What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Macquarie sports radio.

jeffdragon

Bench
The sports shows on Macquarie sports radio 954 have been ditched as from this Friday due to poor ratings.
They will still be doing the cricket coverage and others.
Enjoyed listening to David Morrow Matt Thompson piggy Riddell and others while I'm at home or work.
I think it's a shame.Hope they don't go back to the lifestyle crap they had before.

BLM01

First Grade
The sports shows on Macquarie sports radio 954 have been ditched as from this Friday due to poor ratings.
Enjoyed listening to David Morrow Matt Thompson piggy Riddell and others while I'm at home or work.
I think it's a shame.Hope they don't go back to the lifestyle crap they had before.

I thought Macquarie Sports Radio was 873 2GB...Ray Hadley's mob...if not... wishful thinking!

redandwhite4evr

Juniors

Agree it's a shame- it was the first 24 hour multi sports radio station that I'm aware of (2KY seems to all racing) and should have been given time to bed down. I particularly enjoyed Ox and Marko in the drive segment- a lot of fun.

Channel 9, the new owners of Macquarie Sports (954) and Macquarie News (873) seem to be jumping at shadows and wanting instant results but it doesn't work that way. They have gotten on the wrong side of some of the high rating presenters on the News station as well so they risk making the same mess of radio as they have of their television content (such as giving up the institution that is Channel 9 cricket and taking on Tennis!!)