What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Madge The Myth ?

Yes enough is enough, it’s clear these players are not responding to Madge, he needs to go as the team performances are only getting worse week after week.

stryker

First Grade
You’re not my friend, go and troll someone else.

It’s a hard enough end to the season without you slowing down to see the car accident close up you flip.
Well maybe if you didn’t constantly talk shit I wouldn’t feel compelled to respond.
If you think next year will be better you are not paying attention.

BrotherJim05

Bench
At least we had the never ending comedy of Sheenius team selections when he was coach. Games were exciting because even if we were down by 20 there was a half decent chance of coming back in the last 20 mins.

After this Warriors game I really don't know how much patience I have left. I'm willing to give Madge another year but after that I think I'm gonna just support another team. No idea how to do this but I'm really sick of it

stryker

First Grade
At least we had the never ending comedy of Sheenius team selections when he was coach. Games were exciting because even if we were down by 20 there was a half decent chance of coming back in the last 20 mins.

After this Warriors game I really don't know how much patience I have left. I'm willing to give Madge another year but after that I think I'm gonna just support another team. No idea how to do this but I'm really sick of it
Where do you live?
Go local.

Well maybe if you didn’t constantly talk shit I wouldn’t feel compelled to respond.
Put me on ignore like you promised you ghoul.

All you do is abuse people here, hate the players and run the club down.

We are better off having f**king @Rhyno change allegiances.

Put you up for a trade on eels lu by 1 August

It’s been a bad night for the club and I don’t need your language of vomit.

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
Put me on ignore like you promised you ghoul.

All you do is abuse people here, hate the players and run the club down.

We are better off having f**king @Rhyno change allegiances.

Put you up for a trade on eels lu by 1 August

It’s been a bad night for the club and I don’t need your language of vomit.
f**k the club.
Their inaction over years and years caused this.
They deserve all the hate and attention they are getting.
Worse is still to come. The Dogs will get us and Penrith may hit triple figures when they play us.
I f**ken love it 🤣

Wizardman

First Grade

Another year of this shit?

Original Name

Juniors
Very well said.
I can’t believe people still think the guy fell arse backwards into success.
He is disciplined, creative, strong, passionate and so are his teams.
Say what you will about the wrestle, but in the sport of Rugby League it was a genius way of controlling the ruck. Jiu jitsu moves are perfectly adaptable to the competition for every tackle. Since it’s introduction, only those who mastered it saw success. Those who didn’t came 9th or worse every year.
You can't get lucky for like 17 years straight or whatever crazy amount of the Storm have always been near the top of the ladder (even counting out their cheating the cap years it's still something like 12 years). The players didn't just come through the junior system, Storm have picked them out. Smart recruitment options and retention is due to Bellamy.

I II p
f**k the club.
Their inaction over years and years caused this.
They deserve all the hate and attention they are getting.
Worse is still to come. The Dogs will get us and Penrith may hit triple figures when they play us.
I f**ken love it 🤣
Eels lu have had another look at you, quickly reneged and signed @Rhyno for another 3 years.

Just remember you swore on your life we would compete against the storm.

113 years of rugby league and you have the distinguished honour of making the worst prediction in the history of the game.

No one in the history of this world has ever been as wrong as you.

….went about as well your new years resolution.

stryker

First Grade
I II p

Eels lu have had another look at you, quickly reneged and signed @Rhyno for another 3 years.

Just remember you swore on your life we would compete against the storm.

113 years of rugby league and you have the distinguished honour of making the worst prediction in the history of the game.

No one in the history of this world has ever been as wrong as you.

….went about as well your new years resolution.
Yeah?…and you are whinging that I’m running down the club and players?
Can you guess why?

Front-Rower

First Grade
He cannot attract any signings of note, and I think this is partly due to his reputation as a disciplinarian on top of our our abysmal record the past 10 years.
Let’s be honest, who have we ever attracted to the club that was of high note?

Maybe Lote Tuquiri on his return from Union?

We got Uber lucky with Gareth Ellis. Same can be said about Scott Prince and Pat Richards in 2004/05 as they were seriously injury prone and on the scrap heap in reality.

Adam Blair on reputation but we paid huge overs and it turned out to be a flop.

Ryan O’Hara in 2006 though again another flop.

Yeah?…and you are whinging that I’m running down the club and players?
Can you guess why?
All well and good, but making fun of people and swearing at them for being hopeful in times of crisis is a on trick pony.

Hastings is going to bring a lot to the side and that’s just the start.

Madge will be under enormous pressure to adopt Sheens guidance and advice re coaching because he’s simply not managing under his own steam.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I really want to like Madge, I dont doubt that he craves success and has put in more work then any coach we've ever had. However throughout his entire tenure I havent seen a single evidence as to why he is the coach to get us out of this. I realize he has had (huge) challenges, after 3 years though that excuse starts to wear thin. He should resign at the end of the year, that way he may still get work elsewhere and we wont be more of a laughing stock for sacking ANOTHER coach. It would be the best outcome for everyone.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Where do you live?
Go local.
I used to live near Pratten Park ( older wests fans will know) Followed Western Suburbs Magpies. Consequently hated Manly. I now live in the Northern Beaches area. I never thought I would do it but I am trying to like Manly (the team). It will be a struggle but if I am successful it will be worth it.

Madge can’t take a trick…

Just his luck to be beaten in a round that looks like it’s being called off!

We all said he needed help in Round 5, sheens appears 2 months later but he can’t get out of his mansion in Shropshire East Riding.

stryker

First Grade
All well and good, but making fun of people and swearing at them for being hopeful in times of crisis is a on trick pony.

Hastings is going to bring a lot to the side and that’s just the start.

Madge will be under enormous pressure to adopt Sheens guidance and advice re coaching because he’s simply not managing under his own steam.
Get used to it. This club is driving fans away in their droves.
Hard realities need to be learned and it’s good to see commentators, journalists and the fans ripping into them for their pathetic, gutless efforts over the past 21 years.

simmo05

Bench
I used to live near Pratten Park ( older wests fans will know) Followed Western Suburbs Magpies. Consequently hated Manly. I now live in the Northern Beaches area. I never thought I would do it but I am trying to like Manly (the team). It will be a struggle but if I am successful it will be worth it.
Must be nice!

stryker

First Grade
The current Manly side play footy that is hard not to like.
Learn the Eagle Rock and youre all set 😊

JB04

Juniors
I do really like Madge, he seems like a really decent person and has proven he is a great coach (Souths 2014), however whatever he is doing at the Tigers isn't working. There's three years worth of evidence to suggest this.

Hypothetically lads - say Madge was to resign at the seasons end (which I agree @Vic Mackey, would be the best outcome for all), who would your suggestion(s) be for coach?

Latest posts