What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Man United... foreign manager??

G@v

Juniors
Manchester United winger Ryan Giggs has backed the idea of a foreign coach replacing Sir Alex Ferguson when the manager retires after next season.
"I wouldn't be against the appointment of United's first ever foreign manager," he told icons.com

"Arsenal and Liverpool have certainly benefited from using them", he added.

"The new manager would have to have a good knowledge of the European game because so much of our football is geared towards the Champions League."

L

legend

Gav, you have your finger on the pulse regarding the Premier League. Do you think a foreign manager will work for ManU the way it has for the gunners, liverpool and even the national side? I love the Premier league as I find it the fasest league and it always seems to be end to end stuff. the Serie A and the other Eurpean leagues are for the purists. Give me the premier league any day.

G@v

Juniors
I would prefer either George Burley or Martin O'Neill as the next manager at Old Trafford. I'm not against a continental manager, but the one's who have worked well are rare. Giggs mentioned Liverpool and Arsenal, but I can't think of another Premiership club where a foreign coach has done that well.

Houlier has done well at Liverpool, partly because I think he understands the nature of the English game and he spent a few years teaching in Liverpool, and going to watch the reds play at Anfield. He's an intellegent bloke, the same is true of Arsene Wenger.

L

legend

Gav, this is totally off the subject but i'll ask anyway. I want to add a photo album to the front page as well as rules for posting and registering to make the site as user friendly as I can. I've had a look at all the manager tools but for the life of me can't work it out how to change it. Any tips. I know you're pretty good with things like this.

G@v

Juniors
Legend, I am probably more in the dark about such things than you are. I'll ask legindyoll, one of our new members.

L

legend

Who is Legindyoll? Is that someone we both know.

FYI Gav, I have registered a domain name and now have a site under construction and it's called www.totalsportsnet.com. At this stage I only have the IP address as it takes a couple of days to get the domain name up and running. Once I get it up and running I'll set you up with an e-mail address if you like. It would read something like GavBT@totalsportsnet.com. Not bad hey Gav.

G@v

Juniors
Legindyoll is my kid brother, the smarter one, the one who has more of a clue about such things.

BTW, I've just had a look at some of the options and have changed the front page, just to give you an idea. I could have changed it completely, like uploading a different pic and getting rid of Mr Schifcofske, but I didn't think you'd be to chuffed at that. :)

L

legend

Gav, that looks good. If you do have anything in mind as far making the front page a bit more appealing to the eye feel free to make any suggestions.

G@v

Juniors
Good point legend! Just don't bag the Poms and you're safe. LOL

BTW, Ozbash is also a manager, he probably has more idea's than me!

L

legend

You promoted that bloke. Geez Gav, I make you a manager for two minutes and you promote any old sod.lol. The front page is looking better and better and I have managed to gete a copy of Front page and Dreamweaver. The next thing is to try and get the site onto some search engines like Yahoo, Google, Alta Vista and Excite. I don't kno what the cost is but so far this are moving very nicely.

Latest posts