What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lounge Chair team analysis

JetRider

Juniors
Lets get into the spirit of league supporting past times and analyse our performance with sugestions to the coach on how to best play the team and who should be in the team. I welcome your expert opinions on this for as we know, who better to offer advice but those of us who are staunch supporters and consistantly either go to games or always watch them play on fox etc.

Our performance against the dogs was below what we are slowly coming to expect from our team after some very good performances over the past few weeks. It is clear to me that in the tight contest we are lacking in experience and as such would also welcome Wing as a starting player. We could also use some variety in our forwards would consider changes for example Greenfield if playing well.

Sandow could be considered off the bench as someone has mentioned but overall it should be a don't panic situation, the team is playing well in most areas and will get better with experience.

Nickmm

Juniors
i reckon since Greenfield has hit form he should be straight back in and play Wing and I.Luke for 80min. JT has B.Lowe involved in quite a few plays, i would not use him and have Greeny in that role. I havent thought about Sandow on the bench yet but that may change in the next couple of weeks.

Bunnies 08

Juniors
Still massive believer that SUTTON should be lock and WING 5/8....WING to offer some experience to SANDOW a young player in the NRL still learning the ropes and lets face it so is SUTTON as far as the 5/8 role goes...

Don't know why we never go to the left side of the field...Evident last night like other weeks that BEST hardly ever sees the ball and when he does, it's pressure situation with three blokes on top of him...Give him the ball early and a chance to be the star "finisher" we know he is!!!

Bodsy

Juniors
Still massive believer that SUTTON should be lock and WING 5/8....WING to offer some experience to SANDOW a young player in the NRL still learning the ropes and lets face it so is SUTTON as far as the 5/8 role goes...

Don't know why we never go to the left side of the field...Evident last night like other weeks that BEST hardly ever sees the ball and when he does, it's pressure situation with three blokes on top of him...Give him the ball early and a chance to be the star "finisher" we know he is!!!

I think Sutton should be the 5/8, Fa'logo has been great at lock.

Sutton is a great 5/8 deserves to stay.

Yes yes, We are giving him the ball and saying go score a try, he is only human. Needs space.

Bunnies 08

Juniors
I think Sutton should be the 5/8, Fa'logo has been great at lock.

Sutton is a great 5/8 deserves to stay.

Yes yes, We are giving him the ball and saying go score a try, he is only human. Needs space.

Last night, like many others here im sure, we got a higher perspective on the game from level four...It was so obvious that the only time he got the ball was through a second phase play or pressure push pass...Last year he was one of the leading try-scorers...I'm sure he is just as frustrated...Him running through on a decoy would be magical...Gave him space in the charity shield "TRY" gave him space against the roosters, burrowed through and "TRY"....

Might sound stupid but are SANDOW and SUTTON right handed players? they both favour the right and rarely hit the left...If it is, it's through a kick!!!

Appin Rabbit

Juniors
I thought our backrowers were very stereo an did little to dent the opposition,Pettybourne stood up & made ground with every touch.The wet surface did not help our fast & nippy men if Sutton would have had more ball earlier & Wing at 1/2 we would have won not taking anything away from Sandow but the conditions did not suit his game last night!. We need another damaging forward (Anyone heard anything about Crocker)

JetRider

Juniors
Last news on Crocker was that he was likely to win appeal and go to England.

JT has obviously decided that his best team is the current team. On radio tonight Brandy was commenting on the lack of time Assotasi spends on the field, he also felt that Sandow was still learning and Souths would be best served by Wing playing more time.

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
i think our biggest problem is we dont feed our outside men well. we had a few situtations where tulz had space outside his man, but his inside men playing the ball slow killed the chance. we have a lot of potency out wide, and its being wasted. ATM were like the roosters, relying on nothing but kicks for our trys. not cool. we need to get momentum into out halves instead of having them on stop start runs

I think we as fans should stop pannicking after a 2 point loss and have a little faith in the coach and the team. Its fairly obvious that we are still trying to gel as a team and that when this happens we will be fine. The two games we have lost have been night footy games and I think JT just needs to tweak the game plan a little to take this into account. In both of those games we have tried to play expansive day time Footy when the conditions called for us to be a little smarter, take it up the middle and get to our kick. I reckon that game was just about the best the Dogs have played all year and they only beat us by two points. Relax guys, it'll all start to happen pretty soon.

Bodsy

Juniors
I think we as fans should stop pannicking after a 2 point loss and have a little faith in the coach and the team. Its fairly obvious that we are still trying to gel as a team and that when this happens we will be fine. The two games we have lost have been night footy games and I think JT just needs to tweak the game plan a little to take this into account. In both of those games we have tried to play expansive day time Footy when the conditions called for us to be a little smarter, take it up the middle and get to our kick. I reckon that game was just about the best the Dogs have played all year and they only beat us by two points. Relax guys, it'll all start to happen pretty soon.

You don't win the comp in April remember that.