What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Ronchi

Benjitheking

Juniors
I was just wondering if anyone could verify what the eligibility rules for him are in regards to him maybe playing for New Zealand

Benjitheking

Juniors
This is just hypothetical but say if he wanted to play for NZ How long would he have to live here or seeing he was already born in NZ Would it be shortened or be not at all

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I think he played for Australia A, so it would be a 4 year wait

He couldn't even get a game for WA at the start of the season, why would you want him

Matt23

Staff member
Correct the wait would be 4 years, he deputized for Haddin during the one dayers in the West Indies

JJ

Immortal
Is he any good?

Doubt that we'd want him - keeper's not a position we're short it

McCullum is #1, but behind him Hopkins (although he's not brilliant behind the stumps), Reece Young who I have a lot of time for, McGlashan, Watling, van Wyk etc etc... not sure we have any need for an Australian cast off - we have some very capable kiwi glovemen and a Jaapie cast-off... (sooner have the Aussie actually!)

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
bats like McCullum in T/20s and hot and cold in the longer version

eye like a dead fish

IanG

Coach
How long was the wait for Eoin Morgan?

Different kettle of fish. Playing for an Associate Member country doesn't disqualify you from playing for a Full Member Country. Hence why Dirk Nannes played for Holland then for Australia in such a short space of time.

Another example John Davison could've still played for Australia despite playing for Canada