What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mander-No chance of a decision going our way

cooba

Juniors
As soon as I saw Mander in the tunnel before the game I had flashbacks of all the games we lost when he was the Referee. I'll never forget the game against the Broncs when he didn't go to the video and said no try,would have been the match winner, and the video showed it as a try. So we're not going to get any 50/50's of him which proved correct today!!!

juggalo_strit

Juniors
He aint the worst ref going around though, look through the last few rounds and there has been some howlers!
I'm sure sometime soon Mander will help us out.

I assume this is regarding the Tongue no try? It's funny how that was no try, yet one in the roosters game where Flannery grounded the ball very similar it was a try...good one Mander!

hrundi99

First Grade
The call I don't understand is the Tom LL no try and 20m restart.

He was sliding the ball along the ground.

If he had control of the ball into the in-goal, then it was a try. If he lost control before the line, then it was a knock-on in the field of play.

Giving them a 20m restart implies that he had possession and lost it in the in-goal, correct? That would mean it was a try surely?

Am I missing something here?

Boing Boing

Juniors
hrundi99 said:
The call I don't understand is the Tom LL no try and 20m restart.

He was sliding the ball along the ground.

If he had control of the ball into the in-goal, then it was a try. If he lost control before the line, then it was a knock-on in the field of play.

Giving them a 20m restart implies that he had possession and lost it in the in-goal, correct? That would mean it was a try surely?

Am I missing something here?

Yes, mate. The refereeing collective has but one brain cell to share among many men.

Chachi

Bench
What about the Halatau shepherd play running through the scrum? I thought that was a massive no-call considering it ultimately led to the last try by McDonnell.

Boing Boing said:
What I don't get is how he ruled that teh tigers bloke kicked it dead? Where on earth did that happen?

My interpretation was that he ruled Tongue grounded it on the deadball line, so it was put out by Tongue, henceh the 20m restart.

Also the decision about Roids no-try must of been he lost it over the line. If anything he was short of the line so it should of been a scrum.

skeepe

Immortal
Schif_Happens said:
My interpretation was that he ruled Tongue grounded it on the deadball line, so it was put out by Tongue, henceh the 20m restart.

That sounds like a good interpretation but for two things.

1) It was a goal-line drop-out
2) He ruled that Elford put it dead first as he had a foot over the line and touched it slightly before Tongue did.

Apart from that, good interpretation! :D

A few years back it would have been a 20m restart, as Elford was out before he touched it, but they changed the rule for the in-goal meaning to stop players putting a foot out before touching it and nullifying good kicks.

Latest posts