What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Brooks

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
Honestly the momentum killer for me was the red carpet we laid out for Cody Walker to set up Gagai in the last 10 mins. Plenty of lazy plodding defense in the middle there

WA Tiger

Bench
keyword claimed

by who? certainly not him. Sam Walker from the roosters is currently going through it, let’s see how that turns out eh
By you. Remember you going on about Brooks was daily M this and Daily M that ...God I hate it when people change their arguments to suit the latest trending viewpoint

Last edited:

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
By you. Remember you going on about Brooks was daily M this and Daily M that ...god I hate it when people change their argument when it suits...

That’s cute .. I don’t remember though.
It will be ok cup cake. Drink a warm glass of milk and forget about those big bullies on the internet

Vozzy

Juniors
As far as I see it. Brooks can either kick stones and not be in consideration for next year or pull his finger out and lead us to the finals.

blue bags

First Grade
I have backed Luke Brooks for years. We have given the guy plenty of time to develop. Over time, he has improved in athletic ability and defence. Sadly, he has not improved his ballplaying, kicking game, game awareness and nerve.
Against good sides, the man hides while his halves partner tries to win the game. He is okay against cracking weak opposition but pretty clueless against good sides for a long time. Granted that our packs have been weak over the years which limits what he can do. Our pack today, while not the best in the comp, does have their moments which Brooks fails to capitalize on. His main strong point (running game) should be really on point with these rules but sadly it is not.

I think we need to move on all three halves and start again.
always starting fights, he could be trouble, a grub :D

WA Tiger

Bench
stryker said:
People expect our highly paid and one of our most experienced players, one who was once claimed to be the best in the league, to occasionally win us a game?
How dare they eh?
keyword claimed

Speedy G said
keyword Claimed
by who? certainly not him. Sam Walker from the roosters is currently going through it, let’s see how that turns out eh

I guess by you! This is cute ...ring a bell?

Speedy Gonzales said:
2020: Nathan Cleary

2019: Mitchell Moses

2018: Luke Brooks

2017: Micheal Morgan

2016: Cooper Cronk

2015: Jonathan Thurston

2014: Daly Cherry Evans

Look at the list of names that have won the award before and after him...haha just admit he brushed you at a fans day pal. The kid can obviously play. They don’t hand that award to chumps (Ok Moses maybe)

Inconsistency is what pisses people off. But he can play and you’re kidding yourself if you don’t think he can

Last edited:

BrotherJim05

Bench
As much as I hate Chinny Mchin, he got the best out of Brooks. He had a killer year - maybe not deserved Halfback of the year but f**k me we were all impressed.

Ivan got all the boys playing well above their weight but he f**ked us in more ways than one which we are still paying for.

Tigerm

First Grade
If we’re pinning our hopes on Hastings then we’ll be in trouble

showed nothing in 40+ games at 2 strong clubs and was white anted out of both

I think the view is he’s a cheaper alternative to Mbye with the view he may come good in his 2nd NRL stint but it’s still a gamble
Jesus mate, how long ago was that? Players can change. You don’t win the “man of steel” award because you can’t play?
If you can and want, listen to his chat on ‘bloke in a bar’

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
Jesus mate, how long ago was that? Players can change. You don’t win the “man of steel” award because you can’t play?
If you can and want, listen to his chat on ‘bloke in a bar’

I suppose you thought Benny barba changed aswell when he went over there

it’s his ego for me. He’s basically Mitch Moses 2.0 but with less talent

seriously how do you get booted out of 2 clubs in 2 years without being a massive dickhead? a 2 year stint in England doesn’t fix that

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
stryker said:
People expect our highly paid and one of our most experienced players, one who was once claimed to be the best in the league, to occasionally win us a game?
How dare they eh?
keyword claimed

Speedy G said
keyword Claimed

I guess by you! This is cute ...ring a bell?

Speedy Gonzales said:
2020: Nathan Cleary

2019: Mitchell Moses

2018: Luke Brooks

2017: Micheal Morgan

2016: Cooper Cronk

2015: Jonathan Thurston

2014: Daly Cherry Evans

Look at the list of names that have won the award before and after him...haha just admit he brushed you at a fans day pal. The kid can obviously play. They don’t hand that award to chumps (Ok Moses maybe)

Inconsistency is what pisses people off. But he can play and you’re kidding yourself if you don’t think he can

hahaha rattled

keyword claimed

by who? - some may recall Joey Johns talking about him so highly before he made his 1st grade debut, I went searching and found this story (The Advertiser is owned by News Corp) which provides background.
https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/spor...s/news-story/9259615c3ea4803fc31d37c8930a08a1

A year ago, there was this:
https://www.nospam47.com/au/league/...tarting-for-tigers/1w2p12qdlqsqz1ha2ig3v837a0

WA Tiger

Bench
Hastings was thrown under a bus by Trent Barrett at Manly with the fight at the pub, to protect the Golden one who apparently was just as guilty.

Tiger05

First Grade
Hastings was thrown under a bus by Trent Barrett at Manly with the fight at the pub, to protect the Golden one who apparently was just as guilty.

It'll be interesting how he goes and what happens to the team. To me he is miles off a marquee signing. He is an unproven player that is a risk.

My assumption is that we haven't overpaid and that is what is most important.

Tigerm

First Grade
I suppose you thought Benny barba changed aswell when he went over there

it’s his ego for me. He’s basically Mitch Moses 2.0 but with less talent

seriously how do you get booted out of 2 clubs in 2 years without being a massive dickhead? a 2 year stint in England doesn’t fix that
He’s not Ben Barba

Tigerm

First Grade
Yep Ben Barba is a scum of a bloke

but he was talented. Hence the interest in several NRL clubs. Hastings has supposedly been killing it in SL for years yet we are the only club that would willingly throw him a life line
Good for us then.

Tigerm

First Grade
Yep our recruitment decisions have been top notch over the last 10 years
Give it a break, maybe talk about current, since Hartigan arrived, and it has been great. There is not much around, so to get someone of his quality is indeed top notch.
Maybe if Brooks was a more dominate player in his career, we wouldn’t have needed Hastings.
If you want to talk about the last 10 years, who has been here the longest, we have got rid of everybody to give him his team, still not happening.