What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Covell?

brook

First Grade
playing for the magpies in the second row

hopefully soon to replace robert miles in first grade (but I wouldn't count on it)

yappy

Bench
nah he's back on the wing (although he popped up at 5/8 a little last week). The second row experiment seems thankfully to have been put to bed.

Also banged over 8 yesterday. Hodgo as good a kicker as Superboot? :lol: :lol: :lol:

brook

First Grade
That reminds me yappy - you asked about Jared Warren (the BIG boy from Balmains flegg team last year)

he's playing for the Sydney Bulls this year - puts me in a hard position cause I hate the bulls but hope he does well

antonius

Coach
Thanks for that People. A mate of mine has him in his VNRL team as his kicker, and hasn't sighted him in any of the team line ups, that explains it.

White Tiger

Juniors
yappy said:
nah he's back on the wing (although he popped up at 5/8 a little last week). The second row experiment seems thankfully to have been put to bed.

Also banged over 8 yesterday. Hodgo as good a kicker as Superboot? :lol: :lol: :lol:

His a a couple of classes above Hodgo in the kicking stakes that's for sure!!

And i must admit looked pretty good on the wing yesterday.

brook

First Grade
Southern Rooster said:
Wests win if he played yesterday. Forget about his goalkicking he ain't a bad player either.

Agreed.

Miles is useless, sure he's fast but he offers very little.

Covell is a handy player although no superstar and his kicking is brilliant. I wouldn't want him in the team if it were JUST for his kicking but I also think he's a much better player than miles.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Very surprised he was playing second row. I thought Miles played well last year in some instances (or maybe it was Clayton, I get them mixed up) so he deserves a go, but I agree if we put Covell on the wing I don't think he'll let us down. Hasn't in the past.

Karmichael Hunt

Juniors
antonius, your friend paid a lot of money for someone that mightn't play that often. if he played straight recruitment vnrl then he paid $470 000 which really wasn't worth it for Covell. I was considering buying him but was talked out of it which was lucky.

I hope he bought a good second string kicker that plays every week and kicks often because he'll need it.