What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Lewis asking the Panthers for a release! Wow!

BunniesMan

Immortal
I was just thinking to myself I wonder what Phil Rothfield is thinking right now. Thank you Bunniesman.
You're welcome. Here's another nugget from the great mind that is Buzz.

https://twitter.com/BuzzRothfield
Phil Rothfield ‏@BuzzRothfield Massive tip GWS will win a flag b4 Gus delivers title to Penrith.

Rothfield is wrong a lot of the time.

But IMO he might just be accidentally right this time. They're supposedly building an empire but you don't build empires by taking 1 step forward and 2 steps back.

Red Bear

Referee
lol@taking a Rothfield opinion on Gus seriously. Rothfield is a bitter, vindictive merkin of a human who should be completely ignored

Wouldn't bat an eyelid if Rothfield got hit by a bus in front of me, massive tool.

Hope he is wrong like he was about the "Barba experiment being over", just so he can be laughed at again.

Iafeta

Referee
He had one losing season as a coach, when he had a player pass away in the pre-season. Any team would struggle under those circumstances, the players are human. The only other time he missed the finals was due to a 4 point deduction for a salary cap breach that occurred before he arrived at the club. You can't blame him for that one.

Correct. He did an outstanding job at the club.

On the matter of the Warriors and their talent, they had seasons where Grant Rovelli was halfback, Aidan Kirk was a winger, George Gatis was at hooker et al. The trick with Cleary was often those blokes played their best football under him. At times he had some deadset nuffies in and around some young raw talent and an experienced front row.

BunniesMan

Immortal
lol@taking a Rothfield opinion on Gus seriously. Rothfield is a bitter, vindictive merkin of a human who should be completely ignored
I agree with that. That's why I said I think he is accidentally right instead of being right on the back of some journalistic brilliance or something.

He always has and always will hate Gus no matter what, but I think he's accidentally right this time.

RHCP

Bench
If Lewis didn't ask for a release, but Gus wanted him out, would Penrith have been forced to pay out the final two years of his deal?

Cliffhanger

Coach
Luke Lewis = sook

Hanging around Gallen too much during origin obviously and it rubbed off on him

Seriously have you ever said anything nice about NRL, any NRL player or any team?

I have not seen a single post from you where you aren't death riding someone.

It's not like we all feel the need to point out to you how unlikely it is that Ussain Bolt or any other sprint record holder was not assisted by some 'special substances'.

BunniesMan

Immortal
That brings up another good point. What's the point of playing him at all now. They won't make the finals, may as well give the game time to someone who will be around in 2013.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Seriously have you ever said anything nice about NRL, any NRL player or any team?

I have not seen a single post from you where you aren't death riding someone.

It's not like we all feel the need to point out to you how unlikely it is that Ussain Bolt or any other sprint record holder was not assisted by some 'special substances'.
How is this post not deleted...Cliffy do you want to get sued?

You can't just suggest something like that about someone whose never had their name even associated with cheating.

Cliffhanger

Coach
How is this post not deleted...Cliffy do you want to get sued?

You can't just suggest something like that about someone whose never had their name even associated with cheating.

Firstly, it's "who's".

Secondly, Marion Jones never had her name associated with cheating. But you just had to take one look at her objectively and it was pretty damn obvious something was not right.

Thirdly, I said it was unlikely they hadn't been aided by special substances. really think about it, yes these guys train more than the average person. But, human beings still have physical limitations.

Latest posts