What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Lewis Appreciation Thread

franklin2323

Immortal
Seriously guys, no matter where he ends up (assuming he definately does leave) I feel for you blokes. This would be like watching Gal tell us he is going to another club. Would be gutted.

On the positiove side (if you can believe one) you guys have the best juniors in the league by a country mile and continue to unearth amazing talents. I dont think you get enough credit for how much your club actually brings to the quality of the toughest Rugby League competition in the world.

The problem is turning those juniors in to results. 2006 we won JF. 2007 we won all 3 juniors grades. We haven't won a semi since even have only made it once.

Big Mick

Referee
Well Luke has come out and said it was his decision. Dunno whether I totally believe it. But at the end of the day we say goodbye to a club great and best of luck to him with whatever he does and wherever he goes. He will be welcome back to the club any time.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't know.... I always viewed Brad Fitler as a club traitor.
harsh call.

Fittler aligned himself with the ARL when Penrith aligned themselves with Superleague.

That relationship obviously couldn't remain.

You could almost say Fittler and Panthers betrayed each other in a way.

Definitely not a traitor.

Big Mick

Referee
Congratulations to Luke Lewis for a fantastic 11 years at the Penrith Panthers club. Your efforts on the field have lifted you to club legend status and we all appreciate, as fans, your contribution on and off the football field. I wish you the best of luck at your future club in an attempt to win a premiership as your career draws to a close. I hope you find that team that can deliver you that, but I do hope that you lose to us (sorry). Thanks for everything once again, and I hope to see you back at Penrith in some capacity once your career has come to an end. Best of luck.

The OX

Juniors
Erin Molan just tweeted that she spoke with Luke Lewis.

His two operations were Due to cancer being detectedin his thyroid.

soc123_au

Staff member
Shit, that's not good. I hope they got it all. Makes the footy side of things pretty much irelevent.

The OX

Juniors
Yep sure does mate.

My original info was that the surgury was maintenance and could have waited till the off season.

If accurate, I wish him a full and speedy recovery.

Hope he comes good. I'm a local boy and whilst not a Panthers supporter, I come down a fair bit to Penrith Park with my mates and watch him run around.

Big Mick

Referee
His mother should reign it in a bit imo.

I know it isn't nice to say but she has been stirring shit for months. She's coming off now sounding like a jilted lover.

When the focus is meant to be on Luke's health last night she's taking swipes at the club. Goes to show where her priorities are.

I find it incredibly hard to believe that noone from Penrith called...because Alexander spoke about it 3 weeks ago on the radio...so how did he know if there was no communication?

There are three sides to every story but through multiple facebook "pages" Sharon continues to put her's out there from the weeks before Lukes departure and continuing until now. The focus should have been that Luke beat cancer but her comments drove that facebook page into a Penrith bashing/Cronulla lovefest. It was not necessary to post, nor the time to say it and it came across as extremely petty. It distracted people from the position outcome which was the well-being and health of her son, which should have been priority #1. Bagging the club on an NRL gossip site should not have registered an agenda item yesterday.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
Spot on. He went for the test through the club. So we would of had some contact. We don't need to call him if we can do face to face contact & support that way. T

That said. I will be dissappointed & ashamed of the club if something big isn't planned for tomorrow for him & flash. Clashes aside he has been a great servant for the club & a great of the club

betcats

Referee
I dont see the need for 'something big'. Maybe just an annoucement pre game, flash(forgive the pun) them up on the big screen and let them do a lap of honour after the game.

If they were retiring then i'd like to see a big deal made, but not everytime someone who has been a good player for us leaves.

Anyway goodluck with your recovery Luke, i feel for anyone who is suffered cancer, horrible disease.

penrithmob 65

Juniors
Seems to be a bit of mud raking both sides.Todays paper says he does not know if anything is being done.Members recieved a email saying there would be a lap of honour 2 weeks ago.So its no secret that it is planned

As i have stated many times the most important thing right now is lukes health everything else is minor in the whole scheme of things

The jersey how much he gets how long he signs for are very minor things.

Anyone who has lost someone to cancer will know the confusion the heart ache just the hearing that someone has it can cause.I can understand why his family is upset. But i would also suggest they take a visit to the cancer treatment clinic at Penrith to see how lucky they are to have Luke safe.A lot of us where not so lucky with family members

age.s

First Grade
Spot on mob. Slinging mud would be the last thing on my mind if a close family member had just scored a lucky break by beating the C word. f**k cancer so much.

Anyway no matter what I feel about Luke leaving, really wish him all the best with his health. Hopefully he's kicked that crap out of his body for good.

darkbloom

Juniors
His mother should reign it in a bit imo.

I know it isn't nice to say but she has been stirring shit for months. She's coming off now sounding like a jilted lover.

When the focus is meant to be on Luke's health last night she's taking swipes at the club. Goes to show where her priorities are.

I find it incredibly hard to believe that noone from Penrith called...because Alexander spoke about it 3 weeks ago on the radio...so how did he know if there was no communication?

There are three sides to every story but through multiple facebook "pages" Sharon continues to put her's out there from the weeks before Lukes departure and continuing until now. The focus should have been that Luke beat cancer but her comments drove that facebook page into a Penrith bashing/Cronulla lovefest. It was not necessary to post, nor the time to say it and it came across as extremely petty. It distracted people from the position outcome which was the well-being and health of her son, which should have been priority #1. Bagging the club on an NRL gossip site should not have registered an agenda item yesterday.

Yes, Sharon should be grateful for the respect shown by the club throughout the entire episode.

franklin2323

Immortal
I dont see the need for 'something big'. Maybe just an annoucement pre game, flash(forgive the pun) them up on the big screen and let them do a lap of honour after the game.

If they were retiring then i'd like to see a big deal made, but not everytime someone who has been a good player for us leaves.

Anyway goodluck with your recovery Luke, i feel for anyone who is suffered cancer, horrible disease.

Sattler was organising the 03 team to attend. They should do more then just attend. They can say a few words or something. Like for his 200 they was the video from other NRL players about Lewis and playing with him etc. They could do that from them and stuff and wish him luck etc.

betcats

Referee
I dunno franklin, I think a pre or post game presentation and a lap of honour is enough but that just my opinion.

Latest posts