What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lote

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
mid season?

I bet he's getting paid 250k for half a season too.

I hope he goes elsewhere. We've freed up a bit of cap space, one would hope we don't blow it all on a bloke who is potentially only going to play around 12-13 games max.

Our recruitment mob have hit an all-time low if they are considering this rubbish.

BuffaloRules

Coach
I'm sure he is going to be mega motivated running around with WT for a couple of weeks in between French union seasons...

macnaz

Staff member
Its hardly worth having him for just 1 season let alone a half. Love him or hate him im sure the team would get a lift tho by having him in the side. But Id rather spend the money more wisely on better value buys specialy in the front row.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Wouldnt touch him under those conditions. What if WT actually have a good, working backline prior to his arrival 1/2 way thru season? We are pretty well there now with a good backline. Do we then break apart the working playing squad to fit in Taquiri or does he then spend his time as a very highly paid reserve grader or interchange player? Hardly worth the effort and disruption I'd say.

Spend the money on a prop for gods sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

N.C.

Juniors
What if Lote IS the new prop? McDonnell's cooked us up another top shelf signing that almost ticks all the boxes... All we need is for him to have a quick run with Penrith and the deal's as good as done.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
What if Lote IS the new prop? McDonnell's cooked us up another top shelf signing that almost ticks all the boxes... All we need is for him to have a quick run with Penrith and the deal's as good as done.

Now that would be from left field wouldnt it?

StinkyPete

Juniors
heard a rumour Tigers were looking to shed players so they could afford lote. and that beau ryan might follow Gallant up north.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
heard a rumour Tigers were looking to shed players so they could afford lote. and that beau ryan might follow Gallant up north.

Great disruption to a reasonably owrking squad for a show pony- especially a 1/2 season showpony. I'm not against Ryan and reckon he has done enough against the other signings WT have to the books to remain on the wing- if they sign Taquiri I wouldnt blame him if he left either.

I guess they could be waiting to see about injuries before making a decision.. I dont know.........but it would be stupid to decide to sign him up mid year before the year has even started.

nyx

Juniors
I've got no problem with this as long we pay Lote accordingly and not massive overs for an aging winger - and not even a full season at that.
$200,000 max

nomarg

State of Origin might lure Lote Tuqiri back to NRL with Wests Tigers

Wests Tigers coach Tim Sheens suspects the lure of State of Origin might entice Lote Tuqiri to return to rugby league with the Tigers.
Tuqiri, who is yet to announce his plans after being sacked by the Australian Rugby Union, has been in talks with the Tigers over returning to the NRL next season.

Although he has significant offers on the table from overseas rugby union clubs, Sheens is hopeful the Tigers can lure him back to the NRL. Playing Origin again for Queensland - Tuqiri made six appearances for the Maroons before switching codes - shapes as a significant attraction.
"We're in ongoing discussions," Sheens said.
"He's still looking at his options in union. I have spoken to his manager but until he sorts out his rugby, whether he goes fulltime or part-time, there will be no decision."
Sheens leaves for England with the Australia side next week and he doesn't know whether a decision will be reached before then. The Tigers are ready to weigh in with a three-year deal for the 30-year-old, who had his lucrative deal terminated by the ARU in July for breach of contract.
"I would like it to be done today but I don't know where he stands," Sheens said.
"Until he sorts out his rugby league he is on a standby situation. I think he has got the bug that he would like to play State of Origin - have another shot at it again.
"There would be no reason to come back otherwise. I sense that a bit."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,26180594-5018866,00.html

Starting to warm to lote in the backline

TimmyB

Juniors
I'm sad enough to have check Lote's twitter for any hints. I know this is tabloid class stuff buuuuut:

@LoteTuqiri that colour suits you on the back page of the CM!

Lote's response

@Grrrunta ha ha in a darker shade maybe? Loved that Qld league jersey!!

I know how low I've stooped, I'm just desperate for some signing news.

TimmyB

Juniors
As a slightly tigers unrelated point, if Tuqiri managed to get anything close to his previous form, a QLD backline of

Thurston
Lockyer
Tuqiri
Inglis
Hodges
Folau
Slater

Would be close to unquestionably the greatest in SOO history in my opinion.

Queensland Reds look to exploit legal loophole and sign Lote Tuqiri

By Andrew Hamilton
October 07, 2009 Former Wallabies coach John Connolly is behind an audacious plot to exploit a legal loophole and recruit Lote Tuqiri to play for Queensland Reds.
Tuqiri was sacked by the Australian Rugby Union in July and is unable to be registered as a professional rugby player in Australia but can still play as an amateur.
It is understood Connolly's proposal involves Tuqiri signing on for the Reds as an amateur while receiving a salary from a third-party benefactor.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,26175417-23217,00.html

Latest posts