What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Bailey

POPEYE

Coach
Deserves a thread more than I derserve sleep. Never a plodder, never a grub, never a whinger, by all reports a great bloke . . . most of his career a starting NRL front rower

Pierced Soul

First Grade
dont know why he never got the wraps he deserved. its almost like cos carl webb got him a few times in origin people just remember that. i was always amazed at how much work he'd do, especially in covering the front line defence. a great career for the Bull

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
A rare breed - a bull who didn't produce bullshit.

Fantastic player.

May I suggest a permanent retirement thread - The Retirement Castle.

Hutty1986

Immortal
dont know why he never got the wraps he deserved. its almost like cos carl webb got him a few times in origin people just remember that. i was always amazed at how much work he'd do, especially in covering the front line defence. a great career for the Bull

That grubby piece of sh*t Webb never "got" Bull in Origin at all. Hit him in a tackle and acted like a big tough enforcer coming off the bench when Bails had been out there for 20 minutes. Not even fit to shine Bailey's boots.

Champion player, still can't believe we let him go & kept that oxygen thief Ryles. Still remember his great try in the Brisbane semi back in 06 I think it was. Deserved a premiership.

Deacon

First Grade
That grubby piece of sh*t Webb never "got" Bull in Origin at all. Hit him in a tackle and acted like a big tough enforcer coming off the bench when Bails had been out there for 20 minutes. Not even fit to shine Bailey's boots.

Champion player, still can't believe we let him go & kept that oxygen thief Ryles. Still remember his great try in the Brisbane semi back in 06 I think it was. Deserved a premiership.

Spot on, no one seems to remember Bull had been had been busting his arse for a solid period before a fresh Carl Webb came on.

One of my favs, great bloke great career

Merdy33

Juniors
Don't worry boys (or girls). As a non Dragon supporter I don't even remember the incident with Webb you're talking about. I only remember what a fine career Bailey had, and that Carl Webb was, well, Carl Webb.

Charlie124

First Grade
So many rustled jimmies...

See ya Luke, thanks for the memory.
025628-carl-webb.jpg

Radical Rat

Juniors

This.

It is on par with the myth that Papali "got" Gallen when all he did was shoulder charge him in the back when Gallen wasn't looking.

Still Nutty

Juniors
YEp - Bull Bailey was definitely one of the class acts in League...

Quality footballer and quality human being. It is a shame he didn't end up with a premiership ring, he certainly deserved one...although 2003 and 2005 State of Origin series wins and multiple Australian rep games attest to the quality of his career.

Champions always stand out

God-King Dean

Immortal
Outstanding player.

In the first 2 games of SOO '03, he had one of the most dominant prop performances I've ever seen. Unstoppable.

I'll miss his attempts to go for a quick tap every single time his team gets a penalty -only to get called back every single time lol.

H.H

Juniors
Yep, great career.

My favorite memory though is collecting on his first ever try. 2002 I think it was and there was talk about him never having crossed the stripe. He'd come close a couple of times so I backed at close to 60/1 I think it was.

Only had $5 on it but it was a great pay.

axl rose

Bench
dont know why he never got the wraps he deserved. its almost like cos carl webb got him a few times in origin people just remember that.

Good call. Pretty obvious which player you would want in your team between those two.

They showed some footage once on the Sunday Roast of Luke Bailey playing on the wing in reserves as a 19 year old. Use to have it on youtube but Gallop pulled in down. Anyway great career, good luck to him.