What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lote Tuquiri

He has the turning circle of the QE2. Reasonably quick in a straight line and still strong but he's also far too injury prone. He's only just come back for us after 12 months off with a broken arm.

If he was in the form of 2010, he'd be a great signing for any club.

Is this a legit rumour or just wishful thinking from Tigers fans?

My thoughts are that he is far too injury prone to justify the type of price tag he'd have attached to him.

Should have stuck with Union.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Tbh i'd rather we go for Josh Charnley and turn him into a solid winger. He has size in him so hopefully he won't have trouble in defence, and we can finally have a big winger. Would be much cheaper also.

Big Sam

First Grade
Remember in 2007 when we almost signed him for 800k (when the cap was <4m)?

How times have changed...

Galeforce

Bench
Lote
makes sense
Farrell, King , Everingham and Hunt gone
Only Reddy so far

Makes ABSOLUTELY No sense now.

We have Merritt , Goodwin and now Reddy all at experienced end of the career curve , the last thing we need to add to these is another backline player>34 years old, especially one who has been plagued with injuries recently and would want more $$$ then any of the other 3 and is NOT WANTED by the Tigers.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Wouldnt worry about it, I've not seen it mentioned anywhere else but this guy.
Won't say who his sources are, so it looks safe to put this one to bed.

Franko

Juniors
If we were after another one I would be going for Antonio Winterstein or trying to bring Josh Mansour back. Tuquiri would be a waste of money. He would not come cheap even at his age and all his injuries.

I really hope that is a load of crap.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Veteran Tuqiri signed to fill Rabbitohs’ hole

RUGBY LEAGUE: South Sydney has pulled a rabbit out of the hat by signing dual international winger Lote Tuqiri for the 2014 season.

The 34-year-old, who has played nine Tests for the Kangaroos and three for Fiji, spent the past four years with Wests Tigers, managing just 52 games because of complications from a broken arm he sustained midway through the 2012 season.

Tuqiri (pictured) previously played 99 games for the Broncos before switching to union where he spent seven seasons with the NSW Waratahs and earned 67 caps for the Wallabies.

The Rabbitohs lost a host of backs last year, including Justin Hunt, Andrew Everingham, Matt King and Dylan Farrell, with coach Michael Maguire saying Tuqiri would bring some much-needed experience.

"Lote has played the game at the highest level for many years and the experience he will bring to our young backline will be invaluable," Maguire said.

http://www.news-mail.com.au/news/veteran-tuqiri-signed-to-fill-rabbitohs-hole/2146554/

Latest posts