What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Magic Weekend 2019 - Suncorp

t-ba

Post Whore
As long as they fill the weekend with dud fixtures that would have got shitty crowds I'm all for it.

It's a good idea for venues like Eden Park and Optus Oval going forward if it is marketed right. And considering how the All Stars Game and the Nines have gone that isn't exactly a sure fire things...

mxlegend99

Referee
Broncos game will get a good crowd. Most others will be played in front of a 15k crowd at most.

They might get a few arriving early for other games that day. But no one eill give a shit about games on the otherv3 days.

t-ba

Post Whore
Broncos game will get a good crowd. Most others will be played in front of a 15k crowd at most.

They might get a few arriving early for other games that day. But no one eill give a shit about games on the otherv3 days.

Saints are big enough in SEQLD to anchor a day, and probably the Storm,Cowboys and Warriors, so that could help.

Saint Doc

Coach
Something like...

Thurs: (30k)
8pm Cowboys vs Storm

Fri: (50k)
6pm Raiders vs Knights
8pm Broncos vs Roosters

Sat (45k)
3pm Sharks vs Tigers
5pm Bulldogs vs Warriors
7pm Titans vs Dragons

Sun (35k)
2pm Souths vs Manly
4pm Parramatta vs Newcastle

T-Boon

Coach
I was reading that this is the NRLs apology to the QLD government for not taking the GF up there. If that is the case between the QLD government and the NRL there might even be some promotion for this.
They could even get some musicians up there to perform between games or something.

Saint Doc

Coach
How many rounds get 160k total?
How many rounds are likely sponsored by the Queensland Government?

I think it’s great!