What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mad mike at it again

ozbash

Referee
hope this isnt outdated in oz :lol:

Former heavyweight boxing champion Mike Tyson has been arrested after a fight with two men outside a New York hotel.
Police say he was charged with third-degree assault and disorderly conduct following the fracas outside a hotel in Brooklyn where he was staying.

The boxer was treated for minor cuts after the other men apparently swung at him with an object taken from the hotel lobby.

The two men were also arrested and charged with menacing behaviour and harassment after the fight at 0530 local time.

Their names were not immediately released.

Man of violence

The brawl is the latest in a long line of violent incidents involving Tyson.

The boxer was convicted of rape in 1992 and was sentenced to six years in prison - serving three years before being released on parole.

In 1997, he bit off a piece of Evander Holyfield's ear during a bout.

Tyson's Nevada boxing licence was suspended for a year, and he was fined $3m.

In 1999, he was released from a Maryland jail after serving three-and-a-half months for assaulting two motorists.

Last year, he threw a punch at Lennox Lewis' bodyguard at a news conference announcing a fight between the two, setting off a brawl between Tyson and Lewis.

Green Eye

Juniors
This guy just doesn't get it.... regardless of if you think he is an animal or just misunderstood, he can't control his rage.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Green Eye said:
This guy just doesn't get it.... regardless of if you think he is an animal or just misunderstood, he can't control his rage.

One of the f**kwits admitted to pretending he had a gun. What did he expect Tyson to do?

It's a natural instinct to do something like this if you feel your life is in danger.

These dickheads deserved what they got.

BTW ob, this was on the net on Saturday night so it seems the kiwi media is up to date as per usual :lol:

Green Eye

Juniors
He could have run... :lol:

This incident aside he does have a history of losing the plot in public. I admire what he has done for boxing but prfessional sports men and women shouldn't lose control in public... By no means is he the only one but it would just be nice to see iron mike get in the papers for something good rather that belting people in public.

I agree that the circumstances surrounding this latest stoush are dubious to say the least.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Run from a gun?

He's the kind of guy you don't f**k with. If you choose to f**k with him don't be surprised if he decks you.

Green Eye

Juniors
El Duque said:
Run from a gun?

He's the kind of guy you don't f**k with. If you choose to f**k with him don't be surprised if he decks you.

hahahaha.... they did deserve it. Still doesn't make it right though.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Green Eye said:
El Duque said:
Run from a gun?

hahahaha.... they did deserve it. Still doesn't make it right though.

Well personally if someone pretends to pull a weapon on anyone I have no dramas if they get the shit kicked out of them. I think it will teach people you don't pull that kind of crap and get away with it.

Blade

Juniors
Anyone who pretends to pull a gun on another individual, under any circumstances, deserves to get the beejeesus kicked/punched out of them.

Just like Tyson did to these clowns.

I'm with Tyson this time.

I admire what he has done for boxing but pr[o]fessional sports men and women shouldn't lose control in public...

Agreed. But under these circumstances, he cannot and should not be the vilian.

By no means is he the only one but it would just be nice to see iron mike get in the papers for something good rather that belting people in public.

He has. Heavyweight division boxing has been what it is for over 15 years because of Mike Tyson. What other heavyweight fighter has drawn as much attention to boxing as Mike Tyson has done for so long?

M. Ali, J. Louis, J. Frazier, R. Marciano....?

Latest posts