimmorley's try last night and many of Stacey's tries. It holds them off because there are options to be taken. He went to the line with a very loose carry in one hand. In wet conditions, only one thing was going to happen, a group of Sharks were going to go for him because they know he won't pass it nor is he in a position to pass it given his grip on the ball, and if they get a good hit around the ball he'll drop it. Very ordinary that.

Iafeta

Referee
kiwi_man said:
i was also happy with lauaki tonight, showed alot of aggression it was great to watch!

Yeah that was good. Two things though, he needs to either make sure he makes the tackle when he charges out of the line, or that the outside backs come up hard with him. Otherwise it'll create massive holes, as it almost did when he missed their fullback. The other thing, fitness was a bit off I thought, but he's been out a long time its to be expected. I like the aggression though overall, it's high time he used his bulk to his advantage.

One really good point for him, the Sharks had a dusty pass on the left hand side, trailing back and getting the ball near the sideline was Epalahame Lauaki. Didn't need to be there, but he was coming back just incase and following the ball. That was good enthusiasm and good hussle and he was rewarded with possession.

Iafeta

Referee
NZ Warrior said:
It is clear that Michael Edgar doesn't know what the f**k he's talking about. Paul Gallen??? Please, what the f**k???

3- Guttenbiel
2- Price
1- Luck

Look for Lauaki to replace Rapira on the bench next week. Rapira made his complimentary knock on for the match and f**k all else.

I thought Sammy was better this week. I dispute that knock on. Drops it, catches it, gets hit in the tackle, ball goes backwards. Where the heck was the knock on?

Sam covered up a couple of half breaks down the middle with good hustling defence.

Iafeta

Referee
NZ Warrior said:
Just reading the Aussie rags. Awen Guttenbiel may not play this week coming. He was already in doubt coming into this match. So I doubt that 75 min effort has helped his injury, which is either a calf strain or ankle injury.

And on a somewhat funny note, Adam Dykes was treated for hypothermia after the match. I hope he is better now.

Yeah I saw.

49 tackles, 220 odd metres from 24 hit ups.....

Webb's going to be a big loss, but Awen is going to be absurdly huge. I've said it a few times, we will not realise how much a void he's going to leave until he's gone. He's one of this club's all time greats and if he doesn't get a Kiwi guernsey at the end of the year, it scuttles the ethos that the team is picked on form. He's been unbelievable this year. Price will get player of the year for the Warriors, but geesh, Awen has done so much hard work behind the scenes.

I think I speak for all fans when I say we'll miss Awen as a Warrior.

sinbad

Juniors
Michael luck is being groomed to step up and take Awens place. Made a good step of it last night. And he now doesn't have to do the nudie run either !

Look for more big yards and work load from Luck as the weeks continue.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
The Warriors hold off a late Luke Covell onslaught to take home the bacon.

Unfortunately we wont see you in the finals, but goodluck for the rest of the year. I hope alot of you Warrior fans get behind the Sharks (Being the brother club we are to you) and support them in the finals race.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
The Warriors hold off a late Luke Covell onslaught to take home the bacon.

Unfortunately we wont see you in the finals, but goodluck for the rest of the year. I hope alot of you Warrior fans get behind the Sharks (Being the brother club we are to you) and support them in the finals race.

Luke stood on the wing and tripped over his own feet to score a try. His missed conversion cost you the game.

You won't see us in the finals because you won't be there.

Go the Raiders!

Iafeta

Referee
Maybe, being brother clubs, we could organise a combined Mad Monday celebration, as both clubs will be finishing their season at the culmination of round 26.

Apart from when Covell scored, did his jumper get dirty last night? Always the sign of a bit of hard yakka when your jersey is unidentifiable in conditions like, the Covster was immaculately presented at 80 minutes. Useless.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Iafeta said:
Apart from when Covell scored, did his jumper get dirty last night? Always the sign of a bit of hard yakka when your jersey is unidentifiable in conditions like, the Covster was immaculately presented at 80 minutes. Useless.

Thats not entirely fair. He got his back dirty when he ended up on his arse in the act of knocking on.

He actually spent more time standing outside the sideline than in the field of play.

L NUTTER

Juniors
good for the team to notch on one for awen
playing with an injury you wouldn't of picked it up
he lead from the front on all counts of the game
great game from him easily his best performance in the last two seasons
as well as close to the top performance from a forward this year

sinbad

Juniors
Covell ? Did he play?

I thought he was a substitute that played for 5 minutes. After all this hype I have seen here was expecting big things. Obviously someone is on drugs !!!
Didn't see anything like it. If anyone was a superman It had to be Awen !

CWO

Covell was 'orrible

MKEB...

Staff member
I was hoping that Ive would get Lui outof their after his penalties in the first half. Then I was hoping he would bring him back on to sort out Gallen. Where is the biff when you need it? Then watching Vatuvei eyeball someone...god that would be freaky-why didnt he biff someone, that woulda been interesting.

Martli

Coach
mad kiwi elloco bandido said:
Then watching Vatuvei eyeball someone...god that would be freaky-why didnt he biff someone, that woulda been interesting.
I don't think i've ever seen Vatuvei lose his temper on the feild eh. Seems to keep it pretty cool and let his aggression out legitimately. I honestly thought Anderson would end up dropping Gallen by the end of the night, I was kinda looking forward to it too hahaha.