What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Magpies v Jets Part 2

yappy

Bench
Well Bluebags, we travelled out to Henson and were shown great hospitality in the form of a 60 point flogging. How many of you are going to make the trek to Campbelltown this Friday Night for the return service?

Kick off is 6:30pm at Campbelltown Stadium so get your skates on and get out there. Bring your woolies cause it'll be COLD!

I suspect this one might be a bit closer than round 2.

Either way I won't be able to make kick off at 18:00 or 18:30 if I finish work at 17:00. Shame as I would have loved another visit to the home of the Cambelltown Eagles....

2 True Blues

Coach
Roosters are a few players down at present. Hope they are coming back soon though. For the Jets sake mate.

Jeffles

Bench
NSWRL correspondence confirms the 6pm kickoff.

That's very inconvenient for most but we'll have to live with that.

2 True Blues

Coach
Terrible time really isn't it jeffles. Wests will have to beat us something like 70 to nil in this game to take some more hardware from the jets trophy cabinet, though it is not going to be an easty game this one i reckon for us.

With wests in 5th place and jets in 4th, this is a crucial game for both sides. With Parra/Wenty playing manly , Jets are in a good position to put some real pressure on the loser of the game ( on the ladder ) if the guys can get over an in form wests.

How are Laiseni and frank Paul Nuuasala ( they got match ending injuries in the first half against Bears last week didn't they ? ) Hope they are not too serious.

Jeffles

Bench
Terribly inconvenient time - hardly encouraging fans to get out and sample the grade but we'll live with that. Up the Jets!

2 True Blues

Coach
Well I suppose if you are a wests supporter and live out that way it would be a one sided crowd for a 6pm kickoff. lol....

Come On Blues......

2 True Blues

Coach
Support
your team!

Join the Jets in our centenary year.
Subscribe to Jets e‑News
Get some great Jets gear.
Match details

6.00 pm, Friday, 20 June

Campbelltown Stadium
NSW Cup ladder [end of last round]
Team sheet

The match report will be posted to this page after the game.
Shaun Foley
Byron Ford
Brent Grose
Toshio Laiseni
Rhys Pritchard
Sean Rudder
Ben Green
Steve Meredith
Rory Kostjasyn
Ray Moujalli
Mickey Paea
Anthony Cherrington
Jimmy Andersen [C]
Khalid Deeb
Luke Millwood
Daniel Green
Hep Cahill
Danny Howard

*** Checkout the lineup for this game guys. Plenty of new faces and changes after last week. Ben GREEN back, Millwood to the bench, Cherrington up from juniors ( though he debuted in NRL several weeks ago and went well IMO ), ?? Pritchard did not play agaisnt Nths last week either I think so he is back. ? Danny Howard back on the bench, and Grose back into the lineup. Frank Paul must be still injured. And Albert Hopa and Luke Gordon both also appear to be absent after playing last week in the Nths game. The biggest loss IMO is the apparent absence of FOLOU. ! ( Bugger, he must be playing for the Roosters this weekend. ).

What is the wests line-up for this game yappy. ?? ( suppose you blokes have a ten man bench listed though as usual going off past seasons, lol.. ).

Last edited:

2 True Blues

Coach
It will be interesting to see how the Ben GREEN and Sean RUDDER combo works out as well. We had Branigan and Millwood last week against Norths, so some big changes there. Should be pretty impressive I reckon. Ben GREEN was the bloke who brought back the Jets to 10 all against Manly earlier this season, and has been dwindling in the Rhino's since.

From what I have seen of him he is pretty good though.

Come on Bluebags. Grab this one.

2 True Blues

Coach
**** And here is what we are up against in this must win match !!! *****

Wests Magpies v Jets
6:00 pm Friday June 20
Campbelltown

1. Shannon Gallant
2. Nick Taylor
3. Josh Davis
4. Nu Akeripa
5. Patrick Franks
6. Trent Cutler
7. Nathan Waters
8. Daine Laurie
9. Adam Bennett
10. Pat Rosser
11. Corey Vlaciky
12. Luke Young
13. Rocky Trimarchi

14. Michael Stolk
15. Aaron Firman
16. Leon Keir
17. Allen Soultan
18. Nua Alone

Coach. Leo Epifania

Laurie rumored to be 18th man for WTs in Bris

2 True Blues

Coach
Just heard that Minichello is a late scrathing for the Roosters. Guess that means we lose another player for this match tonight. And probably he wont be back again !? So Jets have lost one for sometime. Wonder if Foley will be playing NRL.

Come On Bags ~!!!!!!

Last edited:

Jeffles

Bench
Foley played NSW Cup tonight. Grose went up I think.

Newtown won 42-28 after leading 28-20 at half time.

Wests failed to put the first penalty into touch and we were able to run into their half. We got a repeat set then scored a try to lead 6-0. The Maggies scored two quick tries and it was 10-6 very early on in the piece. We raced out to 28-10 but then let Wests in for two late tries (including one right on half time) to be just 28-20 in front at the break.

In the second half, the teams traded tries. Fortunately for us, we had easier conversions. Shannon Gallant came frighteningly close with his two conversions in the second half and so we ended up leading 40-28. Wests had several conversions out wide. Our right side defence was letting us down like it did against Norths.

The last 15 minutes were very nervous. Wests threw a lot at us. Waters, Gallant and Bennett ran the ball a lot and unfortunately for us we let them. There was a turning point with about ten to go. Wests lost the ball in a tackle but the ref ruled it went back. Hep Cahill went to pick it up uncontested but he knocked on - a crucial error as Wests had the scrum 30m out. Then Luke Milwood mouthed off as the scrum was packing and we were penalised. If Wests had scored from there I don't think we would have defended our lead. As it was they got several sets together but we were able to repel them. Final score was 42-28. We kicked a penalty after full time.

It's hard to find a standout for the Jets in these games. It's the sort of game where nobody sets the world on fire - the better players are the ones with the least mistakes. Mickey Paea, Steve Meredith, Jimmy Anderson and Ray Moujalli all tried. Sean Rudder didn't let the team down.

Great bunch of blokes at Wests. Yappy, sorry I didn't have time to speak to you even more. My ride back into town had to leave as soon as the hooter went. All the best to Wests for the rest of the year.

Last edited:

2 True Blues

Coach
Beauty. Thanks for the report Jeffles.:thumn That win will give us a good buffer now in the top 4. The gap btw the top 4 and 5th is now wider also.

Wonder who will win in the parra/wenty versus manly game (2nd versus 3rd ) this weekend.

So apart from Grose was the team as per programme mate. Did Ben Green play ?? How did he go if so ?

D

Deleted member 10972

Can't wait till both Roosters and Jets are full strength (MInichiello gornskies though :()

Perrett
Roberts
Soliola
M Aubusson
KenDoll
Anasta
Pearce
O'Meley
Brown
Myles
Mason
Tupou
Fitzgibbon

J Aubusson
Sa
L Paea
Shillington

Foley
Ford
Hopoate
Grose
Folau
Branighan
Millwood
Meredith
Kostjaysn
Nuuausala
M Paea
Shackleton
Anderson

Gordon
Howard
Deeb
Moujalli

Reserves: Ben Green, Sean Rudder, Toshio Laiseni, Don Thompson, Daniel Green, Hep Cahill, Aaron Wheatley.

yappy

Bench
42-28 actually Jeffles, you forgot the penalty after the buzzer. We just didn't have enough muscle in the middle without Daine. See you in the semis maybe.

Jeffles

Bench
42-28 actually Jeffles, you forgot the penalty after the buzzer. We just didn't have enough muscle in the middle without Daine. See you in the semis maybe.

Forgot it? I wasn't even in the ground. I thought the ref just blew time. My bad. You make a good point though. Daine Laurie would've come in handy during the middle of the first half when we scored some tries up the middle.

Lovely hospitality at Wests. Your fans are a good bunch.

Latest posts