What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Madden 20

shiznit

Coach
Anyone got this??

I grabbed it this morning... I haven’t gotten into the series in about 5 or so years but the QB1 face of the franchise mode got me interested in it...

Not to mention I’m over preseason at the moment...

nick87

Coach
I had planned to get it, but as it turns out im old, washed up and dont have a gaming system that it's released on. So if i want it, im going to have to upgrade my PS3 or whatever the f**king old trash unit i have collecting dust

Tom155

Coach
Anyone got this??

I grabbed it this morning... I haven’t gotten into the series in about 5 or so years but the QB1 face of the franchise mode got me interested in it...

Not to mention I’m over preseason at the moment...
Same ordered mine online but it hasn't arrived yet :(

shiznit

Coach
I had planned to get it, but as it turns out im old, washed up and dont have a gaming system that it's released on. So if i want it, im going to have to upgrade my PS3 or whatever the f**king old trash unit i have collecting dust
Yeah I’m not too dissimilar TBH...

If your broadband plan is due it’s a good way of upgrading.. :joy::joy:

I have an Xbox One... only because I got it free 2 years ago with my previous fibre plan...

I don’t get much time to play games these days... I grabbed RDR2... but apart from that... this console spends most its time on Crash Bandicoot with the kids.

My fibre term finished recently and when I changed address I changed to a new provider... I scored me a 65” Samsung TV... :joy::joy:

zombie jesus

Staff member
Last year was the first time since the early 2000s I haven't bought it I think. Seemed like the same game every year, I don't get into that ultimate team shit or whatever it is where most of the upgrades seem to be.

ggmu

Juniors
This year is definitely better then last year judging off my limited playing time so far. BUT I ran into a bug last night that if it happens again the game will be unplayable till it is patched. I scored late to bring myself to within 1 in the first round of my Ravens franchise. When I get to take the extra point there was no kicking metre. So I pressed X thinking it could bring it up but after a few seconds the kick got taken and flew way wide.

Looked it up and I’ve seen the bug talked about in a few spots.

Last Week

Bench
MUT is EAs baby. That's the only reason why the game is released.

The micro transactions are gambling and it's the only way to succeed in MUT. A mate of mine literally spent over $2k on his MUT team. Nearly cost him his relationship.

EA are f**king evil. The tiniest bit of effort into the game itself, all in the player cards in MUT. Avoid the game at all costs.

Frederick

Staff member
MUT is EAs baby. That's the only reason why the game is released.

The micro transactions are gambling and it's the only way to succeed in MUT. A mate of mine literally spent over $2k on his MUT team. Nearly cost him his relationship.

EA are f**king evil. The tiniest bit of effort into the game itself, all in the player cards in MUT. Avoid the game at all costs.
Gotta admit, a couple of years ago I got very addicted to the mobile version of madden and ended up spending quite a bit of money to eventually get a 100 overall team. Why? f**k knows, but I needed that team.

I got madden 20 for "free" (as part of my EA origin membership), played a bit of MUT the other night, then switched straight over to franchise. That's my comfort zone right there

Last Week

Bench
Gotta admit, a couple of years ago I got very addicted to the mobile version of madden and ended up spending quite a bit of money to eventually get a 100 overall team. Why? f**k knows, but I needed that team.

I got madden 20 for "free" (as part of my EA origin membership), played a bit of MUT the other night, then switched straight over to franchise. That's my comfort zone right there

Franchise is better I reckon. Especially with the custom drafts. Heaps of fun to be had there.

I did a franchise with custom drafts with some mixed legends throughout it. Had the 19 Pats team and drafted legends into it. Was able to make trades through the year for draft picks.

It's heaps better than MUT.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I'm having fun, but f**k me...defence is impossible.

I mean, I'm playing as the Raiders, so our weaknesses are obvious, but I can't seem to stop anything on D.

It's actually really frustrating me - I was beating the Chiefs 14-0 in the fourth, they kicked a field goal. They pinned me in my 10-yard zone, and I arrogantly decided to go for it on the fourth (Brown caught it past the first yard marker, and then dropped it on impact...yeah, it was suss as hell).

Anyway - I held the Chiefs out for three downs, and on the fourth, they go for it.

Mahomes throws a slant to Kelce, who is hit hard by Conley, and he drops the ball...only for the referees to award the TD!

I was f**king livid - by the time they kicked the PAT, I had 40 seconds to go 80 yards, and score the match-winning TD.

I lost 17-14.

I don't mind losing, but in the first half, I held Mahomes to less than 60 yards, and sacked him four times - but in that fourth quarter, my team forgot how to defend.

Really annoying.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Playing QB1, Face Of The Franchise, and my QB has both feet planted, the pocket is not collapsing...and he throws the ball to the other end of the field.

As in, I wanted him to throw it to the left, and he threw it to the right. Three times. In a row.

This game is f**ked.

Eelectrica

Referee
It's a disgrace that the NFL keeps giving EA exclusivity to make NFL games.
If any organisation should know the value of competition to bring out the best, it's the NFL.
The only thing EA is interested in is how many microtransactions they can sell.

nick87

Coach

I did the same, i was ALL in on one a few years ago, collected the entire TOTY team and got to 126 overall...a nd then what? haha it was INSANE. I had the f**king POTY PR ffs, it was f**king Agnew out of detroit haha. WILD

The new engine they moved to broke the cycle thankfully

shiznit

Coach
It's a disgrace that the NFL keeps giving EA exclusivity to make NFL games.
If any organisation should know the value of competition to bring out the best, it's the NFL.
The only thing EA is interested in is how many microtransactions they can sell.
The only competition the NFL want to promote is the competition between gaming corporations to out bid each other for exclusive rights to make the game.

The final NFL2K game was so far better than madden that the only way EA could compete was through its chequebook.

Thankfully for basketball fans the NBA aren’t that short sighted... NBA2K goes from strength to strength and the EA NBA series is an afterthought.

Eelementary

Post Whore
This game is weird.

I did a test - I played an entire season on the easiest difficulty setting, went undefeated, winning the Super Bowl and got numbers such as:

Derek Carr 4,700 season yards, 63 TD's, 3 INT's
Josh Jacobs 2,500 season yards, 31 TD's
Maurice Hurst 15 sacks, 30 TFL's

And not a single Raider made the Pro Bowl...

Philip Rivers made it, and the Chargers finished 8 and 8, after he missed the first six weeks...

Wtf?

Eelementary

Post Whore
I dunno, that looks pretty accurate.

Lol

The Raiders DO suck, but still...

Franchise mode has gotten easier with time - I've managed to trade, and draft, my way up to an 83 overall team (Oakland starts out as a 78, I think), but I found it weird.

In my official Franchise, on All Madden, I won the Super Bowl in my fourth year, and Carr was the standout QB in the league 4,500 yards, QBR 138.5, 52 TD's, 20 INT's, 120 rushing yards, 4 rushing TD's), but he didn't make the cut.

Now, I don't rate Carr in real life, but those stats are pretty elite - and he went unrewarded.

I just found it odd.