What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mangina Bowl VI Discussion

kurt faulk

Coach

There's a slight problem here. If dream weavers win two franchise tag auctions where are they gonna get two 1st round picks to hand over for the next two seasons?

zombie jesus

Staff member
Not sure. Cross that bridge when we get there I suppose. Controlling owner can still match and assign years so it might not happen.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Anyone against me making the taxi squad/development squad 4 players instead of 2? With UDFAs now eligibile and a 5-round rookie draft it gives a bit more flexibility.

Not sure. Cross that bridge when we get there I suppose. Controlling owner can still match and assign years so it might not happen.

Mi Scoozi.

I was high on Mangina goodness when I saw that draft open and went a little cray, expecting not to win them all anyway.

Only thought about draft picks afterwards.

It has brought light a possible problem though.

I’ll leave it with the brains trust to adjudicate going forwards.

zombie jesus

Staff member
The Hunter bid will be ignored. If somebody really wants to pay at least $12k and 2 firsts to get him, let me know.

Hunter will automatically go to Dreamweavers once the auction ends, I'll manually trade the player back to Diamond Dogs at the franchise tag rate, this saves having to restart the auction.

Edit: ignore this, restarted the auction.

Last edited:

zombie jesus

Staff member
Another 2-bidder on franchise tags, I'm removing the bid on Bosa by No Fly Zone. Restarted the auctions for Bosa and Hunter.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Michael Thomas auction restarted at the Dreamweavers bid, No Fly Zone rescinded the last bid.

Make sure the bid you're submitting is the one you want, double and triple check it before submitting. This especially applies when we get to free agency,

One mistake means I've got to go to one page and delete the auction, go to another to unlock the player from waivers, another to look up the last valid bid, another to enable the owner ability to nominate a player, another to nominate the player and then that individual players' auction timer restarts. It's not just an undo button.

kurt faulk

Coach
The Hunter bid will be ignored. If somebody really wants to pay at least $12k and 2 firsts to get him, let me know.

Hunter will automatically go to Dreamweavers once the auction ends, I'll manually trade the player back to Diamond Dogs at the franchise tag rate, this saves having to restart the auction.

Edit: ignore this, restarted the auction.

:(:(:(

Mjp81

Juniors
Is there anywhere we can go on the League site to review previous drafts? I’m sure it’s there somewhere and quite simple to find, but I’ll be buggered if this useless prick can find it.

Not sure I really want to revisit my shit shows but I will anyway.

zombie jesus

Staff member
The rookie draft will commence at 8pm on Sunday.

Six rounds, 1st round salaries are set with a 4-year contract + 5th year option.

All other rookies are 4-year $1000 contracts and eligible to be put on your development/taxi squad. Development/taxi squad has been upped to 4 players this season.

The draft module is at the top of the league site homepage, use the "Enter your Pre-Draft Picks now." option if you're going to be away.

24 hour timer, it does not pause overnight.

If you miss a pick (that's one selection) you will be automatically set to "Pick the highest ranked eligible player according to the Average Draft Position rankings among similar leagues as shown on the ADP page". Check in on the forum, email or PM me to get taken off this setting.

Double and triple check before hitting submit, same with the auction, it's a bit of a work around to correct errors, especially if the draft has moved on.

@legend is up first

raiders_boy

Juniors
Looking forward to it.

Wondering in future if we can do the tags and renegotiations separately? As in, list the franchise tagged players, wait til that is done, then list the transitions, then do the renegotiations? I think it would make it clearer and easier for everyone to know what they're bidding on.