What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Madge

Vote for next coach after Madge - possibles.

• Tooves

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Cartwright

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Furner

• Dean Pay

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Another Assistant coach from top tier club

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Taylor (Rip)- New South Wales cup best coach

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Madge with a fair pay cut.

• Gardiner (bears)- going ok with so so side

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Bradford ( super league)- uber coach

• None of the above, I will nominate my own schmukles.

• Total voters

Rabbits20

Immortal
What is your first language? You do a great job with English considering you must have only started learning it.
Instead of trolling Shadow please try to add something to the debate in some of these threads.

Shadow has been making sensible points in here to the debate.

We would like to hear your views................

Benny68

Juniors
Instead of trolling Shadow please try to add something to the debate in some of these threads.

Hilarious yeah ok so posting Souths has a shiiiiite team 1000 times is contributing to the debate hahaha bloody ha

Benny68

Juniors
I don't call 2015 mediocre like others.

At least we made a finals match in 2015 so it was a pass mark for me.
2015 was mediocre, we got absolutely belted by huge amountS the 3 games going into finals then we virtually limp into the first finals match and get belted again ,and that's a pass to you !.

Souths problems stem from getting strong and as they got more successful letting the depth go elsewhere as they paid bigger $$$ to players to stay (or come back). Those players aren't performing and the cheap players in the squad needed to supplement are asked to do more than they're able.

I also think we should be playing better than we are. We need a fresh approach.

southsport

First Grade
Souths problems stem from getting strong and as they got more successful letting the depth go elsewhere as they paid bigger $$$ to players to stay (or come back). Those players aren't performing and the cheap players in the squad needed to supplement are asked to do more than they're able.

I also think we should be playing better than we are. We need a fresh approach.

I've been wondering if the players have stopped listening to the coach, they've heard it all before and his tactics aren't working anymore.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade

curns13 is still not over cisco winning the real souths members/fans tipping comp.....Shadow...

doyen

Bench
I've been wondering if the players have stopped listening to the coach, they've heard it all before and his tactics aren't working anymore.

I think this is what is happening. Not many coaches have the ability to succeed long-term.

Jack GIBSON[supercoach]realised this & moved on after a few years at the helm.

Familiarity breeds contempt[Gibson would say] & I think Madge has generated a fair bit of the latter!!

Who do you replace him with? Certainly no one better available.

If we were going to flick him we needed to do it before this year when we could have picked up Cleary. Now that horse has bolted.

There aren't any decent first grade coaches currently available and not really any young guys bashing on the door to be noticed like Madge was either.

Agree that he has probably reached the end of his tenure but the other options are thin on the ground.

Rabbit toes

First Grade

If we were going to flick him we needed to do it before this year when we could have picked up Cleary. Now that horse has bolted.

There aren't any decent first grade coaches currently available and not really any young guys bashing on the door to be noticed like Madge was either.

Agree that he has probably reached the end of his tenure but the other options are thin on the ground.
Toovey could be enticed from the UK

Travitoh

First Grade

Have a go at Daryl Powell. He has done a pretty good job with Castleford i believe and has had them challenging (and currently leading) the big boys.

callmack1

Staff member
Laurie Daley is an option.

Apparently, even if NSW win this year, there is no guarantee that he will be their coach next year.

Those close to him also say that he'd be keen for an NRL gig if the opportunity presented itself.

doyen

Bench
Cooper CRONK would be a beauty,I reckon!!

Furner has also been mentioned before.

Daniel ANDERSON is Gen.Man. of F/ball ops at the Eels at present,I think!?

Last edited: