What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luciano Leilua

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Firstly, welcome to the forum Big Rig. Good to have you.

On Luch, the kid has endless potential. Towards the back-end of the season he was finally starting to hit the line hard and putting in that leg drive, rather than stopping and shimmying before the line which he was guilty of at the start of his career. He was becoming much more reliable, rather than a risk. You could see Mary building that trust in him and giving him those longer minutes, even in tight games.

If he keeps on this trajectory, he could be absolutely anything. I just hope he builds more muscle onto his body and becomes a f**king tank. Have a good feeling he's going to be huge for us off the bench in 2019.

BLM01

First Grade
I agree with all above posts and the kids got ability but I think OKB was closer to the mark and I support the coaching staff on his slowish progression thus far into a regular 1st grader (shock horror), as I too saw that tendency to switch off and play loose when he was given time.as he did in Under 20's or ISP.
Having said that his last few games were good but he still needs to get in a bit better shape which I believe has held him back as he has the skill set to be as good as any back rower. He certainly is a work in progress and noticed the difference betwen 17 & 18. He could be anything..it is up to him now and his discipline in pre season and more progression this year because it is his spot to lose.

possm

Coach
If we end up with a prop rotation problem, I'd like to see Leilua get the 11 jumper with T Sims in 12 and Frizell to prop.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
I agree with all above posts and the kids got ability but I think OKB was closer to the mark and I support the coaching staff on his slowish progression thus far into a regular 1st grader (shock horror), as I too saw that tendency to switch off and play loose when he was given time.as he did in Under 20's or ISP.
Having said that his last few games were good but he still needs to get in a bit better shape which I believe has held him back as he has the skill set to be as good as any back rower. He certainly is a work in progress and noticed the difference betwen 17 & 18. He could be anything..it is up to him now and his discipline in pre season and more progression this year because it is his spot to lose.
between seasons he lost a stack of weight surely you dont want him to resemble a bean pole ..........im sure hes very close to his proper weight now ....

Bench
He showed a big improvement this season and has the potential to be even better after next season.
The club has brought him along nicely to where he is now.

BLM01

First Grade
between seasons he lost a stack of weight surely you dont want him to resemble a bean pole ..........im sure hes very close to his proper weight now ....
I said I noted difference between 17 & 18 and said nothing about losing weight, needs better body shape and fitness thats all, he clearly has not got that yet cause still cant play longish minutes, That is what I am hoping this off season will sharpen that part of his game..thats all

Belta

Juniors
Lawrie and Luc need to work together. One needs to distract Vaughan while the other breaks into Vaughan’s locker steals his weight program. Once you have it quickly photocopy it and put it back in his locker. Don’t get caught though. You don’t want to get the hulk angry.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Lawrie and Luc need to work together. One needs to distract Vaughan while the other breaks into Vaughan’s locker steals his weight program. Once you have it quickly photocopy it and put it back in his locker. Don’t get caught though. You don’t want to get the hulk angry.

Love it. But to take this literally for a moment, I know Vaughany and Blocker are close. Saw on Zac's instagram today that they were out playing golf together.

So it's 100% a thing that Blake can learn that commitment to building his body like Paul has.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I said I noted difference between 17 & 18 and said nothing about losing weight, needs better body shape and fitness thats all, he clearly has not got that yet cause still cant play longish minutes, That is what I am hoping this off season will sharpen that part of his game..thats all
I think Lucky's body shape is better suited to the middle. If I was coach, I would be bringing him off the bench to play lock and replace Debelin 10 to 15 minutes before halftime. I think he would be a much better option to bring on than Mann to play lock.

He does have the skill set for an edge backrower.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
the end of last season won player of the year surely you dont win those awards if your not fit.....

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Showed what he is capable of at the end of 2018 season with some very good performances.

However, his biggest issue lies in defense, especially when fatigue is setting in, where he tends to plant both feet.

For the conceivable future he will be a bench impact player only, wirh the occasional full game during reps.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
I think you will find Tariq Sims won that
at the end of the 2017 season luciano won the award for isp that season he lost a stack of weight maybe something like 8 to 10 kgs i wasnt talking about first grade champ

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
at the end of the 2017 season luciano won the award for isp that season he lost a stack of weight maybe something like 8 to 10 kgs i wasnt talking about first grade champ
Well our conversation was centred around him and adapting to 1st grade fitness etc, but thanks for the history lesson.