What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lost all 3 grades

franklin2323

Immortal
We lost all 3 grades. After great starts too the season both lower grades wont make top 4. Disappointing though coach change mid season are never good.

NYC lost to Dragons, Sharks & Cowboys none will make the 8. NSW Cup lost to Manly & Wentworthville again no semis. So we are losing games we should win.

maple_69

Bench
Lower grades have been hit even harder with a lack of continuity in their sides. Outside of tye huge injury toll they also need to juggle trying to manage player development with quite a bit of yo yoing going on with players.

Realistically the 20s is meaningless except for the first grade players the competition produces. We clearly have 5 or 6 guys who are a good shot at making it so as long as that competition is facilitating their development, its no biggy.

murraymob

Coach
the u20 team is not far of the pace.They just need a few games with the same team together.Windsor is probaly struggling more due to the first grade injurys .With docker and plum due back before semi time Windsor should be a lot better off

Pomoz

Bench
Lower grades have been hit even harder with a lack of continuity in their sides. Outside of tye huge injury toll they also need to juggle trying to manage player development with quite a bit of yo yoing going on with players.

Realistically the 20s is meaningless except for the first grade players the competition produces. We clearly have 5 or 6 guys who are a good shot at making it so as long as that competition is facilitating their development, its no biggy.
I agree, it is not important to win lower grade competitions. It is all about developing first grade players and keeping the remainder of the top 25 match fit in case of injuries.

franklin2323

Immortal
I agree, it is not important to win lower grade competitions. It is all about developing first grade players and keeping the remainder of the top 25 match fit in case of injuries.

Not important but you want players knowing how to win games and not to panic if behind etc. So you want them dominating Juniors ATM neither is doing that. Especially if us Gould said in the gameday program 2022 aim is 20 out 25 played juniors for us.

Pomoz

Bench
Not important but you want players knowing how to win games and not to panic if behind etc. So you want them dominating Juniors ATM neither is doing that. Especially if us Gould said in the gameday program 2022 aim is 20 out 25 played juniors for us.
I agree with your point. I didn't mean it doesn't matter if we are flogged. I think the teams need to be well coached and competitive so the youngsters understand how to win. I just mean't that winning a premiership isn't that important. Ideally, our lower grades should be making the semis's every year because they are strong and competitive.

franklin2323

Immortal
I agree with your point. I didn't mean it doesn't matter if we are flogged. I think the teams need to be well coached and competitive so the youngsters understand how to win. I just mean't that winning a premiership isn't that important. Ideally, our lower grades should be making the semis's every year because they are strong and competitive.

Agreed. Like Ball made the GF but lost a close low scoring game. They will learn from that. NSW Cup on the other hand are scoring 30+ points and losing

Nealo 12

Bench
Losing all three games on game day is not good in anybodys language. Very disapointing, What about the winning culture that needs to be established at the club !

If winning isnt so important why have a competition.

We play to win... not just use the lower competitions as a skills demonstration arena.

maple_69

Bench
Sure we'd all love to have 3 successful grades, however, the reality is 20s is the club's third priority which means that the best players are going to be pulled out of that team in favour of Windsor. It also means we'll often have a lot of inexperienced players at Windsor which makes winning consistently tough.

I dont think the set up they are developing is really great for winning lower grade premierships but is the right move for developing players for the NRL. Id take a top 8 season for the Panthers over u20s and Windsor premierships every day of the week. If we can get all 3 fantastic.

franklin2323

Immortal
Brennan.

Jennings, Foster, Moseley, Cartwright, Smith all back in 20's great to see. It will give the players some form before the off season.

Karnivayne

Juniors
brennan is the coach.I would say Tangata-Toa is fully gone as he was thanked for his contribution

He took them from a defensive team with attacking structure to where we were 3 years ago, he has had players missing due to playing up with Windsor but still had enough talent there to win almost every game.

franklin2323

Immortal
He took them from a defensive team with attacking structure to where we were 3 years ago, he has had players missing due to playing up with Windsor but still had enough talent there to win almost every game.

Even with the players in Windsor Sharks, Dragons and Cowboys were all winable. Add a few strange selections in and probably for the best

Latest posts