What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mad Monday

azza29

Juniors
So some R-rated antics at a private party are one-third as bad as Manly’s salary cap breach... yeah, nah...

wibble

Bench
Because the media had a huge hissy fit over this, Greenburg decides to be tough and hand down massive fines, whereas other incidents have been far worse and received less fines.

Seriously, its another over-reaction from the NRL.

Well, Gallen did cop $50k for swearing on Twitter. These fines don't seem so big compared to that.

Not that any if them should be fined. I don't drink, I don't swear, and I couldn't care less if others choose to, even to supposed "excess".

Just so the full text is here, the following article was posted on the WWOS website earlier -

NSW Police charge Bulldogs pair after boozy Mad Monday celebrations
By WWOS
3 hours ago

It is understood NSW Police have charged two Canterbury Bulldogs players Adam Elliott and Asipeli Fine after their Mad Monday celebrations.

"Officers from Sydney Police Area Command launched an investigation following an incident at a licensed premises on Lower Fort Street, The Rocks, on Monday," police said in a statement.

"Following inquiries by Sydney city LAC [Local Area Command] two men aged 23 and 26 were issued with court attendance notices for wilful and obscene exposure.

"A 22-year-old man has been issued an infringement notice for offensive conduct."

Police also issues penalty notices to the Sydney hotel owner.

"The hotel licensee, a 63-year-old man, has been issued with five penalty notices," police said.

Two for licensee permit indecent behaviour on licensed premises, and three for licensee permit intoxication on licensed premises."

Elliott and Fine will appear at the Downing Centre on October 24.

Earlier the pair were both fined $25,000 (including $10,000 suspended) by the club after nude images of the pair at a boozy affair at a city bar appeared in the media.

Canterbury also issued fines to players Marcelo Montoya and Zac Woolford of $10,000 each ($5000 suspended).

The Bulldogs copped a record $250,000 sanction from the NRL for the post-season function which was attended by many club officials as well as players.

The club has five days to respond and chief executive Andrew Hill said they accepted the behaviour of stripping and passing out on the street was inappropriate, but he did not indicate whether he would challenge the fine's severity.

"While the club is disappointed about the severity of this fine, it accepts that the images and the behaviour on the day were unacceptable, and a poor reflection on both the club and the game," he said.

"The club will now hold a full review and put steps in place to make sure that the situation never happens again.

"These are good people who have acted in an immature and juvenile way.

"They have accepted responsibility for their actions and have apologised to the club for their behaviour.

"The club will now work with them from an education and player welfare point of view and we will continue to support our players through this time."

dogslife

Coach
Looks pretty private balcony to me. Was the news scum journo up a tree?

View attachment 23157
Simpsons_05_12_P1_640x360_319337539541.jpg

Don't be alarmed, just go about your mad Monday like I'm not wearing the hat

jim_57

Staff member
The most disappointing part of all this is the NRL not sticking up for it's own whatsoever, then proceeding to take the media's side by dignifying their existence with this fine.

Pretty disgraceful all around, the stupid drunken antics of a few young guys letting off some steam is a long way down the list of things to be outraged at here.

nrlnrl

First Grade
I don’t think Geyer has much working upstairs but he nailed it on triple M. This fine is completely excessive and this is such a total overreaction.

Was anyone abused - No
Were they naked in view of the public - No, it was a private function in a hidden bar
Did they damage property - No
Did they assault anyone - No
Did they commit any criminal activities - No

Just walk past any club or pub on a Friday or Saturday night or even Sunday and you will get exactly the same thing, even worse in most cases. Girls strip in strip clubs and they aren’t doing anything illegal. A guy does it for teammates in private and he gets shamed for it.

Dissapointed the Bulldogs paid the fine on the spot I would’ve refused to and fought it.
It's not a 'hidden bar', it's the balcony area upstairs at the front of the pub. It can be booked by people without any cost. I've done this & kept my clothes on.
Yes they did commit criminal activities - 2 players have been charged.
The hotel has also been charged with various offences.

Perth Red

Post Whore
It's not a 'hidden bar', it's the balcony area upstairs at the front of the pub. It can be booked by people without any cost. I've done this & kept my clothes on.
Yes they did commit criminal activities - 2 players have been charged.
The hotel has also been charged with various offences.

As you can see from photo I posted you can’t see the balcony from the street unless the players where dangling over the wall? When does a private place become public? If I’m naked in my fenced private garden can I be charged?

Quicksilver

Bench
NSW must be the most over-policed place in the world relating to alcohol offences where alcohol is legal.

The death of fun. All down the the Daily Telegraph- The supposed anti-nanny state champions.

This isn't just bad for footballers, it's bad for us all.

Wests is Best

Juniors
I havent read all the posts in here, but is it just me that thinks the game thrives when this sort of stuff is happening off the field? I can't think of too many major incidents of poor off-field player behaviour since Mitchell Pearce. That was nearly 3 years ago and I cant say the interest in the game has been at an all time high since that incident.
I am not condoning the behaviour but sometimes free bad publicity is as good as any. And dont tell me this sort of thing doesnt help the tv deals! After all they do say NRL is the game that keeps on giving

Latest posts