What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Burt

eel01s

Bench
Burt today showed how important he is to our team. Honestly he seems to be one of the few players with a footy brain in our side.

It is a shame he can't tackle, otherwise he would make an excellent 5/8. Imagine his smarts, kicking game and backing up skills alongside a good half...

Alas, like Mortimer, he is a speed bump in defence. I'm not having a go at Luke, he is miles better than Morts, just a shame he isn't a little bigger physically.

hindy111

Post Whore
I know its been said before.But if burt was to play in the halves i think he would do a better job than both morts and robo.just my opinion thou.
To get the best out of our side he needs to be utilised more.Stays at fullback at Hayne to 5/8.Just for this year.Mcguire looks great out of hooker.But if MK gets into form and mcguire did move into the halves we all of a sudden would have 3 points of attack.

Eels Dude

Coach
Played brilliantly today. Agree that if he had the defensive skills he has the playmaking ability to play in the halves above of Morts and Robson.

The Colonel

Immortal
Put him in the seven jersey and let him defend on the wing. Won't be any different next year when Sandow arrives.

Runaround Man

Juniors
Some of his quick Rugby type passes today were sublime...beautiful hands.

He was also calling for the forwards to pack scrums quickly to get the clock stopped on a few occasions....showed plenty of leadership...although it is lucky that his knock on at dummy half a few metres out from our line didn't cost us.

boxhead

First Grade
To me personally, Luke was far more involved in the game than Jarryd has been all year, at least in the sense of a fullback's involvement. There's no question Luke is the much more energetic, natural fullback of the two.

It's just a huge shame that he gets man of the match at fullback and yet when Jarryd returns, he'll be pushed back to the wing. He showed today that he needs to get more involvement in the side.

bartman

Immortal
It's just a huge shame that he gets man of the match at fullback and yet when Jarryd returns, he'll be pushed back to the wing. He showed today that he needs to get more involvement in the side.
Hopefully SK will have the guts not to push Burt back to the wing... :sarcasm:.

Jarryd can still easily contribute his talents from a different position - his best rep position... a winger with a roving commission in attack who defends out wide.

Bazal

Post Whore
This is exactly why me and a few others have been calling for a game plan that uses Burt in attack similar to the way we use Hayne (ie the way Smith used to use Burt). He's a much more natural playmaker than Jarryd, and it takes pressure off Hayne as well.

Y2Eel

First Grade
In 2001 Burt was used off the bench as a utility player in a few games.. Does anyone knows what position he came on at?

Angry_eel

First Grade
He might be a liability in defence but if we're not going to put him at full back, we might as well put him at 5/8th. I don't believe he could do a worse job than either Robson or Mortimer.

Eels Dude

Coach
He might be a liability in defence but if we're not going to put him at full back, we might as well put him at 5/8th. I don't believe he could do a worse job than either Robson or Mortimer.

Morts has missed like 30 tackles in the past few weeks. I gave him credit for his defensive efforts last year but now that's he's shwon he cannot defend in first grade what's the point in having him in the side? He doesn't offer anything else.

boxhead

First Grade
morts has missed like 30 tackles in the past few weeks. i gave him credit for his defensive efforts last year but now that's he's shwon he cannot defend in first grade what's the point in having him in the side? He doesn't offer anything else.

Liar liar pants on fire!

Latest posts