What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luc Lacoste, new FFR XIII chairman

astreizix

Juniors
https://www.ffr13.fr/actualite-a-la-une/luc-lacoste-elu-president/

https://treizemondial.fr/luc-lacost...t-de-la-federation-francaise-de-rugby-a-xiii/

Mr. Lacoste is elected the sixteenth and new president of the FFR XIII.

He replaces for the next 4 years Marc Palanques.
He is a businessman and has a union code backround.

I wish him a lot of courage, I hope he will succeed in pulling the french "Rugby à XIII" out of the downward spiral in which it is,
I hope for a new era for our sport in France and abroad, but the work will be very hard in the face of the obstacles that will be raised in front of him internally as well as from outside...

adamkungl

Immortal
A lot of things for the new boss to take on.

In no particular order...

- Building stronger pathways from domestic youth and competitions to Catalans and Toulouse, and even other SL clubs and NRL clubs

- Professionalise the national team setup, get the pro clubs and players committed to supporting it, and get them playing a good annual calendar in front of home crowds. Lock in an annual home game v England.

- TV Exposure and city expansion for Elite One. There needs to be a plan to push Lyon, Paris, and Toulon into E1.
Marseilles and Montpellier also rising up the ranks. More clubs in Paris and Ile-de-France region.
Developing clubs in other regions around the country, eg. Nantes, Nice, Strasbourg, Bordeaux, Lille, Rennes are all significant cities with zero or almost-zero RL XIII.

- Assist development of the Pacifique XIII project.

- Consider another entry into the English leagues - Avignon are strong in Elite One and a city/region of some significance. Or more ambitious, Lyon?

Last edited:

yakstorm

First Grade
Don't disagree with what he is saying. You can't expect the media to get excited about Elite One as it currently is (and French RL in general), and the Elite One needs to gain a presence in bigger cities.

I'll be interested in understanding the plan to achieve both. The previous admin had a similar thought process, but the 'magic' concept was implemented in a lazy manner and they didn't really make any progress in the big city quest.

adamkungl

Immortal
Don't disagree with what he is saying. You can't expect the media to get excited about Elite One as it currently is (and French RL in general), and the Elite One needs to gain a presence in bigger cities.

I'll be interested in understanding the plan to achieve both. The previous admin had a similar thought process, but the 'magic' concept was implemented in a lazy manner and they didn't really make any progress in the big city quest.

A relevant question - is France as tied to the idea of P&R as England is? I'm hoping they can push teams up without too much blowback.

Lyon and Toulon are already in E2. They could be fast-tracked into an expanded Elite One.
Paris is a longer path obviously given their top club sits in the 4th division, but there must be a plan and a timeline. Or even go fishing for an investor to form a new top-tier Paris club.

Should also consider entering Avignon into the English system

Last edited:

yakstorm

First Grade
A relevant question - is France as tied to the idea of P&R as England is? I'm hoping they can push teams up without too much blowback.

Lyon and Toulon are already in E2. They could be fast-tracked into an expanded Elite One.
Paris is a longer path obviously given their top club sits in the 4th division, but there must be a plan and a timeline. Or even go fishing for an investor to form a new top-tier Paris club.

Should also consider entering Avignon into the English system

France does not currently have automatic promotion / relegation.

Toulouse is a good example of this, France knows how important it is having them in Elite One and thus haven't relegated them despite finishing last multiple times in recent years.

Teams like Baho and VARL also haven't been automatically promoted despite finishing top.

astreizix

Juniors
President of the FFR 13 resigne

After a new health accident, which required a long period of convalescence, the President of the FFR 13 resigned from his functions.
"Being President of a Federation requires all your energy and a lot of time dedicated to your sport. No longer able to fully fulfill this role, at least as I understand it, and in front of my health becoming very fragile, after making sure that the current Secretary General of the Federation was able to take the helm of the boat and manage the situation, I finally listened to my body and medicine, and made the choice to preserve the essential: health.
I will have spent two and a half intense and exciting years within the federation.
I thank the entire Management Committee and the clubs, leagues and committees that have always supported me for their trust. I would also like to thank all the Federation's collaborators and partners for their committed work.
I now leave it to the Secretary General, Dominique Baloup, a man of great capacity for work, a lifelong thirteenth and a man of convictions, to carry out the necessary consultations. It has, as provided for by the statutes, 3 months to organize things, then continue and strengthen the reforms undertaken.
I will never forget the wonderful moments that punctuated these 2 years and a half.
I am deeply sorry for this difficult moment on a personal level, but one that is necessary and obliges me."