What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Madge

Tiger05

First Grade
I'm starting to like this guy. He doesn't pick Reynolds and deservedly so. He drops Packer and deservedly so. He picks Aloiai and Mikaele to give us leg drive. He sacks Mikaele for poor defence.

He gives it to the team.

He seems like a guy who is desperate for success and is prepared to make tough decisions.

The Rosco

Bench
Agree 05.
And I also reckon he gave Mbye and Brooks a little one on one about what's expected of them. A big form turnaround from both of them.
And now the big question. With Reynolds off the map, and Benji still injured . . . will he make the call and bring Gamble up ? 5/8 being his natural position, and all.
The only cloud that hangs over the success of that is we are playing some tough games in the next few weeks. I'd hate to see him called up next week . . . we get drilled by 30 . . then he gets dropped again.
But I still reckon it's the perfect opportunity to give him a go.
Let's face it. Reynolds is just as fragile as Liddle. Benji needs to have a replacement groomed.
Matterson played strong at 5/8 yesterday, so he might go down that path again.

Tiger05

First Grade
I reckon go with Matterson at 6. He is a big strong ball runner. His kicking game isn't as good as Reynolds or Benji but with Robbie there we have a decent kicking game.

Still I'll trust Madge to make the decision here.

Mr Spock!

Referee
I'm starting to like this guy. He doesn't pick Reynolds and deservedly so. He drops Packer and deservedly so. He picks Aloiai and Mikaele to give us leg drive. He sacks Mikaele for poor defence.

He gives it to the team.

He seems like a guy who is desperate for success and is prepared to make tough decisions.
Yeah unlike some coaches madge hates losing.

Tiger05, there you go again
He doesn't pick Reynolds and deservedly so.
when was that? He was injured at the start of the season and came into the team via reserves to replace an injured Marshall who started the season well.

Tiger05

First Grade
Tiger05, there you go again when was that? He was injured at the start of the season and came into the team via reserves to replace an injured Marshall who started the season well.

He played Reynolds in reserve grade the first couple of games. He choose Benji over Reynolds and stuck with 4 forwards on the bench. I'm not stating that picking Benji over Reynolds was the right decision but it was a tough decision not to go for one of them on the bench just to keep fans/management happy. He is picking the team to try and win.

Channelling my inner Sheenius, it wouldn't be a bad idea to leave Matto at 6, and have McQueen and ET in the second row. They were both very reliable in defence and we'll need that on the edges against Easts because that is where they'll go to split us open.

super_coach

First Grade
Benji will be back next week, but I like Matterson at 6. He is big, plays direct, plays the percentage game and can tackle. Both Reynolds and Benji play more off the cuff that really doesn’t work with our roster.

Only way we are going to beat the Chooks is getting 17 very good defenders on the paddock

Das Hassler

Bench
Only way we are going to beat the Chooks is getting 17 very good defenders on the paddock

That's Part A no doubt......Part B is to NOT let them dictate the flow of the game....cannot go out there just trying to meet the challenge of defending their attacking structure. ..best form of defense has always been attack and we have to come prepared to attack up the middle. ...Farah pushing up...Brooks running and Mbye supporting up the middle EVERY attacking set is a must...Chooks are tuned to lead the dance and cannot allow that to happen. ...attack...attack... attack and attitude from the getgo! ...unsettle them early and keep them on tilt ...NO FEAR a must!

Shredder

Juniors
Its going to take some time, but I have confidence in him.

Incidentally, its not easy to drop expensive players, as you use up salary cap to bring others into the first grade team. So its a slowly slowly proposition.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Just saw Madge on the Nine news.,,

He was asked a question about whether players like “ Packer and Matulino” were “ unhappy” with what’s happening at the moment...

Madge’s response was that “all the players know my door is always open”...

Phew... thought that the club may have had some issues this past week, but apparently all is well..

He’s a high quality individual and willing to walk the walk.

Any players have issues with him, that’s their problem.

It’s a strong arm approach and he’s been given the keys... but he’s not here for a holiday.

Courage Tigers.

BuffaloRules

Coach
He needs to communicate with his players...even ones that pis him off..

Some players ( Packer) will gladly pick up their pay check and play reserve grade as long as their getting paid..

He might be waiting a while for guys like that to knock on his door..

He’s tasked with getting the best out of every player and as every player is different, he would be looking at them as individuals as well as the whole team.

Some players are smarter at football than others. Some are stronger, some are naturally or able to learn to be more skilled. Some are lazy and some are too emotional. Some are all these things rolled into one at different times!

There’s some outstanding raw talent in the roster that would get a start in almost all nrl sides. They just need to be tamed.

They are either going to respond positively or Madge will completely screw them over.

He won’t tolerate indifference or lack of effort. No player is indispensable.

Welcome to Madge world.

Last edited: