What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luciano Leilua

Frank Facer

First Grade
I think he'd be wasted at prop. I don't think Tyson should be moved, just that he can still improve, which for a bloke as good as Tyson, would be a scary proposition for opposing teams.
Frizell played prop for us earlier in his career, I thought he was our best forward when he was playing there, in a much smaller and inferior pack. He is a tough as nails. He runs straight and hard and he tackles hard. He had a very high work rate when playing prop for us and could also play big minutes in the middle. He played lock for NSW 2 years ago, which is in the middle and was one of our best forwards. When Frizell is in the middle, he doesn't have to wait for the game to come to him.

SBD82

Coach
Frizell played prop for us earlier in his career, I thought he was our best forward when he was playing there, in a much smaller and inferior pack. He is a tough as nails. He runs straight and hard and he tackles hard. He had a very high work rate when playing prop for us and could also play big minutes in the middle. He played lock for NSW 2 years ago, which is in the middle and was one of our best forwards. When Frizell is in the middle, he doesn't have to wait for the game to come to him.
I remember him playing prop, but it was to fill a hole. I think frizz is at his most effective using his speed, not as a battering ram.

I think frizz will end up there, but at the moment his unique assets are much harder to replace on the edge than what he could bring to the middle.

Gareth67

First Grade
Well Napa is back so expect a forehead in the jaw to someone.
JWH is still there, so that's an elbow to someone's jaw.

How they continue to get away with it has me baffled :confused: They come across as such a innocent pair - the type that butter would not melt in their mouths !

Gareth67

First Grade
Would love to see Sims, Vaughan and Frizell smash the Roosters forwards legitimately.

Napa and JWH are scum.

Burgess brothers are no better.

They are deliberately using the point of the shoulder to attack the head of opposing players.

Saints Forever , Napa JWH and Burgess have undoubtedly seen plenty of gutters in their time and their cheap shots need to be reined in , as their antics are truly tiresome in the respect that they continue to do them at will and also walk away scot-free . Their victims must be truly frustrated as they realize that to respond they will surely get their marching orders.

Unfortunately it is always the same bully boys and that is basically what they are , they are fully aware that there is some leniency given to their sort and they are a protected species. Such a shame that the biff has been outlawed , as I am sure that if they ever cop a bit of their own treatment they would be the first to scream for help .

Last edited:
Saints Forever , Napa JWH and Burgess have undoubtedly seen plenty of gutters in their time and their cheap shots need to be reined in , as their antics are truly tiresome in the respect that they continue to do them at will and also walk away scot-free . Their victims must be truly frustrated as they realize that to respond they will surely get their marching orders.

Unfortunately it is always the same bully boys and that is basically what they are , they are fully aware that there is some leniency given to their sort and they are a protected species. Such a shame that the biff has been outlawed , as I am sure that if they ever cop a bit of their own treatment they would be the first to scream for help .
If that Burgess hit on Farah wasn’t a send off offence I’m not here.
He damn near took his head.
If Souths do make it to the grand final expect Burgess to take someone out in the first 10.

We won’t get onto the decision to keep Farah out there only to get knocked out again.

Gareth67

First Grade
If that Burgess hit on Farah wasn’t a send off offence I’m not here.
He damn near took his head.
If Souths do make it to the grand final expect Burgess to take someone out in the first 10.

We won’t get onto the decision to keep Farah out there only to get knocked out again.

Oh pleeeeease - don’t get me started ! Where to begin ? Yes, he should had undoubtedly been sent from the field and missed the rest of the season - too harsh a penalty ? No bluudy way , how many times has he done the exact same thing this season , or for that matter since he came to the NRL ?

The blokes a back lane thug short and simple therefore the penalty should be long and simple , for whatever penalty the judiciary hands him , an extra 2 weeks is added to that . But he will not be fronting the judiciary as they have already ( in the space of 24 hours ) decided that he has no case to answer .

Well I wonder if the head lopper that Farrah received didn’t really hurt him one little bit - the poor sod was just acting , perhaps that is why Burgess called him a cat ?

Mate if I had my way I would deport the bloke to Kiwi land , they really know how to take care of cheap mugs like him .

Last edited:

Dragons 09

Juniors
Luciano has really impressed me over the last few weeks.

He is running much harder into the line and is letting his ball playing skills flow with some deft passes.

His defence is becoming more solid and he played long minutes tonight which indicates his fitness is improving.

He still has some work to do on the errors in his game but that will come with experience.

I think he adds real x-factor into our pack and will be a key asset in the years to come.

I for one am glad he stuck with the saints and mary is returning the faith by giving him a decent crack.

Keep working hard big fella...

Well said mate, i thought that was the best i have seen Luc play.

Life's Good

Coach
I thought he showed more urgency in defence which was my biggest gripe from his earlier efforts. That speaks to a good attitude & realising he can’t waste the few opportunities he has gotten. He can definitely ball play which will create doubt in the defence as long as he picks the moments. Definitely an impact bench player at this stage.

Last edited:

jak

Bench
I thought he showed more urgency in defence which was my biggest gripe from his earlier efforts. That’s speaks to a good attitude & realising he can’t waste the few opportunities he has gotten. He can definitely ball play which will create doubt in the defence as long as he picks the moments. Definitely an impact bench player at this stage.
EXACTLY

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Oh pleeeeease - don’t get me started ! Where to begin ? Yes, he should had undoubtedly been sent from the field and missed the rest of the season - too harsh a penalty ? No bluudy way , how many times has he done the exact same thing this season , or for that matter since he came to the NRL ?

The blokes a back lane thug short and simple therefore the penalty should be long and simple , for whatever penalty the judiciary hands him , an extra 2 weeks is added to that . But he will not be fronting the judiciary as they have already ( in the space of 24 hours ) decided that he has no case to answer .

Well I wonder if the head lopper that Farrah received didn’t really hurt him one little bit - the poor sod was just acting , perhaps that is why Burgess called him a cat ?

Mate if I had my way I would deport the bloke to Kiwi land , they really know how to take care of cheap mugs like him .

So Gareth do you like samy Burgess or not.
Lol

Gareth67

First Grade
So Gareth do you like samy Burgess or not.
Lol

To be honest Sammy I doubt very much if I would be chasing him for an autograph. He resorts to the violence too much for my liking. I don’t mind 2 players having a go at each other if only it’s fists involved , but ‘ elbow ‘ Sam doesn’t play that way it is always something cowardly and to make matters worse he then opens that Luna Park mouth of his to plea his innocence.

My Christmas wish for this season ( besides seeing Mary holding the premiership Trophy) is to see the Broncos Sam Thiaday ( in his final match of his career) drop the ‘ elbow ‘ merchant with a good old fashion uppercut . The bloke is a good footballer but could be so much better if only he would take those cheap shots out of his game .

Last edited:

JDHD

Juniors
I previously said that I didn’t rate Luch because his defence was lazy and he kept looking for the miracle pass. His defence was a massive improvement on his previous outings and I saw at least three plays where he went to offload, realised it wasn’t on and took the tackle. Credit where it’s due, he improved massively in just a week and I’d be happy to see him on the bench from now on.

slippery5

Juniors
I previously said that I didn’t rate Luch because his defence was lazy and he kept looking for the miracle pass. His defence was a massive improvement on his previous outings and I saw at least three plays where he went to offload, realised it wasn’t on and took the tackle. Credit where it’s due, he improved massively in just a week and I’d be happy to see him on the bench from now on.
And given more game time than Latimore

possm

Coach
Well Napa is back so expect a forehead in the jaw to someone.
JWH is still there, so that's an elbow to someone's jaw.
Leilua is a better secondrow forward than Lawrie is a prop. So moving Frizell to prop gives us that 4th prop we need in the rotation and allows Leilua/Host to take their place in first grade.Latimore to fill is rightful role as backup prop along with Allgood, Lawrie and Kerr in ISP. Under this structure our forward pack looks a much stronger outfit.

kit66

Bench
2 years from now he'll be one of the very best edge forwards in the game, tearing teams apart out wide with size, footwork and pure skill. He'll probably be pushed into the middle eventually but hopefully we'll play him off the bench as a 2nd rower for the foreseable future. I've been waiting 2 years to see him in the 17 permanently, I think he'll exceed all expectations.