What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Madge

Vote for next coach after Madge - possibles.

• Tooves

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Cartwright

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Furner

• Dean Pay

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Another Assistant coach from top tier club

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Taylor (Rip)- New South Wales cup best coach

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Madge with a fair pay cut.

• Gardiner (bears)- going ok with so so side

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Bradford ( super league)- uber coach

• None of the above, I will nominate my own schmukles.

• Total voters

Rabbits20

Immortal
Worst thing we ever did sacking that bloke.

When Seibold is proven to be a dud, Richo and his mates on the board should hand in their resignations as well.

Imho Madge deserved next season and then we could have got rid of him after next season if it all went bad.

He was nurturing some of those young guys coming through and imagine how those guys feel who had a good relationship with him. I was reading today's paper and Doueihi in article about Lebanon was saying how he really looked up to Madge and how he was there for him.

Seibs was our defensive coach last year and our line speed was lethargic plus the boys struggled to make tackles in some games and put their bodies on the line.

Seibs should be coming out and saying he owns that and we must address it asap. Attack comes naturally sometimes after you get your defence in order.

You can't make the 8 even if our attack improves if you haven't got the defensive structures.
I'll get behind him once the season starts as I have nothing against Seibold himself.

My problem is with the mugs that are running our team.

Richo and the gang made an error in giving Madge a 3 year deal and then sacking him a year later. Now we're stuck with a stopgap option because we've paid out Madge for two years and couldn't go to the well again to pay someone decent.

Essentially we, as fans have been f**ked over for two years because the people running our team haven't got a clue. The only positive is that if we drop further down the table in the meantime, hopefully our owners will recognise the real problem at our club and send Richo and his mates packing.

I will be right behind him too. I want there to be a miracle and we go well.

I want Seibs to prove himself! I don't believe he has the right team around him though.

Seibs also said that he would have a big say in recruitment of who he wanted. He hasn't started that off on the right foot.

Richo kept saying oh GI and Gagai and with our young blokes that is enough to make the 8 kind of thing....

southsport

First Grade
I suggest you read some of my analysis re other backlines compared to ours....

R20 I don't need to read it, what is going to happen is going to happen and no amount of chat on this forum is going to change it, so let's just sit back and enjoy the ride. ;)

Rabbits20

Immortal
R20 I don't need to read it, what is going to happen is going to happen and no amount of chat on this forum is going to change it, so let's just sit back and enjoy the ride. ;)
Well with a fit backline about 10th-11th best we rank.

If GI or Gagai goes down it's the bottom 3 best backline/s.

Travitoh

First Grade
Seibs also said that he would have a big say in recruitment of who he wanted. He hasn't started that off on the right foot.

To be fair to the bloke, by the time he came into the job, a lot of player movement had been completed. Especially with the state of our cap.

Recruitment under Madge wasn't even close to great and if the bosses are giving a rookie coach say in who they bring in, they definitely gave the opportunity to a premiership coach.
I'd be waiting until next season's recruitment before judging Seibold there.

I still believe that moving Madge on was the correct decision. The only error in how it happened is that he'd been given a contract extension last season despite there being question marks over his position. Two losing seasons where we weren't close to playing finals ARE NOT good enough for a club that prides itself on having won 21 premierships, the most in the history of the league.

The bosses knew they wanted Seibold, there must be something about that they like so while it may seem like he is a cheap option, he was the man the club intended to have succeed Madge.

Travitoh

First Grade
Well with a fit backline about 10th-11th best we rank.

If GI or Gagai goes down it's the bottom 3 best backline/s.

Agreed that losing GI or Gagai would be a disaster but a back 3 of GI, Gagai and AJ is as good as any in the league barring perhaps the Storm.
It's the centres that is lacking but that said, there is plenty of potential in Burns, Jennings, Arthars, Graham and even Kennar.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Agreed that losing GI or Gagai would be a disaster but a back 3 of GI, Gagai and AJ is as good as any in the league barring perhaps the Storm.
It's the centres that is lacking but that said, there is plenty of potential in Burns, Jennings, Arthars, Graham and even Kennar.
I just feel we are lacking a bit in the backs....

Other clubs have more depth than we do in these positions....

Sorry but I have to disagree on this one.