What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Kearey calls it as it is in an interview ! Well done but hardly noticed.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Lol. Said the wolf in sheeps clothing. You continually pester and try to discredit other people's observations and then assert someone else doesn't have a right to comment! Absolutely diabolical stuff! Lol. The work of a sly dog!

Have you got some examples for me?

Stallion

First Grade
Have you got some examples for me?

Yes. Plenty. One recent one being being your claim : "Everyone knows rugby league has more ball in play than union". That's not even being used in recruitment drives for juniors! And you use this assumption to make a very important fact irrelevant in your view of the world? You seek evidence ?Then go look at any junior rugby league recruiting blurb. It's not in there! I can go over other examples if you insist ! ?

Last edited:

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Yes. Plenty. One recent one being being your claim : Everyone knows rugby league has more ball in play than union" That's not even being used in recruitment drives for juniors! And you use this assumption to make a very important fact irrelevant in your view of the world. You seek evidence then go look at any junior rugby league recruiting blurb. It's not in there! I can go over others if you insist ! ?

For anyone who has seen both games it is obvious. For anyone who hasn't seen them it is irrelevant. How is that discrediting your observation?

Stallion

First Grade
For anyone who has seen both games it is obvious. For anyone who hasn't seen them it is irrelevant. How is that discrediting your observation?

? You actually think that not mentioning such facts like their is much more "ball in play action" in rugby leagye than union is not important to someone whom has not seen either code!? Absolutely mind-boggling! The words are explicit and very true in reflecting the prowess of rugby league over union . It's common sense in marketing a superior sports product. If it's better !Tell them why and let them know! God knows rugby league has been hidden enough as it is!

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
? You actually think that not mentioning such facts like their is much more "ball in play action" in rugby leagye than union is not important to someone whom has not seen either code!? Absolutely mind-boggling! The words are explicit and very true in reflecting the prowess of rugby league over union . It's common sense in marketing a superior sports product. If it's better !Tell them why and let them know! God knows rugby league has been hidden enough as it is!

Give it a rest mate. The NRL have some of the best sports marketers in the country and they don’t use this as a marketing angle because it is obvious and an irrelevant thing to market.

I think they know a little more about marketing than you do.

Stallion

First Grade
Give it a rest mate. The NRL have some of the best sports marketers in the country and they don’t use this as a marketing angle because it is obvious and an irrelevant thing to market.

I think they know a little more about marketing than you do.

Lol. You are truelly a failed individual. You seem to think that everything is rosy and heading in the right direction. This sport is underachieving bigtime. You think the powers that be are on top of things?! Incredibly ignorant ! I'd say your lackluster regard for this struggling code (internationally and under attack domestically ) is a theme of your total lack of understanding the big picture (international ) and the littler (but just as crucial local ) picture. YOU ARE MISSING IMPORTANT STUFF!

Pommy

Coach
Lol. You are truelly a failed individual. You seem to think that everything is rosy and heading in the right direction. This sport is underachieving bigtime. You think the powers that be are on top of things?! Incredibly ignorant ! I'd say your lackluster regard for this struggling code (internationally and under attack domestically ) is a theme of your total lack of understanding the big picture (international ) and the littler (but just as crucial local ) picture. YOU ARE MISSING IMPORTANT STUFF!

Ditto, the thing between your ears for starters.

Stallion

First Grade
Stallion is worse than a one eyed Manly fan

Lol. One eyed Manly fans are ok and so are fans that are aware of genuine issues and flaws affecting this great code. For the record I support the Roosters and my 2nd team are the Newcastle Knights. Overall I enjoy most games over a weekend . It's mostly great entertainment and sporting endeavour with skill that rocks my boat. Rugby league does that.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Lol. You are truelly a failed individual.

Because I disagree with you? The NRL marketing team seem to disagree with you too. Are they failed individuals also?

You seem to think that everything is rosy and heading in the right direction.

Correct! Ratings, revenue, participation, crowds and the spread of the game around the world is either at its highest or close to if you look back through the history of the game. There certainly are challenges that need to be addressed but we are moving forward.

You think the powers that be are on top of things?! Incredibly ignorant ! I'd say your lackluster regard for this struggling code (internationally and under attack domestically ) is a theme of your total lack of understanding the big picture (international ) and the littler (but just as crucial local ) picture. YOU ARE MISSING IMPORTANT STUFF!

The administration of the game could be better but it also has been much worse. There are sports in Australia that have been hit very hard in recent times, RL has been one of only two or three that have managed to maintain it's position in the sporting landscape and grow (AFL and cricket being the other two).

Internationally, the game has never been played in more places at an amatuer level and there have never been professional clubs in more countries than there is now (England, Australia, PNG, Canada, France, New Zealand, Wales (semi-pro) with Fiji soon to be added to that list).

The world is bigger than a couple of suburbs in Northern Sydney and if they really wanted to, the Bears could do what Newtown are doing to engage the community, but they aren't.

Stallion

First Grade
Because I disagree with you? The NRL marketing team seem to disagree with you too. Are they failed individuals also?

Correct! Ratings, revenue, participation, crowds and the spread of the game around the world is either at its highest or close to if you look back through the history of the game. There certainly are challenges that need to be addressed but we are moving forward.

The administration of the game could be better but it also has been much worse. There are sports in Australia that have been hit very hard in recent times, RL has been one of only two or three that have managed to maintain it's position in the sporting landscape and grow (AFL and cricket being the other two).

Internationally, the game has never been played in more places at an amatuer level and there have never been professional clubs in more countries than there is now (England, Australia, PNG, Canada, France, New Zealand, Wales (semi-pro) with Fiji soon to be added to that list).

The world is bigger than a couple of suburbs in Northern Sydney and if they really wanted to, the Bears could do what Newtown are doing to engage the community, but they aren't.

Rugby league certainly deserves to be bigger than the false sense of wellness you are trumpeting! You are an absolute underachiever advocate. And extremely ignorant as far as genuine rugby league development and growth is concerned. Your blind faith in the underperforming administration of this code is remarkably closed minded and reflects apathy at the top echelon as far as apathy goes.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Rugby league certainly deserves to be bigger than the false sense of wellness you are trumpeting! You are an absolute underachiever advocate. And extremely ignorant as far as genuine rugby league development and growth is concerned. Your blind faith in the underperforming administration of this code is remarkably closed minded and reflects apathy at the top echelon as far as apathy goes.

Could you please elaborate on a few points:

On what basis do you claim a false sense of wellness? I've put forward points as to why the game is on the right track.

Considering that you commented that the game is underachieving, what specific KPI's do you think the game should be hitting for each of the following?:
  • Revenue
  • Attendances
  • TV Ratings
  • Participation
Re: the 'ignorant to genuine rugby league development' comment, could you please let me know what you seem to know that I don't? If you think some of my claims are untrue then debate them, don't just throw around your usual catch phrases with no opposing facts or figures. Also, could you please point out where I've said that I have blind faith in the administration.

What KPI's do you measure the administration against if they are competing at the top end of sports in Australia against the AFL and Cricket whilst RU and Football have fallen away? I'm interested to know specifically what you would consider an open minded and unapathetic administration.