What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Keary

Hahaha. The stat man must have missed the opportunities he was creating everywhere seeing as they gave him 1 tackle break, 1 line break assist and one offload, exactly the same stats as Munster. And his defence was shit: 16 tackles, 5 missed. Just shows how amazing your team defence was with Cronk playing busted and Keary having equal most missed tackles for the game.

Bit strange of you to say he’s the most deserving Dally M winner in a while, suggesting the award is a bit hit and miss, then in the same breath saying his Dally M win is confirmation of how great he was. It can’t be both.
He wasn’t a Dally M winner lol please quit whilst you’re so far behind

And going solely off stats is pretty daft. Did you even watch the game or did you just see how many fantasy points he racked up?

He was deserving man of the match and he got it. Other people undeservedly getting the CCM doesn’t diminish his performance at all lol.

I also said his performance was being applauded by everyone, rather then other times like 2013 or 2016 when there was a lot more conjecture about who should be given the award.

Curns13

Juniors
Yeah nah. stats are bs like those showing Aj to be a better fullback than Tedesco FFS.

That's BS.

Everyone knows Keary deserved the Churchill medal.
You only dont like stats because they often don’t support your opinions.

At no stage have I said he didnt deserve the Clive, my problem is with the 10/10, walk on water, won the Roosters the game bullshit that so many are going on with. Look at the AFL gf. West Coast won with a team effort. Shuey was great and either him or McGovern deserved the Norm Smith, but the AFL community didnt feel the need to push the narrative that anyone had the perfect game or won his team the game.

Curns13

Juniors
He wasn’t a Dally M winner lol please quit whilst you’re so far behind

And going solely off stats is pretty daft. Did you even watch the game or did you just see how many fantasy points he racked up?

He was deserving man of the match and he got it. Other people undeservedly getting the CCM doesn’t diminish his performance at all lol.

I also said his performance was being applauded by everyone, rather then other times like 2013 or 2016 when there was a lot more conjecture about who should be given the award.
I do apologise, Clive Churchill medal. Who’s going solely off stats? I couldn’t give a shit about fantasy points, I’ve never played it and I havent mentioned them at all.

Your, and many others, argument that he played 6 and 7 arguement is bullshit. He had the same stats as one Melbourne half not two, the only area where he did the job of two was his kicking game, but that’s not unusual. Reyno does that for us every week, so does Townsend for the Sharks and Milford for the Broncos among others.

Keary didn’t do the job of two halves. He did a good job of doing his job. And that’s what makes your win so remarkable. Your defence, your hard running forwards (who blew Melbourne away early), your completion rate all more than made up for playing with basically one half.

Not sure why your so defensive. I’m actually complementing your whole team, and in particular your coach, over praising just one member as a saviour.

I do apologise, Clive Churchill medal. Who’s going solely off stats? I couldn’t give a shit about fantasy points, I’ve never played it and I havent mentioned them at all.

Your, and many others, argument that he played 6 and 7 arguement is bullshit. He had the same stats as one Melbourne half not two, the only area where he did the job of two was his kicking game, but that’s not unusual. Reyno does that for us every week, so does Townsend for the Sharks and Milford for the Broncos among others.

Keary didn’t do the job of two halves. He did a good job of doing his job. And that’s what makes your win so remarkable. Your defence, your hard running forwards (who blew Melbourne away early), your completion rate all more than made up for playing with basically one half.

Not sure why your so defensive. I’m actually complementing your whole team, and in particular your coach, over praising just one member as a saviour.
Because Fantasy is all stats based which is what you seemed to watch. Anyone who watched the game can see how good he was.

Lol Keary is usually the one who takes a backseat on the kicking so him standing up and doing the vast majority actually makes it a better performance. So he did his job, and a lot of Coopers.

You can compliment our team all you want as it was a brilliant team performance. Maybe one of the best ever, but the cream on the top was Luke Keary. He was the lynchpin.

Curns13

Juniors
What were Cronk's stats???....FFS you don't judge players by stats alone.

And yeah, try assists in Grand finals shits all over everything else.

From NRL player ratings....

6. Luke Keary: He did his own work. And that of Cronk. What an outstanding match from the ex-Rabbitoh. Had 71 touches of the ball. Cronk had just 18. He was the best player on the field from the opening minute, setting up the first try and playing a role in the second. Only blemish was the pass that led to a Josh Addo-Carr intercept try. 9
Haha. He passed the ball to the only player he could have passed to, who was more than 10 metres from his opposition and you want me to get down on my knees. If you are playing first grade 6 or 7 and can’t make that pass, you should give it in.

And I don’t give a shit about what ratings anyone else has. Those ratings are almost always a crock of shit where the winning team’s player get an extra 2 points just cuz his team won and the famous players on the losing team are given extra points so that the journo isn’t seen as being too critical.

You want to critcise me for relying on stats, actual facts, to make my arguement but are happy to use someone elses opinion to justify yours? What nonsense.

Curns13

Juniors
Because Fantasy is all stats based which is what you seemed to watch. Anyone who watched the game can see how good he was.

Lol Keary is usually the one who takes a backseat on the kicking so him standing up and doing the vast majority actually makes it a better performance. So he did his job, and a lot of Coopers.

You can compliment our team all you want as it was a brilliant team performance. Maybe one of the best ever, but the cream on the top was Luke Keary. He was the lynchpin.
Honestly, I didn’t look at the stats at all until this morning, but all the people I was watching with were critical of the commentators overreactions to Keary’s play all night. Another group of mates actually started a drinking game where every time the coverage complimented Keary like he God, when really he was just doing his job, they drank. I can only assume it was messy as.

And I’m sorry, but I refuse to give someone extra points for being a competant footballer. If you are a half playing NRL football, you should be able to kick the f**kin ball. That’s your job. If you can’t, youre a pretender.

Maybe Keary was your best. I’ve never said he wasn’t. The thing I object to and disagree with is the walk on water bullshit that so many have gone on with. Tedesco was brilliant. Made huge metres and kept pushing through the line, not to mention his pass to Manu for the 3rd try was twice as difficult as Keary’s. Taukeiaho and Liu ran like men possessed and I thought Friend was great as well, tackling his arse off and breaking tackles. But the media only wants to talk about 1 player.

Honestly, I didn’t look at the stats at all until this morning, but all the people I was watching with were critical of the commentators overreactions to Keary’s play all night. Another group of mates actually started a drinking game where every time the coverage complimented Keary like he God, when really he was just doing his job, they drank. I can only assume it was messy as.

And I’m sorry, but I refuse to give someone extra points for being a competant footballer. If you are a half playing NRL football, you should be able to kick the f**kin ball. That’s your job. If you can’t, youre a pretender.

Maybe Keary was your best. I’ve never said he wasn’t. The thing I object to and disagree with is the walk on water bullshit that so many have gone on with. Tedesco was brilliant. Made huge metres and kept pushing through the line, not to mention his pass to Manu for the 3rd try was twice as difficult as Keary’s. Taukeiaho and Liu ran like men possessed and I thought Friend was great as well, tackling his arse off and breaking tackles. But the media only wants to talk about 1 player.
They were praising him because he was good lol, you reckon the whole RL media got together before the game and just said “Oi let’s just say Luke Keary is playing amazing even if he’s shit haha what jokers we are” you’re deluded son

Lol so not being the dominant kicking half makes you a pretender? So does that make Walker, Moylan and Nikorima pretenders because that’s what you argued before.

Also doing his job is literally what wins games and premierships, that’s why he got the award he did his job amazingly.

Lol you’re clearly just butt hurt because Keary came to us and has succeeded which is why you find it difficult to give him the praise he deserves. Teddy’s pass was good but it wasn’t even close to as difficult as Kearys.

Stick to supporting shit teams, because you clearly can’t see good footy when it’s right in front of you

Curns13

Juniors
They were praising him because he was good lol, you reckon the whole RL media got together before the game and just said “Oi let’s just say Luke Keary is playing amazing even if he’s shit haha what jokers we are” you’re deluded son

Lol so not being the dominant kicking half makes you a pretender? So does that make Walker, Moylan and Nikorima pretenders because that’s what you argued before.

Also doing his job is literally what wins games and premierships, that’s why he got the award he did his job amazingly.

Lol you’re clearly just butt hurt because Keary came to us and has succeeded which is why you find it difficult to give him the praise he deserves. Teddy’s pass was good but it wasn’t even close to as difficult as Kearys.

Stick to supporting shit teams, because you clearly can’t see good footy when it’s right in front of you
Hahaha. ‘Son’, what an arrogant wanker you must be. If you can’t accept that someone might have a different opinion to yours, you must be a sad, lonely little man. And yes, rugby league media are completely full of shit. They wanted a narrative and they made it happen. They do it all the time. Burgess breaks his cheek so he wins Clive over his brother, JT is the best player ever so he wins Clive over Morgan, Billy is coming back from a near career ending injury so he wins Clive, Smith is the greatest Origin player since Lewis so he wins MoM awards that he doesn’t deserve. If you don’t think this happens, you’ve got no idea.

Not being the dominant kicker doesnt make you a pretender. Can you read? Where did I say that? If those guys were put into a position like Keary was and they couldnt be the dominant kicker for a game, then yes, they would absolutely be pretenders. You did seem to pick out some good company for Keary though, hardly comparing him to the cream of the crop. Nikorima is a bench utility, Moylan is a fullback and half this site want Cody sacked. Maybe you make a good point. Like you said, maybe not being a dominant kicker does make you a pretender.

If you think Keary’s lob pass to an open player is better than Teddy’s flat, bullet-like cut out pass 5 metres from the line, you might need to take your own advice. Go watch rugby union, they throw that ball 8 times a game.

Yep, Keary absolutely did his job and it defintely helped you win a premiership. When he does his job amazingly, I’ll let you know.

Hahaha. ‘Son’, what an arrogant wanker you must be. If you can’t accept that someone might have a different opinion to yours, you must be a sad, lonely little man. And yes, rugby league media are completely full of shit. They wanted a narrative and they made it happen. They do it all the time. Burgess breaks his cheek so he wins Clive over his brother, JT is the best player ever so he wins Clive over Morgan, Billy is coming back from a near career ending injury so he wins Clive, Smith is the greatest Origin player since Lewis so he wins MoM awards that he doesn’t deserve. If you don’t think this happens, you’ve got no idea.

Not being the dominant kicker doesnt make you a pretender. Can you read? Where did I say that? If those guys were put into a position like Keary was and they couldnt be the dominant kicker for a game, then yes, they would absolutely be pretenders. You did seem to pick out some good company for Keary though, hardly comparing him to the cream of the crop. Nikorima is a bench utility, Moylan is a fullback and half this site want Cody sacked. Maybe you make a good point. Like you said, maybe not being a dominant kicker does make you a pretender.

If you think Keary’s lob pass to an open player is better than Teddy’s flat, bullet-like cut out pass 5 metres from the line, you might need to take your own advice. Go watch rugby union, they throw that ball 8 times a game.

Yep, Keary absolutely did his job and it defintely helped you win a premiership. When he does his job amazingly, I’ll let you know.
Yeah and what’s the Keary angle, how is there a narrative with him? There is none he just played the house down. The narrative would have been Cronk, even Teddy was a better narrative.

You said it wasn’t unusual for one half to do all the kicking, then next you say if you can’t kick you’re a pretender lol, I’m not even sure why this is a point to your argument because Keary’s kicking was fantastic lol and you picked out those players lol, you’re clearly a mental midget lol

lol you just cannot seem to give Keary anything because you’re obviously still bitter he came to us. And not only that he improved.

You don’t have to let me know, I watched the game without being geniused and saw for myself

Travitoh

First Grade
The most important stat reads Luke Keary 2 premierships, Cody Walker 0.

Keary was immense. Running the show on both sides of the ruck and wearing down the Melbourne Storm.
To even suggest that Munster and Croft performed close to the level that Keary did is ludicrous. They weren't even close on the night.

If Origin was being played next week, I've no doubt Keary would be at 6.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Haha. He passed the ball to the only player he could have passed to, who was more than 10 metres from his opposition and you want me to get down on my knees. If you are playing first grade 6 or 7 and can’t make that pass, you should give it in.

And I don’t give a shit about what ratings anyone else has. Those ratings are almost always a crock of shit where the winning team’s player get an extra 2 points just cuz his team won and the famous players on the losing team are given extra points so that the journo isn’t seen as being too critical.

You want to critcise me for relying on stats, actual facts, to make my arguement but are happy to use someone elses opinion to justify yours? What nonsense.
Yeah I watched the game, derpy.

No one gives a shit about your stats either. You are now sounding unhinged.

Keary played 2 positions and was the one we let go that was always going to turn around and bite our arse.

Curns13

Juniors
Yeah I watched the game, derpy.

No one gives a shit about your stats either. You are now sounding unhinged.

Keary played 2 positions and was the one we let go that was always going to turn around and bite our arse.
Played 2 positions. Ha. All aboard the hype train. And of course you couldn’t care about stats, you’re the same guy who used a photo to try as proof Robert Jennings is the same build as AJ when his physical measurements say otherwise.

If you don’t think stats matter, you’re a dinosaur. Every single club in the comp pays people to analyse stats to help them, but Mr Spock thinks they’re a waste of time. They must be shit then. Joker.

CliveC

Juniors
Actually even though the Chooks won they are still the grubbiest football club in the known universe.
And their fans are no better.
In his last game Billy was booed by the redneck Chooks fans ad infinitum! Disgraceful b's.
Most of their fans couldn't tell the diff between a ping pong ball and a RL ball.
Their fans put out their superior class attitude at every opportunity.
The club is a shithole that couldn't possibly be making money BUT the big end of town finances them and the high level of corruption leaves a stink on our game!
They have buggerall Juniors because all the fairies are into tiddlywinks and RL is too rough for them so they buy everyone they can
Yep the Chooks won, the sooner Politis is gone the better.
PS I won't forget the role Easts played in getting Souths kicked out of the comp.
A grub club with myriads of grub good time Charlie fans!

Curns13

Juniors
Yeah and what’s the Keary angle, how is there a narrative with him? There is none he just played the house down. The narrative would have been Cronk, even Teddy was a better narrative.

You said it wasn’t unusual for one half to do all the kicking, then next you say if you can’t kick you’re a pretender lol, I’m not even sure why this is a point to your argument because Keary’s kicking was fantastic lol and you picked out those players lol, you’re clearly a mental midget lol

lol you just cannot seem to give Keary anything because you’re obviously still bitter he came to us. And not only that he improved.

You don’t have to let me know, I watched the game without being geniused and saw for myself
I would have thought that being a Roosters fan meant you were able to read, apparently not. I didn’t mention those players and I didnt say they were pretenders. You did. Making up quotes for other people is a great way to enhance an argument though.

the only area where he did the job of two was his kicking game, but that’s not unusual. Reyno does that for us every week, so does Townsend for the Sharks and Milford for the Broncos among others.
I would have thought that being a Roosters fan meant you were able to read, apparently not. I didn’t mention those players and I didnt say they were pretenders. You did. Making up quotes for other people is a great way to enhance an argument though.
Lol you mentioned their halves partners were the ones doing all the kicking, so yeah you did use them. Then you also said if you don’t kick you’re a pretender so yeah you did call them pretenders.

How stupid can one be?

You also didn’t seem to be able to rebuttal any of my other points so I’ll just assume your brain couldn’t formulate an intelligent response because it is out of the realms of possibility.

Pilot house

Juniors
Lol you mentioned their halves partners were the ones doing all the kicking, so yeah you did use them. Then you also said if you don’t kick you’re a pretender so yeah you did call them pretenders.

How stupid can one be?

You also didn’t seem to be able to rebuttal any of my other points so I’ll just assume your brain couldn’t formulate an intelligent response because it is out of the realms of possibility.

That would be “rebut” not “rebuttal”