What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LU Ultimate Dynasty League 2016

zombie jesus

Staff member
I've sent PMs to everybody returning to the league link with instructions and an email invite to Rhino to join us.

If you have trouble getting into the league PM me.

If everyone gets in this week we will kick the draft off next Monday at 9am, that's February 8.

We will start with an 8 hour time limit per pick but this will be reduced as the draft goes on if need be.

The draft clock will pause between 10pm and 8am each day.

You need to nominate 5 keepers.

If you do not nominate your keepers I will assign the top 5 performing players from last season as your chosen 5.

To see your squad and nominate keepers you need to click on the link on the league homepage inside the Draft Countdown box.

abpanther

Staff member
can someone elaborate on the "keepers"?

Firstly welcome aboard mate, I think you'll really enjoy this league

Basically, we draft a full squad of 25 each year. Each offseason you are permitted to keep 5 players (keepers) for next season. The idea is you keep your 5 best players as your core for next season.

Therefore, as it is a 10 team league, essentially the top 50 players will not be available in the offseason draft as they will be set as keepers.

Does that make sense?

zombie jesus

Staff member
can someone elaborate on the "keepers"?

Edit: AB explained it better above.

It makes it more interesting for trades, someone like Paul Gallen loses a lot of his value as he could only have 1 year left, makes you think long term rather than just this year.

Last edited:

zombie jesus

Staff member
There's a new feature this year relating to emergency players.

We can set a threshold for players and their minimum game time.

So, say you have Shaun Johnson as your half and Adam Reynolds as your emergency.

If Johnson does is knee early and misses X% of the game, he can be replaced by Reynolds even though Johnson started the game.

Under last year's rules you'd be stuck with Johnson and his single digit score, under this new rule we can set that X% amount (between 5 and 50) to make it a bit easier to deal with early game injuries.

Anybody interested in that?

I was thinking of setting it at 20-25%, if we went to that it would mean any player who doesn't play 20 minutes will be automatically replaced by the named emergency (assuming he played more than 25% himself).

abpanther

Staff member
There's a new feature this year relating to emergency players.

We can set a threshold for players and their minimum game time.

So, say you have Shaun Johnson as your half and Adam Reynolds as your emergency.

If Johnson does is knee early and misses X% of the game, he can be replaced by Reynolds even though Johnson started the game.

Under last year's rules you'd be stuck with Johnson and his single digit score, under this new rule we can set that X% amount (between 5 and 50) to make it a bit easier to deal with early game injuries.

Anybody interested in that?

I was thinking of setting it at 20-25%, if we went to that it would mean any player who doesn't play 20 minutes will be automatically replaced by the named emergency (assuming he played more than 25% himself).

Yeah I think that's a good option mate, 25% sounds about right

zombie jesus

Staff member
Hey ZJ, just checking are we ok with trading players now for draft picks?

Yeah should be ok. As long as we keep track of it here I should be able to change rosters/draft picks later on I think. I'll know for sure once more people register because at the moment I'm locked out of those settings.

abpanther

Staff member
Ok well for anyone looking for a quality keeper, I have two great hookers (Jake Friend and Jake Granville) and I only really want to keep one.

If you're keen let me know and I'd be happy to trade one for a high draft pick

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
So do i need to know the previous years players keepers and pick 5 out of what is left?

abpanther

Staff member
So do i need to know the previous years players keepers and pick 5 out of what is left?

Yeah you will need to look at you roster from last year and pick 5, ZJ should be able to sort this out for you when you log in

Franko

Juniors
Yeah you will need to look at you roster from last year and pick 5, ZJ should be able to sort this out for you when you log in

What if I had someone like Josh Maguire but replaced him when got injured for the year? Can I pick any 5 players that I had during the year or does it have to be from your last squad?

abpanther

Staff member
What if I had someone like Josh Maguire but replaced him when got injured for the year? Can I pick any 5 players that I had during the year or does it have to be from your last squad?

Yeah if you dropped him then he's gone, it's based on your roster at the end of last season.

That's why if you have a gun and he does an ACL you may still choose to stash him on your roster so you can lock him in as a keeper for next season.

I did that with Jarrod Mullen a few seasons ago and it worked out splendidly :x

Franko

Juniors
Yeah if you dropped him then he's gone, it's based on your roster at the end of last season.

That's why if you have a gun and he does an ACL you may still choose to stash him on your roster so you can lock him in as a keeper for next season.

I did that with Jarrod Mullen a few seasons ago and it worked out splendidly :x

Ha ha I was going to say gee that was a good move.

Where can I see my squad from last year?