What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luai

I think Parra get the spoon, followed by Dogs. Dragons will start well but in the end fall away due to depth. They finish 10th last year with their close losses being turned around. Not sure the roster is better unless he gets Lomax firing and Bird back to 2016 form
Toss up really Dogs, Eels or Raiders.

soc123_au

Staff member
I think Parra get the spoon, followed by Dogs. Dragons will start well but in the end fall away due to depth. They finish 10th last year with their close losses being turned around. Not sure the roster is better unless he gets Lomax firing and Bird back to 2016 form
I dont think Parra make the 8, but I don't have them anywhere near the spoon. Their pack is too strong and Moses, Gutho & Brown have enough to beat the shit teams. Plus their mandatory 4 points a year off us.

Das Hassler

Bench
I'd forgotten about Morris, I reckon he could end up being a pretty decent coach. If Benji doesn't let his ego control his decisions things could work out pretty well.

I think ( leastways hoping) that a combination of what been instilled in him during his stints with Bennet and the much maligned Sheens as well as having Richo's grounding should give him every chance to climb the learning curve pretty quickly...I'm actually very glad Luai didn't come early...I think it would've been a year of his time with us somewhat wasted with so much happening plus it would have soured his exit from the Panthers for no good reason. This way he gets the right send-off and he comes to us respected and with a clear head and positivity

Iamback

Coach
I dont think Parra make the 8, but I don't have them anywhere near the spoon. Their pack is too strong and Moses, Gutho & Brown have enough to beat the shit teams. Plus their mandatory 4 points a year off us.

Their backs and edges in total look poor. Not sure there are enough teams bad enough to let Moses downhill to enough wins

Iamback

Coach
I think ( leastways hoping) that a combination of what been instilled in him during his stints with Bennet and the much maligned Sheens as well as having Richo's grounding should give him every chance to climb the learning curve pretty quickly...I'm actually very glad Luai didn't come early...I think it would've been a year of his time with us somewhat wasted with so much happening plus it would have soured his exit from the Panthers for no good reason. This way he gets the right send-off and he comes to us respected and with a clear head and positivity

Rookie coaches usually want to be best mates with the whole squad. Particularly Benji's status at club I see as making too soft. Time will tell

Das Hassler

Bench
Rookie coaches usually want to be best mates with the whole squad. Particularly Benji's status at club I see as making too soft. Time will tell

That's the danger always...Fittler as a just retired ( player) coach at the chooks being one example...i really get the feeling he'll be right with that part

murraymob

Coach
F
That's the danger always...Fittler as a just retired ( player) coach at the chooks being one example...i really get the feeling he'll be right with that part
i think benji is way different to the space cadet..Fittler was hand feed from 17 years old from football to coaching to media .Benji is more of a thinker and has done a big clean out getting the right people around him

soc123_au

Staff member
Probably used the old "Chocolate Wheel" method.
Nah, just the media love fest. The guy had by all accounts a pretty tough upbringing with some pretty bad role models, he comes across as really decent and caring person, he speaks well so he is pretty easy to like. Problem is the media then talk up as a superstar player, when he is a bit above average at best.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Nah, just the media love fest. The guy had by all accounts a pretty tough upbringing with some pretty bad role models, he comes across as really decent and caring person, he speaks well so he is pretty easy to like. Problem is the media then talk up as a superstar player, when he is a bit above average at best.
He's a good Umina boy. I know a few guys who know him and say he's a champion bloke.

soc123_au

Staff member
He's a good Umina boy. I know a few guys who know him and say he's a champion bloke.
He does seem like a genuine good bloke, he is a player that is actually a good role model for kids to aspire to be like.

Very good footy player too, just not to the extent that he is talked up or at the level to get handed rep jerseys.

Fangs

Coach
Those lists are designed to generate discussion of course but I doubt many judges have Hynes as 3rd best half.

I'll back him to keep improving though. 82 first grade games, about half of them starting in the 7. Only 27 years old as well. I'd hope to see an improved defensive player and a cooler head when the team is on the backfoot. He is capable.

chrisD

Coach
I'll take DCE at 3. I like Hunt more but he's prone to huge f**ks ups. I'll have Munster at 5th, he just doesn't care as much as the 4 I'd put in front of him.

Every chance Hynes will come good on something other than a flat track, but like with Burton it's hard for me to love a player who looks uncomfortable making contact, especially when they're big dudes.

betcats

Referee
Where was Johsnon ranked? He had a great year. Hynes at 3 I dont agree with but he was incredibly good for the first 3rd of the season and pretty good for the rest.

Latest posts