What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Madge Maguire Sacked

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
There is the difference. The roster. You either are fortunate to have a pretty good one or one that always needs tweaking and produces uncertainties and inconsistencies. Maguire has had this at the Tigers. I think that a coach of the ilk of Cleary, Robinson and even Bennett would have had some indifferent results with the squad the Tigers have had in the period Madge was the coach.
Coaches like Bennett and Bellamy can attract star players whatever club they’re at because they know they can go to the next level playing under that coach regardless of the club they’re at. Maguire from what I heard is a hard task master, and Brown has won f**k all. No wonder they struggled to sign anyone decent.

possm

Coach
If not Flannagan, then I wouldn't mind Madge being our head coach with Brown and Barrett as assistants. Sign them up for on a 3 year deal.

Dragon David

First Grade
If not Flannagan, then I wouldn't mind Madge being our head coach with Brown and Barrett as assistants. Sign them up for on a 3 year deal.
Unfortunately Madge isn't a coach that would fit our needs for the future. We need someone who can maintain healthy and strong pathways and development in the youth of the area. The club has started this and the journey can be a longish one, but it has to be done. Clubs like ours have the great catchment area of the south coast and Kogarah areas where so many young guns will be available for our future. We need to give them every opportunity to show their capabilities and then we need someone dedicated on working on improving them.

This is our future and it is something like the Panthers have been doing for a few years now.

The Tigers will be giving this type of program a 3-4 year timeframe for the future benefits of the club - a long and painful and challenging road to their hopeful dream of success. The same goes for the Bulldogs.

When everything is in order, it makes things a lot easier for a coach to come in and look good.

We have Hook and we have him for at least to the end of 2023. What happens leading up to that time, we just have to wait and see.

SEAT 1A

Bench
On Foxsports they say the peanut is an outside chance to get a coaching job, here’s his philosophy.

McGregor is an outside chance at landing an NRL head coach role, but his structured style could be an ideal fit for the Warriors, Bulldogs or Tigers.

“Increased simplicity; perfect execution. One defence, one offence, one change up depending on opposition. We worked on clarity and consistency to get our mojo. We would practice and prepare everything through extensive repetition,” McGregor said to Zero Tackle on his coaching philosophy with the Dragons.

After I picked myself off the floor and wiped away the tears I realised he is a total narcissist

From what I got from Tim Sheens, Wests Tigers are after a development coach.

That leaves Mary out in the cold, by the time Mary left he was only responsible for coaching the team.